The hardest obstacle
course in America just got even harder, and the deepest
City Final field is about to take it as the search for
the American Ninja Warrior heads back to the Mile High
City to cut the field from an astonishing 48... to just
the top 15. So far three have their tickets stamped for
Las Vegas. Will we get at least 12 more out of the
runners tonight - which include Brian Arnold, Sam Sann,
and veteran Paul Kasemir - or will the fastest-furthest
come into play? It's the final show before Vegas as we
round out the Denver finals.
Civic Center Park
Joining the qualifier course are four
- QUINTUPLE STEPS
- ROLLING LOG
- ROTATING BRIDGE
- JUMP HANG KAI: the distance between the launch tramp and the net is
now 9.5 feet.
- GRIP HANG: the space between railsets has also been increased.
- WARPED WALL.
- SALMON LADDER: One rung, as many planks as it takes to reach...
- FLOATING STAIRS: Carry yourself over three sets of stairs using only
- POLE GRASPER: Traverse over the water using only a series of vertical
- SPIDER CLIMB: Wedge yourself inside and climb three stories to finish
Win-and-in is still in play. Hit the
buzzer, go to Vegas. If 15 fail to do so, then the spots go to the
fastest and the furthest.
First up tonight...
- Jake Smith (25; Boulder, CO; freerunner):
FAIL Floating Stairs. It was a course-out as he used his hands to
support himself on the edge of the Salmon Ladder.
- Amos Rendao (20; Boulder, CO; parkour instructor): With Jake out and
Brandon Douglass too injured to compete, it's up to him. After a
blindfolded Quint Step run... FAIL Salmon Ladder
- Adam Parkhurst (28; Dallas; firefighter): FAIL Grip Hang
- Casey Finley (30; Chanute, KS; gymnastics coach): FAIL Pole Grasper
Four more took their turn, but the Salmon
Ladder took each of them out.
- Sam Sann (46; Houston; gym owner): FAIL
The Floating Stairs take out four more.
- Brian Arnold (35; Brighton, CO;
maintenance supervisor): COMPLETE! (3:50.43)
Three more up... Three more down.
- Tremayne Dortch (27; Houston; personal
trainer): FAIL Pole Grasper
And then there was one...
- Paul Kasemir (26; Longmont, CO;
software engineer): a Ninja Warrior veteran through and through...
COMPLETE! (3:19.50) The man is going back to Vegas!
1) PAUL KASEMIR (3:19.50)
2) JOSH COOK
3) BRIAN ARNOLD
4) ISAAC CALDIERO
5) COLBY FRONTIERO
6) Casey Finley (Pole Grasper)
7) Tremayne Dortch (Pole Grasper)
8) Kyle Sinacori (Pole Grasper)
9) Andres De La Rosa (Pole Grasper)
10) Chris Romrell (Floating Stairs)
11) Lorin Ball (Floating Stairs)
12) Jake Smith (Floating Stairs)
13) Caleb Garnham (Floating Stairs)
14) Camilo Brokaw (Floating Stairs)
15) Josh Grant (Floating Stairs)
Next week, it's the Show. The Vegas
Sasuke. Will anyone seize the moment, take $500,000 and become ... KING
OF THE MOUNTAIN? The Vegas Finals begin on G4 NEXT TIME!
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw