Jimmy Iovine is with the Top 13...singing their "Favorite Artists"
1. Lauren Alaina - Shania Twain..."Any Man of Mine” by Shania Twain. She
knew the words, but her performance lacked a bit of zip. It felt very
karaoke and plain. TROUBLE.
2. Casey Abrams - Joe Cocker - "With A Little Help from My friends." - Great
song choice...but his performance was so OVER THE TOP, it bothered me. Voice
was terrible and growly, just like Joe. TROUBLE
3. Ashthon Jones – “When You Tell Me That You Love Me” by Diana Ross
–Something about this performance bothered me. The vocals were too forced
and the vocals were recited robotically. No passion or energy. TROUBLE.
4. Paul McDonald – “Come Pick Me Up” by Ryan Adams – The first man in the
bottom three? What the heck is this? Bad song choice and vocals all over the
place...not really good. TROUBLE.
5. Pia Toscano – “All By Myself” by Celine Dion –The first really good
performance of the night. Passion, good vocals and she is showing to be a
real threat in this competition. SAFE.
6. James Durbin – “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney - I liked the
blues/rock aspect of the vocals, and he toned himself down a bit from Judas
Priest. Versatility pays off. SAFE.
7. Haley Reinhart – “Blue” by LeAnn Rimes -Ok...a) that dress is too adult
for her and b) the vocals are making me blue. Randy is on point
8. Jacob Lusk – “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly - Heard this song a
zillion times...but the vocal gymnastics are too much for me. He has the
chops, he will be back next week, but he needs to improve from this. SAFE.
9. Thia Megia – “Smile” by Michael Jackson -- Great stuff, but here's the
problem...I want her to not be "Ballad Girl" and I need her to be more
energetic next week. SAFE.
10. Stefano Langone – “Lately” by Stevie Wonder --OOoooh
Interesting...Techno Stevie....And his voice matches the beat. I like this a
11. Karen Rodriguez - "I Could Fall In Love” by Selena Again playing the
hispanic card, but this time it works. Big TIME. Vocals and performance
rocked. Liked it a lot. SAFE.
12. Scotty McCreery - “The River” by Garth Brooks. Yes I love this guy. And
he killed it again. He is country and he isn't running away from it. SAFE.
13, “Umbrella” by Rihanna - Naima Adepopo closes the show with a big
performance...and a reggae mix to boot. Loved this as well SAFE.
The verdict....5 people in trouble
Lauren, Casey, Ashthon, Paul and Haley
Bottom Three: Haley, Paul, Ashthon