Las Vegas Finals
What started weeks ago
will finally come to a head tonight as the best 85
athletes from all over the nation will test their mettle
against the most difficult obstacle course ever devised
for television. Will a veteran make the final cut? Will
a rookie mount Midoriyama? We are four stages and 23
obstacles away from answering the $500,000 question and
perhaps naming the first... AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR!
Aside from the top 15 from each of the
four cities, we also have 25 wild cards including top 3 alternates from
each city, the top female athletes, and the top athletes over 40. And
judging from the montage, Brent Steffensen, who failed the City Final,
WILL RUN THE SASUKE COURSE.
Stage 1 will test speed and agility.
Stage 2 will test strength and endurance. Stage 3 is the ultimate test
of upper body strength. Survive all of that, and only the Big Tower
awaits. There is no substitute for total victory. Only the one who
summits the Big Tower at the end will claim $500,000.
And it all starts with Stage 1. The
contestants will have 2 minutes 10 seconds to complete this course.
- TIMBERS: Eight slanted logs
- GIANT CYCLE: Vault from the tramp to the circle, then time your leap
to the landing platform
- ROPE GLIDER: Ride down a cable to a floating mat.
- JUMPING SPIDER: Tramp jump plus spider climb.
- HALFPIPE ATTACK: Up the wall, then ride the rope to...
- WARPED WALL
- SPINNING BRIDGE: Spinning balls, four of them.
- FINAL CLIMB up the cargo net.
Hit the button at the end before time
runs out, you're on to stage 2. Otherwise, it's game over.
First up tonight...
- Camilo Brokaw (25; Albuquerque, NM;
parkour instructor): FAIL Rope Glider
- John "JB" Douglas (25; Rohnert Park, CA; gymnastics instructor): FAIL
- Marc Namie (34; Hopkinsville, KY; flight instructor): FAIL Jumping
- Jason Soares (23; Miami; MMA fighter): FAIL Jumping Spider
- Erika Schwarz (27; Las Vegas; aerialist & performer): FAIL Timbers
- Tukrong "TK" Klengdong (22; Boston by way of Vietnam, promotions
assistant): FAIL Jumping Spider
- Adam Grossman (29; Baltimore; naval engineer): FAIL Spinning Bridge
- Jamie Vanacore (28; Brigantine, NJ; Coast Guard rescue swimmer): FAIL
- Dan "Hot Dog" Moschella (28; Cedar Knolls, NJ; carpenter): FAIL
- Travis Weinand (29; Philadelphia; artist): STAGE COMPLETE!
- Sean Bennett (41; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; creative arts director): FAIL
- Justin Walcker (23; Bothell, WA; network administrator): FAIL Jumping
- Tremayne Dortch (27; Houston; personal trainer): FAIL Jumping Spider
- Michelle Warnky (29; Westerville, OH; personal trainer): FAIL Giant
- Michael Bernardo (33; Washington, DC; firefighter): FAIL Halfpipe
And that will do it for the night.
Fifteen runners started the finals, but only one will continue...
1) TRAVIS WEINAND (0:02)
Tomorrow on NBC, more finalists take the
course in hopes of besting Stage 1. See you on NBC.
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw