Last night, we saw 30 people rise up to
meet the challenge in the Northwest Qualifier. Now the finals beckon,
and only the strongest will survive.
Venice Beach Boardwalk
Today's Final Course consists of...
- Quad Steps
- Log Grip
- Spinning Log
- Jump Hang
- DEVIL STEPS: An inverted staircase with eighteen steps that you'll be
climbing with your hands.
- Warped Wall
- SALMON LADDER: Use your momentum to traverse the one rung on this
- ARM RINGS: Work the rings across a bent track.
- CARGO CLIMB: One big cargo net, 45 feet.
David Campbell, in under a minute, will
take on the course last. Taking on the course first...
We continue here...
- 29) Joseph Duncan (21, San Jose, hotel
security) - FAIL Spinning Log
- 5) James Sclar (29, Capitola, CA, former Marine & student) - FAIL
Salmon Ladder. He did attempt the Arm Rings, BUT he technically went off
course when he used his hands to support himself on the Salmon Ladder's
Richie Wight and Chris Miller failed the
- 23) Carlos Solis (32, San Francisco, personal trainer) - FAIL Spinning
- 26) Tom Hutchman (51, Kentfield, CA, personal trainer) - FAIL Spinning
Nicholas Frank and Brian Unger fail at
the Warped Wall, and Michael Wenger at the Devil Steps. Ten men has
started, not one of them have finished.
- 15) Kyle Cochran (23, Los Altos, CA;
student/cheer & dance coach) - ... COMPLETE (3:19). He's going to VEGAS
if his time holds.
Ben Snead (4:44), Justin Walcker (3:57),
Kevan Reoli (4:12), Gunner Bahn (5:14), and Andres De La Rosa (6:40) all
finish. Tom Hutchman is in the hot seat. Anyone passes the Spinning Log,
- 2) James McGrath (26, Seattle, ice
cream scooper) - COMPLETE (2:12). He's on top, and Tom's on out.
Meanwhile, brother Patrick (6:03) will
join him in the top 15. Also on the leaderboard: Justin Sweeney (3:25),
Josh Horsley (3:48), and Sean Noble (3:16). In the hot seat: James Sclar
passing the Warped Wall.
- 19) Marcus Ramos (26, San Jose, shoe
salesman) - FAIL Arm Rings. Now HE'S on the hot seat.
Three fail to finish and get on the
board, but Travis Furlanic (2:28) takes the second spot in the top 15.
The final runner...
- 1) David Campbell (34, Santa Cruz, CA,
musician) - COMPLETE (2:43)!
And no doubt the Northwest is the
strongest field, because all 15 finalists have finished!
1) JAMES "The Beast" McGRATH (2:12)
2) TRAVIS FURLANIC (2:28)
3) DAVID CAMPBELL (2:43)
4) SEAN NOBLE (3:16)
5) KYLE COCHRAN (3:19)
6) JUSTIN SWEENEY (3:25)
7) JOSH HORSLEY (3:48)
8) NATHAN SAUSEDO (3:49)
9) JUSTIN WALCKER (3:57)
10) JB DOUGLAS (3:59)
11) KEVAN REOLI (4:12)
12) BEN SNEAD (4:44)
13) BRIAN KRETSCH (5:07)
14) GUNNER BAHN (5:14)
15) PATRICK McGRATH (6:03)
We're two-thirds of the way through to
Vegas. Next time, another 15 will join them from the Midsouth.
HERE TO CONTINUE
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, go to
g4tv.com/anw or nbc.com/anw