The hardest obstacle
course in America just got even harder, and the deepest
City Final field is about to take it as the search for
the American Ninja Warrior heads back to the Mile High
City to cut the field from an astonishing 48... to just
the top 15. Tonight taking the course: Colby Fronteiro,
Graham Watanabe, and Isaac Caldiero... on the road to
Civic Center Park
Joining the qualifier course are four
- QUINTUPLE STEPS
- ROLLING LOG
- ROTATING BRIDGE
- JUMP HANG KAI: the distance between the launch tramp and the net is
now 9.5 feet.
- GRIP HANG: the space between railsets has also been increased.
- WARPED WALL.
- SALMON LADDER: One rung, as many planks as it takes to reach...
- FLOATING STAIRS: Carry yourself over three sets of stairs using only
- POLE GRASPER: Traverse over the water using only a series of vertical
- SPIDER CLIMB: Wedge yourself inside and climb three stories to finish
Win-and-in is still in play. Hit the
buzzer, go to Vegas. If 15 fail to do so, then the spots go to the
fastest and the furthest.
First up tonight...
- Joel Wymore (21; West, TX; camp
counselor): FAIL Salmon Ladder
- Logan Dooley (25; Lake Forest, CA; trampolinist): FAIL Jump Hang Kai
Four more athletes take on the course...
NONE of them reach the top of the Wall.
- Camilo Brokaw (25; Albuquerque, NM;
parkour instructor): FAIL Floating Stairs
- Kyle Sinacori (21; Centennial, CO; breakdancer): FAIL Pole Grasper
- Colby Fronteiro (30; Casper, WY; teacher): COMPLETE! (4:17.20). Our
first finisher of the night!
Seven more athletes took the course, and
all of them were knocked out before reaching the Spider Climb.
- Terry Cossey (29; Houston; web
developer): FAIL Jump Hang Kai
- Josh Cook (26; Pottsville, AR; carpet installer): COMPLETE! (3:47.83)
That's two! But something is wrong enough to call the medics in.
... after the break, we reveal that Josh
had an acute asthma attack. Oxygen has been administered.
Tonight's Warrior Wipeout: Spencer Labatt
on the Grip Hang.
- Graham Watanabe (31; Sun Valley, ID;
retired snowboarder): FAIL Floating Stairs
Our last run of the night...
- Isaac Caldiero (31; Denver;
professional rock climber): COMPLETE! (4:03.43)
And that makes three finishers of the
1) JOSH COOK (3:47.83)
2) ISAAC CALDIERO
3) COLBY FRONTIERO
Tomorrow night, we round out the field in
Denver as we take the final step towards Vegas. We'll see you on NBC.
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw