A few minutes ago, we saw another
heartbreaking defeat prove exactly how unforgiving the road to Mt.
Midoriyama is. Now the qualifier continues with the back half in Miami
under the lights....
Florida International University, Miami
Today's Qualifier Course consists of...
- QUAD STEPS: Four steps, seven feet
between each one.
- LOG GRIP: Hold on past two jolting drops.
- BUNGEE BRIDGE: Four platforms, each one shorter than the next and each
one made of rubber.
- JUMP HANG: A cargo net and tramp that could be the difference between
getting the win and getting wet.
- SWING CIRCLE: Brand new this year, competitors must leap from these
four free-moving rings.
- WALL LIFT: Three walls, each one heavier than the last one.
- WARPED WALL: Fourteen feet, three tries.
On the board so far...
1) DREW DRECHSEL (1:02)
2) BEN WICKS (1:18)
3) KAMERION WIMBLEY (1:30)
4) GABRIEL CORTES (1:34)
5) DANTE MUCHERINO (1:46)
6) MICHAEL ECKERT (1:467
7) LOGAN CRUZ (1:51)
8) KYLE STOKES (2:14)
If 30 do not complete the course, then it
goes to the fastest and the furthest. Action under the lights begins
- Tommy Heslep (38, Front Royal, VA,
sanitation worker) - FAIL Jump Hang
- Daniel Vanegas (31, Bonita Springs, FL, Shaolin kung fu instructor) -
FAIL Quad Steps
- Joyce Shahboz (40, Gainesville, FL, physical therapist) - She helped
Drew out with his rehab. FAIL Swing Circle.
Next up... her husband!
- Marc Shahboz (43, Gainesville, FL,
digital media professor) - FAIL Jump Hang. Well, we know who the athlete
in that family is.
Three more competitors can't swing past
the Swing Circle.
- Nicholas Hawks (24, Wilmington, NC; MMA
fighter) - FAIL Swing Circle
- Jacob Siler (27, Marietta, GA, student/gymnastics coach) - FAIL Warped
Next, another ANW All-Star...
- Travis Rosen (37, Franklin, TN, stock
investor) - COMPLETE (1:16)
Joining Travis atop the Warped Wall,
Colton Sansum, Andy Taylor, Adam Grossman, and Adam Hughes. We're up to
13 players now.
- Reko Rivera (26, Oldsmar, FL,
DJ/theatre performer) - FAIL Swing Circle.
- Tony Reddick (34, Miami, firefighter/paramedic) - He was also a track
star at FIU. COMPLETE (1:31)
The times being posted continue to get
faster, as four more - Thomas Hall, Brendan Kelly, William Brown, and
Sean Morris - all complete. That brings us to 18.
- Toshio Sidney-Ando (28, Birmingham, AL,
physical therapy student) - COMPLETE (1:34)
- Bull Bullard (27, South Beach, FL, Harlem Globetrotter) - COMPLETE
(1:27)... and time to entertain. He turns the course into the Washington
We're down to the final runner, the
- David "Flip" Rodriguez (23, Miami,
freerunning coach) - COMPLETE (:57.34)... Demolished it!
1) DAVID "FLIP" RODRIGUEZ (:57)
2) DREW DRECHSEL (1:02)
3) SEAN MORRIS (1:09)
4) TRAVIS ROSEN (1:16)
5) BEN WICKS (1:18)
6) THOMAS HALL (1:24)
7) BULL BULLARD (1:27)
8) WILLIAM BROWN (1:29)
9) KAMERION WIMBLEY (1:30)
10) TONY REDDICK (1:31)
11) BRENDAN KELLY (1:33)
12) TOSHIO SIDNEY-ANDO (1:34)
13) COLTON SANSUM (1:36.0)
14) GABRIEL CORTES (1:36.36)
15) ANDY TAYLOR (1:42)
16) DANTE MUCHERINO (1:46)
17) MICHAEL ECKERT (1:47)
18) ADAM GROSSMAN (1:49)
19) LOGAN CRUZ (1:51)
20) ADAM HUGHES (1:56)
21) KYLE STOKES (2:14)
22) JARED "JJ" WOODS (Wall Lift)
23) AMOS RENDAO (Wall Lift)
24) NIKO BOCUCKI (Wall Lift)
25) TIMOTHY OLIPHANT (Wall Lift)
26) PAUL O'CONNOR (Wall Lift)
27) PATRICK CUSIC (Wall Lift)
28) ARTHUR HINTON (Wall Lift)
29) RYAN SAEGERT (Wall Lift)
30) JACOB SILER (Wall Lift)
Tomorrow night, the 30 becomes 15... and
the field of Mt. Midoriyama is set. See you on the Peacock!
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw