Round of 5
Last night, the six found out what it was
like to run a Gordon Ramsay kitchen (if only for one night). The Reds
were able to handle the kitchen of Patina at the Walt Disney Music Hall
in LA, sending the blues to the most daunting Pressure Test. Tracy was
given her walking papers on the back of dealing with salmon, but this
isn't going to be the end for her. We're down to five... and by the end
of Round 7, we'll be down to the final three.
But first, we begin with...
MYSTERY BOX #7
In the box today... the toughest Mystery
Box to date - ground meat, celery, carrots, corn, bell peppers,
mushrooms, rice, and potatoes. And a bottle of Worcestershire sauce.
That is basically a shepherd's pie waiting to happen.
One incredible dish, 60 minutes. The
judges will only taste the three best-looking.
- Jennifer Behm: Meatloaf with Roasted
Corn & Homemade Ketchup. This is her fourth final table.
- Adrien Nieto: Meatball Trio. This is his fifth final table, the most
of any of the players.
- Ben Starr: Shepherd's Pie with Red Wine Reduction. This is his second
Winner gets a distinct advantage going
into the Invention Test. That's right. I used the Australian term. The
winner... finally won a Mystery Box. BEN STARR! He will control the
test, in which he must recreate a signature dish from a world-renowned
chef with 12 Michelin stars... one who is called the "Cook King" by the
Koreans, truth fact... one who puts the "F" back in food...
ELIMINATION TEST #7: Gordon Ramsay for 90
... who were you expecting, Hiroyuki
- Pan Roasted Filet Halibut with Crab
- Roasted Duck Breast with Honey Glazed Onions
- Roasted Loin of Venison with Red Cabbage
The dish to be recreated.... The VENISON
TENDERLOIN. The second advantage: Ben is allowed three questions on the
dish. The answers.
1) Red cabbage is the garnish.
2) Cream is used in the puree.
3) The venison was warmed in butter, then seared.
The rest of the recipe... Sorry, you're
going to have to go to Fox.com for that.
You will have 90 minutes to become Gordon
Ramsay.... And no, you just don't get there by swearing a lot.
- Suzy Singh: Good flavor, slight
unevenness on the venison.
- Christian Collins: Puree is split... and a bit piquant.
- Ben Starr: admittedly, he squandered his advantage.
- Jennifer Behm: MILES from the original dish.
- Adrien Nieto: Bastardized.
Needless to say, the bottom three are
Adrien, Christian, Jennifer... AND Ben. Yikes.
The winner of this challenge... SUZY. She
makes the final four as the winner of this Invention Test.
Jennifer and Christian... are SAFE.
Leaving the MasterKitchen forever...
.... BEN STARR. Heartbreak all around.
He's pulling for Adrien to win the whole thing.
One title. Just FOUR cooks. The search
for the next MasterChef continues.
To see this episode in its entirety OR to
apply to be a contestant on season 3 of MasterChef, go to