of 25: Men
hopefuls came by the truckload. From that we got to
24... then added four more. By the end of the week, only
the top finalists will remain, and one by one they will
be knocked out until we reach the finals at the end of
the season. But first... the guys and some unfinished
business. Time to take it up a notch as we come to you
live... FROM TELEVISION CITY IN HOLLYWOOD!
CBS Television City
Now here's how this will
work. The judges have had a chance to review four of the castoffs from
Vegas: Johnny Keyser, Richie Law, David Leathers, and Jermaine Jones.
They will allow one of them back into the competition. That one will
perform LAST. Meanwhile, the 12 guys will sing for your vote. FIVE of
them will earn an automatic place in the finals. Tomorrow, same thing
with the ladies. and each judge will get one pick to make a top 13.
Tonight the guys will sing a
song of their choosing.
1. Reed Grimm - "Moves Like
Jagger" by Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera - What a bad way to
start the show. A lame faux jazz arrangement and his voice put me to
sleep. This is really a bad performance and the Sheila E drum solo
didn't work. The judges were way off. Again. (OUT)
2. Adam Brock - "Think" by Aretha Franklin - I liked his White Soul
vibe. And his vocals are decent. But the clothes, and lack of stage
presence bother me. OUT.
3. DeAndre Brackensick - "Reasons" by Earth Wind & Fire - Great
look...off key performance. Way off key. (OUT)
4. Colton Dixon - "Decode" by Paramore - Very bold choice. The first one
to show stage presence and actually wanting to win this damn thing.
Although, (as my father put it), he did swallow the mic a lot. SAFE.
5. Jeremy Rosado - "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles - I am very intrigued by
this arrangement. He has a better R&B Vibe and Voice than Deandre, which
could spell big trouble for DeAndre later. (OUT)
6. Aaron Marcellus - "Never Can Say Goodbye" by the Jackson 5ive - And
here's #2. Great voice, great performance. I liked this a lot. His voice
is going to get him FAR. And he NAILED that money note. SAFE.
7. Chase Likens - "Storm Warning" by Hunter Hayes - This is our first
country singer. While the performance wasn't blow away, he did what he
had to do to cement himself in the genre. SAFE.
8. Creighton Fraker - "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper - I thought this was
going to be a comedy bit...but the performance was not half-bad.
Actually, it was pretty good. If he keeps singing like this, he will be
in this for a while. SAFE.
9. Phillip Phillips - "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins - Where Moves
Like Jagger failed, this succeeded. He has a hard rock vibe and sneer
that is pretty damn cool. SAFE.
10. Eben Franckewitz - "Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele - Bold choice
that failed...too young and weak a voice. Sorry girls. OUT.
11. Heejun Han - "Angels" by Robbie Williams - Sorry, no Jeremy Lin
story here. Horrible Performance and bad vocals mean he is gone. OUT.
12. Joshua Ledet - "You Pulled Me Through" by Jennifer Hudson - Aaron
has a R&B Competitor. Great voice and great stage presence. SAFE.
And now the final spot in
the men's bracket. If you remember, the judges pulled four castoffs:
Jermaine Jones, Johnny Keyser, Richie Law, and David Leathers. One of
them will get another shot at Idol glory. That one, based on the judges'
13. Jermaine Jones - (WC 2nd Choice) - "Dance With My Father" by Luther
Vandross - Damn what a low range. I think he did enough to get into the
top 12 SAFE,
OVERALL, there was nothing
stopping the guys from owning the stage, but alas, technical faults will
cost a few their shot at the big stage and the big money...
OUT: Heejun Han, Eben
Francewitz, Jeremy Rosada, Deandre Brackensick, Reed Grimm, Adam Brock
TOMORROW, it's the ladies'