of 25: Women
the men of American Idol - plus one - took the stage,
and you took the phone lines. The result of your
votes... tomorrow. Tonight, it's the ladies' turn.
Welcome to "Boobs' Night Out".
A reminder of how it works.
The 12 ladies will sing for a shot at becoming the first female since
Jordin Sparks to take it all. Only the top five votegetters will
automatically join the top five votegetters on the male side. Then
tomorrow, each judge will get one pick to make a top 13.
Tonight the girls will sing
a song of their choosing.
1. Chelsea Sorrell - "Cowboy
Casanova" by Carrie Underwood - Not a good way to start the show.
Karaoke lite performance with bad vocals and a little girl trying to be
a big star doesn't work for me. And her big boobs are the best thing
about this performance. OUT.
2. Erika Van Pelt - "What About Love" by Heart - Like this performance.
Got a Cher/Rock Chick Voice. Not the best thing I have seen, but enough
to move on. SAFE.
3. Jen Hirsh - "One and Only" by Adele - A very pure voice but her
problem is that her voice is VANILLA. This song (which I have played
over and over on my iPod) as sung by Adele, is full of fire and vigor.
Her performance is too safe and passionless that I think she goes home.
4. Brielle Von Hugel - "(Sittin' On the) Dock on the Bay" by Otis
Redding - HUGE PROBLEM here. I couldn't understand the first half of her
performance. But the 2nd half was killer. I think it is NOT ENOUGH To
get her through. OUT.
5. Hallie Day - "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone - And here we have the
first woman who wants it. Great voice, great performance. WAY IN. SAFE.
6. Skylar Laine - "Stay With Me" by Faces - LOVED THIS. Passion, fire
and a killer country rock voice. IN BIG TIME.
7. Baylie Brown - "Amazed" by Lonestar - Too Vanilla, too boring and
going after Skylar Laine killed it killed her. OUT.
8. Hollie Cavanagh - "Reflection" by Christina Aguilera - Loved this
performance. Beautiful VOICE. Very good phrasing and told a story in her
vocals. IN BIG TIME.
9. Haley Johnsen - "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by the Eurythmics -
UGH. Very bad. Hated the vocals and she was just awful. OUT.
10. Shannon Magrane - "Go Light Your World" by Kathy Troccoli - This was
as bad of a flame out as Eben yesterday. Little kid trying to be a big
girl on a big stage. Vocals were not good. She goes home. OUT.
11. Jessica Sanchez - "Love You I Do" by Jennifer Hudson - I am not sure
I loved this, but I liked her passion and attitude with the song. She
does have some PIPES. IN.
12 Elise Testone - "One and Only" by Adele - MUCH better version of
this. Bluesy and powerful and to get this with voice problems. IN.
OVERALL, as a group, the
ladies have a far road to go if they are going to take on the men for
the top spot in the end. But there are a few who can make a really good
run at it. These people... won't.
OUT: Chelsea Sorrell, Jen
Hirsh, Brielle Von Hugel, Baylie Brown, Haley Johnsen, Shannon Magrane.
Tomorrow night, no more
second chances... well, one more second chance, BUT we will have 13
singers remaining on the road to Nokia Theatre.