Over the last six weeks, we've seen the
craziest obstacles ever known mow down athlete after athlete. Now only
the top 100 remain - 15 from each bracket and 10 wild cards - to
challenge the mother of all obstacles: Mount Midoriyama. But instead of
going to Japan, the course is being brought to America.
No American has EVER conquered the
course. Will this year see the first?
Stage 1 will test speed and agility.
Stage 2: strength and endurance. Stage 3: upper body strength. The Final
Stage: one rope, one chance. Only those who complete a stage move on to
The first stop of the road to total
victory consists of the following obstacles...
- STEP SLIDER: Quad steps plus rope
- ROLLING LOG: Grab the log and hang on.
- GIANT SWING: ... it's a giant swing.
- JUMPING SPIDER: Crawl between a spider wall
- HALFPIPE ATTACK: Run a wall, grab a rope.
- WARPED WALL: ... Fourteen feet.
- SPINNING BRIDGE: No mercy from these big balls.
- FINAL CLIMB: Grab the cargo net and run to the finish.
You have 2:10 to complete the course.
The fastest will run last. The slowest 28
will run tonight.
- 100) Cade Halada (30, Eagle River, WI,
desktop service technician) - FAIL Jumping Spider
- 99) Michael "Frosti" Zernow (25, Santa Monica, CA, professional
free-runner) - FAIL Jumping Spider
- W-98) Tom Hutchman (51, Kentfield, CA, personal trainer) - FAIL Giant
On hand watching, Sasuke Grand Champion
Makoto Nagano and the EP of the series in Japan. So far, they've seen
nothing but failure. Eight runs, seven of them ending on the Jumping
- 92) Ronnie Shalvis Jr. (21, Bountiful,
UT, construction worker) - FAIL Jumping Spider.
- 91) Paul O'Connor (29, Winter Haven, FL, water skier) - FAIL Halfpipe
- 90) James Wyatt (33, Willis, TX, operations manager) - FAIL Halfpipe
Four more runs, zero completions.
- 85) Marcus Ramos (26, San Jose, shoe
salesman) - FAIL Giant Swing
- W-84) Natalie Strasser (27, North Hollywood, CA, bartender) - FAIL
Four more runs... passing the Halfpipe
Attack.. but fail at the Warped Wall.
- 79) Gunner Bahn (25, Wasilla, AK, TSA
agent) - FAIL Halfpipe Attack
- 78) Nathaniel Spencer (27, Lawrence, KS, former professional golfer) -
COMPLETE (ON THE BUZZER!)
Three more men fail, one at the Final
- 74) Phillip Pirollo (28, Turnersville,
NJ, parkour gym owner) - FAIL Spinning Bridge
- 73) David Money (40, Burbank, CA, construction worker) - FAIL
And at the end of part 1, only one man
sits on the leaderboard.
1) NATHANIEL SPENCER (2:10)
The next batch of finalists take to the
course at the top of the hour.
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw