Four regions down, and we're on pace to
create the strongest field of challengers to Mount Midoriyama on record.
So far, 60 have earned a trip to Vegas to try their hand at being the
first American to scale the monolith, but we still have room for 40. So
far, seven of the Mid-Southerners have finished.
1) PAUL KASEMIR (:53)
2) BRANDON DOUGLASS (:59)
3) LUKE CASH (1:11)
4) BRIAN ARNOLD (1:30)
5) ARNOLD RISVIK (1:32)
6) TODD STAIR (1:46)
7) "BIG BOB" PONDROM (2:05)
Fair Park, Cotton Bowl, Dallas
Today's Qualifier Course consists of...
- QUAD STEPS: Four steps, seven feet
between each one.
- LOG GRIP: Hold on past two jolting drops.
- BRIDGE OF BLADES: Or as it's called in Japan, "The Cross Bridge". Four
alternating rotating planks
- JUMP HANG: A cargo net and tramp that could be the difference between
getting the win and getting wet.
- ROPE JUNCTION: Traverse yourself through six ropes, one of them longer
than the others.
- WARPED WALL: Fourteen feet, three tries.
If 30 do not complete the course, then it
goes to the fastest and the furthest. We continue with...
- Jherich Silas (36, Plano, TX, web
marketer) - He's gone from 240 to 163... FAIL Jump Hang
- Risa Scott (28, Boulder, CO, civil engineer) - She's one of the
greatest parkour athletes in the nation. But like all females, she FAILS
the Jump Hang.
- Michael Moore (54, Sunnyvale, TX, fitness consultant) - FAIL Warped
Three more runners stopped by the Warped
- David Cabrera (24, Fort Worth, TX, cell
phone salesman) - FAIL Warped Wall
- Miguel "Jenin" Gonzalez (22, Fort Worth, TX, gymnastics coach) -
Meanwhile, the struggle continues at the
Warped Wall, while Alan Connealy and Josh Kroneberg complete the course,
putting the leaderboard at 11.
- Daniel French (32, Tijeras, NM,
firefighter/paramedic) - FAIL Rope Junction
- Ahmed Toure (21, Austin, TX, rockclimbing instructor) - COMPLETE
Jereme Sanders, Stephen Solt, George
Dunwoody, and Sat Khalsa join the ranks of the victors with 15 amongst
- Tremayne Dortch (26, Houston, personal
trainer) - COMPLETE (2:15)
- Rich King (30, El Paso, TX, stuntman) - an ANW veteran. FAIL Rope
Four more players add their names to the
list - Kevin Klein, Lorin Ball and Josh & Joe Lobeck.
One more runner, a repeat player from
- Jake Smith (23, Denver,
telecommunications technician) - COMPLETE (:54) EASY!
So here's your top 30....
1) PAUL KASEMIR (:53)
2) JAKE SMITH (:54)
3) BRANDON DOUGLASS (:59)
4) SAT KHALSA (1:02)
5) LORIN BALL (1:05)
6) JOSH LOBECK (1:07)
7) LUKE CASH (1:11)
8) JOE LOBECK (1:12)
9) GEORGE DUNWOODY (1:14)
10) JEREME SANDERS (1:18)
11) ALAN CONNEALY (1:20)
12) AHMED TOURE (1:20)
13) STEPHEN SOLT (1:24)
14) BRIAN ARNOLD (1:30)
15) ARNOLD RISVIK (1:32)
16) JAMES WYATT (1:40)
17) KEVIN KLEIN (1:40)
18) TODD STAIR (1:46)
19) JOSH KRONBERG (1:58)
20) "BIG BOB" PONDROM (2:05)
21) MIGUEL GONZALEZ (2:08)
22) TREMAYNE DORTCH (2:15)
23) JARET SALAS (Rope Junction)
24) ANGEL FLORES (Warped Wall)
25) DAVID CABRERA (Warped Wall)
26) NATHANIEL SPENCER (Rope Junction)
27) JUSTIN D'AVILA (Warped Wall)
28) MICHAEL CUSIC (Warped Wall)
29) JUSTIN DICKSTEIN (Warped Wall)
30) ERICK EISCHEN (Warped Wall)
Tomorrow night on the Peacock, the field
is trimmed in half as fifteen earn a ticket to Vegas.
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw