Over the last six weeks, we've seen the
craziest obstacles ever known mow down athlete after athlete. Now only
the top 100 remain - 15 from each bracket and 10 wild cards - to
challenge the mother of all obstacles: Mount Midoriyama. But instead of
going to Japan, the course is being brought to America.
So far, only ONE person - Nathaniel
Spencer - completed the course. The other 27 have failed. Now, more
runners will take to the course...
The first stop of the road to total
victory consists of the following obstacles...
- STEP SLIDER: Quad steps plus rope
- ROLLING LOG: Grab the log and hang on.
- GIANT SWING: ... it's a giant swing.
- JUMPING SPIDER: Crawl between a spider wall
- HALFPIPE ATTACK: Run a wall, grab a rope.
- WARPED WALL: ... Fourteen feet.
- SPINNING BRIDGE: No mercy from these big balls.
- FINAL CLIMB: Grab the cargo net and run to the finish.
You have 2:10 to complete the course.
The middle tier of 20 finalists will
begin their run tonight.
- 72) Bradley Smith Jr. (27, Brooklyn,
bank teller) - FAIL Jumping Spider
- 71) Joshua Grant (25, Ottawa, IL, engineering student) - FAIL Spinning
- 70) Ben Snead (32, Larkspur, CA, carpenter) - COMPLETE (:22.98)
Two failed at the Warped Wall and at the
Giant Swing, but two runners - Danny Johnson (1:42) and Will Dodd
(2:02.23) - advance.
- 65) Kevan Reoli (23, Redwood, CA,
waiter) - FAIL Rolling Log
- 64) "Big Bob" Pondrom (30, Houston, personal trainer) - FAIL Giant
- W-63) Ryoga Vee (32, Sunnyvale, CA, search engine analyst) - FAIL
Andrew Wood failed at Step Slider, Scott
Robinson fails at the Jumping Spider.
- 60) Brendan Kelly (22, Lexington, KY,
student) - FAIL Jumping Spider
- 59) Dan Mast (23, Agoura, CA, stuntman) - FAIL Halfpipe Attack
- 58) Paul Darnell (29, North Hollywood, CA, stuntman) - COMPLETE
- 57) Ryan Thompson (27, Flagstaff, CA, IT training specialist) - FAIL
One failure and one win - JB Douglas
(1:50) - lead us to the final two runs of the night...
- 54) Jake Smith (22, Denver, cable
installer) - FAIL Warped Wall
- 53) Dorian Cedars (36, Studio City, CA, cheer coach) - FAIL Final
Nearly halfway finished, and we have six
on the board.
1) DANNY JOHNSON (1:42)
2) PAUL DARNELL (1:44)
3) BEN SNEAD (1:47)
4) JB DOUGLAS (1:57)
5) WILL DODD (2:02)
6) NATHANIEL SPENCER (2:10)
The next batch of finalists take to the
course at the top of the hour.
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw