we're going back in time to the year our Top 12 was born. But for one
singer, we just might leave them there. Time for Showtime!
1. Naima Adepopo - Year - 1984 -
Song: What's Love Got to do With it - Tina Turner. Problem here...there is
ZERO passion here. I feel nothing here. The song didn't connect with me. And
the vocals are way off. TROUBLE.
2. Paul McDonald - Year -1984 - "I Guess Why They Call It The Blues" Elton
John - What the hell is this? His vocals are off and I HATE everything about
him. His performance, his vocal tricks and his Joe Cocker movements. His
vocals are way off too. TROUBLE.
3. Thia Megia - Year - 1995 - "Colors of the Wind" - Vanessa Williams - The
first performance that showed real energy, vocal talent and stage presence.
Vocals were great, but I wished she would have not mumbled the lyrics at
4. James Durbin - Year - 1989 - "I'll Be There For You" - Bon Jovi - The
Tail is Back...but the Vocals are not...it felt like an "Up With People"
moment, instead of a rocking out anthem. The audience trick didnt work for
5. Haley Reinhart - Year -1990 - "I'm Your Baby Tonight" - Whitney Houston -
Like the same problem Rachel Zevita had two weeks ago - she is a little girl
playing dress up. She is not sexy enough to pull this off. And her vocals
were so off. TROUBLE.
6. Stefano Langone - Year - 1989 - "If You Don't Know Me By Now" - Simply
Red - Like this R&B take on the 1980's Classic. I felt the emotion and
energy. This was a good week for Stefano, and his vocals were on point.
7. Pia Toscano - Year - 1988 - "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" - Whitney Houston
- Smart diversification again...Rock, Ballad and R&B Pop. Vocals on point
and her positioning as the top female is on the way. Vocals were great and
she is the best female so far. SAFE.
8. Scotty McCreery - Year - 1993- "Can I Trust You With My Heart" - Travis
Tritt - Damn, I love his voice. His voice is one of the most pure finds in
the last few years in the reality competition genre. His presence, vocals,
and storytelling are so on it's scary. SAFE.
9. Karen Rodriguez - Year -1989 - "Love Will Lead You Back" - Taylor Dayne -
I didn't dislike this performance, but I didn't hate it. And again, she
pulls out the Spanish card. I know it works, but this is NOT Spanish Idol.
This is AMERICAN IDOL. She will go on to next week. SAFE.
10. Casey Abrams - Year - 1991- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana -
Whoa...interesting choice. And you know what, it worked. This is truly
him....and it was so OFF the wall and over the top...he will be back next
11. Lauren Alaina - Year - 1994 - "I'm The Only One" - Melissa Etheridge -
Liked the country take on this song. Not the best version that I have heard,
but not the worst either. She did herself good enough to get back next week.
12. Jacob Lusk - Year -1987 - "Alone" by Heart - Good choice - Nice
diversification - He is showing his problem of being way over the top, but
not even close to the worst male performance.
I see four people in trouble this week:
Ashthons votes will go to Jacob and Naima
Trouble: Naima, Paul, James and Hailey
Naima, Paul and Hailey