From the West to the Midwest to the
Northeast, the ninja
hopefuls have come out in full force, but what will the Northwest have
to bring? The road to Mt. Midoriyama in Las Vegas runs through...
Venice Beach Boardwalk
Today's Qualifier Course consists of...
- QUAD STEPS: Four steps, seven feet
between each one.
- LOG GRIP: Hold on past two jolting drops.
- SPINNING LOG: A rolling balance beam.
- JUMP HANG: A cargo net and tramp that could be the difference between
getting the win and getting wet.
- PIPE SLIDER: Grab on to the pipe and use your momentum to slide
yourself to ...
- WARPED WALL: Fourteen feet, three tries.
We start here...
- Patrick Pope (25, Coos Bay, OR, fishery
observer) - FAIL Log Grip
- Mark Eisenhart (42, Portland, motivational speaker) - FAIL Quad Steps
- Janine Cundy (24, Seattle, premed student & parkour instructor) - FAIL
- Brandon Belieu (24, Seattle, stuntman) - FAIL Pipe Slider
- Sgt. Cameron Corson (29, Chico, CA, US Army) - He did two tours in
Iraq. FAIL Log Grip
- Andrey Pfening (22, San Francisco, parkour instructor) - His family
won a green card lottery and emigrated from Russia. FAIL Pipe Slider
- Ryoga Vee (32, Sunnyvale, CA, search engine analyst) - FAIL Pipe
- Casey Blackletter (26, Mountain View, CA, mechanic) - FAIL Pipe Slider
- Kyle Cochran (23, Los Altos, CA; student & cheer coach) - COMPLETE
Now we know that the course CAN be
completed. Fastforwarding through Richie Wight, Drew Howard, and Carlos
Solis summiting the Warped Wall.
- Josh Horsley (26, Winters, CA,
routesetter at climbing gym) - COMPLETE (1:25)
- Justin Sweeney (23, Seattle, Student) - COMPLETE (1:16)
Joining them: Chris Miller, Angelo De La
Cruz, and Andres De La Rosa. We're up to nine now...
- Lance Pekus (25, Salmon, ID; ranch
hand) - FAIL Warped Wall
And now the man of the hour, the one
who's gone the furthest through Mount Midoriyama.... an American Ninja
- David Campbell (34, Santa Cruz, CA,
musician) - COMPLETE (:58.55!)
Halfway through the action, this is what
we're looking at.
1) DAVID CAMPBELL (:58)
2) JUSTIN SWEENEY (1:16)
3) JOSH HORSLEY (1:25)
4) KYLE COCHRAN (1:47)
5) ANGELO DE LA CRUZ (2:05)
6) ANDRES DE LA ROSA (2:20)
7) CHRIS MILLER (2:22)
8) CARLOS SOLIS (2:42)
9) DREW HOWARD (3:04)
10) RICHIE WIGHT (3:06)
But we've only just begun. Another fresh
crop of athletes are lining up at the starting blocks for THEIR shot
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw