From the West to the Midwest, the ninja
hopefuls have come out in full force, but what will the Northeast have
to bring? The road to Mt. Midoriyama in Las Vegas runs through...
Florida International University, Miami
Today's Qualifier Course consists of...
- QUAD STEPS: Four steps, seven feet
between each one.
- LOG GRIP: Hold on past two jolting drops.
- BUNGEE BRIDGE: A few cords of rubber separate you from failure.
- JUMP HANG: A cargo net and tramp that could be the difference between
getting the win and getting wet.
- JUMPING BARS: Five feet of monkey bars.
- WALL LIFT: Three progressively-heavier walls will test your brute
- WARPED WALL: Fourteen feet, three tries.
And we're playing it all UNDER THE
LIGHTS. We start here...
- Noel Reyes (28, Brooklyn, NY,
firefighter/paramedic) - FAIL Bungee Bridge
- Danyelle "The Beast" Wolf (28, York, PA, professional boxer) - FAIL
- Bill Schlageter (43, Lancaster, PA, IT manager) - Here because of his
son... who at 14 is too young to run the course. FAIL Quad Steps
So far, the Ninja Killer is a Bungee
- Christian Lauer (24, Trenton, NJ,
sports performance coach) - He trained the likes of Jamaal Jackson of
the Philadelphia Eagles. FAIL Jumping Bars
- Michael Tang (28, Edison, NJ, Purple Heart veteran) - running for his
soldier-in-arms Taurean, who was lost fighting the War on Terror in
Afghanistan. FAIL Quad Steps
- Nathan Fronczak (32, Silver Springs, NY, auto mechanic) - FAIL Jumping
- Chadd Clark (27, Washington, DC, legislative correspondent) - FAIL
Fast forward through the failures on the
- Zac "The Horse" Gordon (24, Harrisburg,
PA, daredevil) - It isn't the first time this summer Horse has been on
TV. He is already through to Vegas on "America's Got Talent". Amazingly
enough, he was able to conceive a second daughter. FAIL Jumping Bars.
- Jesse Villareal (24, Westbrook, ME, fisherman) - COMPLETE (1:36.04)
He's just made Jonny's list of ones to watch, completing a run dedicated
to his grandfather.
Jeremy Allen, Bradley Smith Jr, Michael
Pericoloso, and Dan Galiczynski all hit the wall thanks to the Wall
Lift, and couldn't get up the Warped Wall.
- Danny Johnson (27, Pittsburgh, visual
effects/motion graphics artist) - COMPLETE (1:38.60)
- Travis Graves (24, Washington, DC, parkour instructor) - COMPLETE
Adam Kosak, John Strzepek, Yosuel Garcia,
and Christopher DiGangi all complete, with seven Nor'easters blowing
onto the board. Will we see a returning challenger be #8?
- Chris Wilczewski (22, Mt. Laurel, NJ,
gym owner) - COMPLETE (1:20.70)
Halfway through the action, this is what
we're looking at.
1) CHRIS WILCZEWSKI (1:20)
2) JESSE VILLAREAL (1:36)
3) DANNY JOHNSON (1:38)
4) YOSUEL GARCIA (1:41)
5) TRAVIS GRAVES (1:42)
6) JOHN STRZEPEK (2:06)
7) CHRISTOPHER DiGANGI (2:41)
8) ADAM KOSAK (2:56)
But we've only just begun. Another fresh
crop of athletes are lining up at the starting blocks for THEIR shot
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw