Last night, 30 challengers rose to the
course in Venice Beach. Of them, 26 finished. Not of them, The Legend,
Levi Meeuwenberg. But for the 30 that did survive comes the harshest cut
of all, as 15 of them will not survive to the Vegas Course.
Venice Beach Boardwalk
In addition to the qualifier course,
these obstacles will be added...
- Quad Steps
- Log Grip
- Spinning Log
- Jump Hang
- Devil Steps
- Warped Wall
- SALMON LADDER: Use your momentum to traverse the one rung on this
- ARM RINGS: Work the rings across a bent track.
- CARGO CLIMB: One big cargo net, 45 feet.
If we don't get 15 competitors, the 15
fastest and furthest will go to Vegas.
- 21) WILL ROBERTS (26, Los Angeles,
personal trainer) - FAIL Spinning Log
- 26) KELVIN ANTOINE (53, Santa Clarita, CA, forklift operator) - FAIL
Over the break, Travis Brewer failed the
- 30) DAVID MONEY (40, Burbank, CA,
construction worker) - FAIL Arm Rings
Victor Rivera and Caine Sinclair also
fail the Arm Rings, and no one has yet to compete the entire course.
- 18) KOLE STEVENS (37, Carlsbad, CA,
Navy firearms instructor) - COMPLETE (3:07.82) And the bar is set. Kole
Stevens has gone from Quad Steps flameout to a trip to Mt. Midori-Vegas.
Matthew Conway fails at the Warped Wall,
while Kody Klein got wet on the Salmon Ladder. Now... clear for lift
- 20) EVAN "The Rocket" DOLLARD (30, San
Diego, writer/host) - COMPLETE (3:03.99). The Rocket is shooting toward
Vegas on a mistake-free run.
ANW action continues under the lights
- 16) RYAN "Cloud" COUSINS (26; Los
Angeles; 3D artist) - FAIL Spinning Log
- 13) RYAN THOMPSON (27; Flagstaff, AZ; IT training specialist) -
- 10) RICK PITCHER (29; St. George, UT; firefighter/EMT) - FAIL Warped
And with that, Finalist's Row is now
full. The man in jeopardy, Will Roberts, is relegated to the Hot Seat.
The worst seat in the house. That means that anyone who finishes faster
or further than you will take your spot on the plane to Vegas.
- 8) DEREK NAKAMOTO (21; Pomona, CA;
engineering student) - aside from being a student, he's also a physical
trainer and a taiko drummer. COMPLETE (3:36). Kelvin is now in the hot
Meanwhile, Vincent Gorby, Shane Daniels,
and Daron Payne all fail the Salmon Ladder. Man in the Hot Seat: Travis
Brewer. Passing the Warped Wall will get you in the Top 15.
- 4) JESSE LA FLAIR (26, Los Angeles,
stuntman/parkour traceur) - COMPLETE (3:04). Kody Klein now in the Hot
Ronnie Shalvis Jr. fails the Arm Rings,
Dorian Cedars finishes, and Remi Bakkar finishes as well. Now in the Hot
Seat, Daron Payne. Six men left...
- 14) DUSTIN ROCHO (33, Las Vegas, CPR
instructor) - FAIL Jump Hang, landing on the side of his face. He did
get up, but now his eardrum is ruptured. He'll be okay...
- 7) MICHAEL "Frosti" ZERNOW (25, Santa Monica, CA, professional
free-runner) - FAIL Arm Rings
Paul Darnell finishes in 3:43, but Jo
Paloma fails the Arm Rings. On the Hot Seat: David Money and Caine
Sinclair. All a person has to do is finish the Arm Rings to advance at
this point, but Frosti is assured of a place in the Vegas final.
- 2) DAN MAST (23, Agoura Hills, CA;
stuntman) - COMPLETE (3:46). That leaves two people of import, Caine
Sinclair and the man in the #1 position set to run last.
- 1) BRENT STEFFENSEN (31, Sandy, UT, stuntman) -
And your finals bracket from the
Southwest Region is set.
1) EVAN DOLLARD - 3:03.99
2) JESSE LA FLAIR - 3:04.99
3) KOLE STEVENS - 3:07.82
4) REMI BAKKAR - 3:12.74
5) BRENT STEFFENSEN - 3:18.03
6) CHAD SIMPSON - 3:20
7) DEREK NAKAMOTO - 3:36.17
8) DORIAN CEDARS - 3:36.70
9) PAUL DARNELL - 3:43
10) DAN MAST - 3:48
11) SEDDRICK BASSETT - 4:29
12) RYAN THOMPSON - 4:39
13) DYLAN CURRY - 5:09
14) Ronnie Shalvis Jr. - Salmon Ladder
15) Michael "Frosti" Zernow - Salmon Ladder
Next week, the competition moves to the
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw