So far, 60 champions have
made their way to the city finals. With two more cities
to visit before those finals, it's time to see the
talent in Miami. Will we bring the Heat or flounder like
Florida International University
This course features a number of new
obstacles.... FOUR have not been seen on American Ninja Warrior.
- QUINTUPLE STEPS: five steps, seven feet
between each one.
- UTILITY POLE SLIDER: cling to a utility pole and hold on for the ride.
- BALANCE BRIDGE: two bridges and one gap.
- SLIDER JUMP: hang from a pipe and slide to propel to the cargo net and maneuver to the landing.
- MONKEY PEG: climb up the monkey bars, and then use pegs to cross the
rest of the way.
- WARPED WALL: Fourteen feet, three tries.
As a reminder, anyone who finishes the
qualifier moves on to the regional final and move one step closer to the
American Sasuke course in Las Vegas. If we have less than 30 complete,
the remaining spots go to the fastest and the furthest.
- Todd Bourgeois (30; St. Augustine, FL;
physical therapist) - FAIL Slider Jump
- Braelon "B Fit" McMullen (28; Riverdale, GA; train conductor) - FAIL
- Hyleas Fountain (32; Port Orange, FL; Olympic athlete) - FAIL Slider
- Richard Povian (21; Cooper City, FL; pool cleaner) - FAIL Monkey Peg
Ten more runners started, but none of
them were able to finish. The Slider Jump continues to eat away at the
- Lauryn Williams (29; Spring, TX;
Olympic athlete) - Hyleas' teammate. FAIL Quintuple Steps.
- Josh Windbeck (21; Sharpsburg, MD; warehouse worker), a walk-on who
didn't make it in Baltimore. COMPLETE!
Fernando Vazquez joins Josh in the final,
as does Thomas Hall from season 4. Six other athletes end up in the
- Dan Leach (64; Fayetteville, NC;
retired Army Ranger) - Bronze Star recipient. FAIL Balance Bridge
- Brandon Arrington (29; Lexington, SC; airline pilot) - COMPLETE!
John Walker III is one of three to be
fast-tracked to the final.
- Michael Solomon (33; Miami; yachtsman)
- FAIL Monkey Peg
Next, an American Ninja Warrior All-Star
and American hero...
- Ryan Stratis (29; Kennesaw, GA;
personal trainer) - COMPLETE! Give us a salute, bro... okay, no...
Of the 50 athletes who gave it their
best, we get these eight...
1) THOMAS HALL
2) JOSEPH ROSELLO
3) JOHN WALKER
4) JOSH WINDBECK
5) RYAN STRATIS
6) PAUL O'CONNOR
7) FERNANDO VAZQUEZ
8) BRANDON ARRINGTON
The rest of the field takes to the course
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw