Somewhere stuffed in between reruns of Transformers
Animated and Adult Swim, there's a ride that only the brave of heart and the
sharp of mind can dare to conquer. A ride known as... the BrainRush.
LEVEL 1: BOOMERANG
(Height: 11 stories; Top forward speed: 48 MPH; Length: 875 ft; Loops: 6; max
G's: 5; forwards... then backwards)
First up is a greenhorn by the name of Devin. He
likes to skate and play baseball. He gets the Quick Quiz first.
1) Who played James Bond right before Daniel
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: Pierce Brosnan)
2) How many days are there in February during a leap year?
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: 29)
3) Who is the lead singer of Coldplay?
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: Chris Martin)
4) Is Joaquin Phoenix a place or a person?
- Person ($25)
5) Is Aquaman a superhero or a super villain?
- Superhero ($50)
6) Where is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame located?
"I don't know." (CORRECT: Cleveland)
7) Who is the "King of the Apes"?
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: Tarzan)
Only two right for $50.
Next up is Walter, who's a little nervous. He
likes to make dance videos with his friends. Let's go dancing with the
1) Who is the voice of Donkey in the "Shrek" movies?
- Eddie Murphy ($25)
2) Is R2-D2 a robot or an alien?
- Robot ($50)
3) TRUE or BOGUS: New York City is the capital of New York state.
- Bogus ($75)
4) Is Ravioli an Italian food or an Italian car?
"I don't know." (CORRECT: Food)
Almost perfect there. He leads with $75.
Finally, another greenhorn, this time, we'll call
her Paloma. She likes dancing as well. Might have to get up with Walter soon.
1) Who is the male host of "America's Best Dance Crew"?
- "I don't know! I don't know!" (CORRECT: Mario Lopez)
2) How many rings are on the Olympic logo?
- 4 (CORRECT: 5)
3) The video game character Mario has what kind of job?
"I don't know." (CORRECT: Plumber)
4) What dog has a better sense of smell: German shepherd or bloodhound?
- Bloodhound ($25)
5) Is DMX is a government agency or a person?
- Person ($50)
6) Which is taller: Mount Everest or the Statue of Liberty?
- Mount Everest ($75)
7) What kind of hat does Indiana Jones wear?
- "A brown one, I don't know what it's called!" (CORRECT: Fedora)
8) How many Major League Baseball teams are there?
"I don't know." (CORRECT: 30)
9) Is "Kung Fu Panda" played by Seth Rogen or Jack Black?
- Jack Black- RIGHT ($100)
Paloma moves on to the next round with the lead
at $100. Unfortunately, it's the end of the ride for Devin. But he leaves with
LEVEL 2: SILVER BULLET (3125 ft of suspended
metal; top speed: 55 mph; cobra
rolls; zero G rolls; two corkscrews)
Walter is first. He picks the blue. His game...
REPRESENT. His words to remember: Hightops, ranch, and guitar. The pictures... a
skull & crossbones... a hand... and a hammer. He gets... all six for $300,
giving him $375.
... which means Paloma has to be perfect with THE
REGURGITATOR. Today, the story has to do with a group of Idaho kids putting on a
school play based on, of all things... Star Wars (according to the Mountain Home
1) In what state does the story take place?
Paloma: Idaho ($50)
2) How much are tickets worth?
Paloma: $3 ($100)
3) What's the name of the high school?
Paloma: Mountain View (CORRECT: Mountain Home High School)
4) Where will they perform the play?
Paloma: Gym ($150)
5) What film will the school be adapting into the play?
Paloma: "Star Wars" ($200)
6) What's the name of the school's theater company?
Paloma: "I don't know." (CORRECT: Encore Company)
And that's four for $200, giving her $300. Not
enough to continue, though. Walter's your big winner tonight with $375! He gets
to take on...
LEVEL 3: XCELERATOR (blast coaster; 2202
ft long; top
forward speed: 82 MPH; 225 ft vertical arch; max G's: 4)
This is a categories round called "Motormouth" with these categories
- ZAP-POW (Superheroes & comic books)
- PENALTY BOX (Sports)
- WATCH OUT! (TV/movies)
- KNOW IT ALL (general knowledge)
Walter goes with Penalty Box. But first, we have
a cheeseburger. This is for a $100 bonus. He eats it. Lamorne pays. Simple.
Now for the Motormouth question...
Name as many current NBA teams as you can.
- Lakers ($50)
- Cavaliers ($100)
- Mavericks ($150)
- Bulls ($200)
- 76ers ($250)
- Pistons ($300)
- Kings ($350)
- Knicks ($400)
- Thunder ($450)
Nine answers... $2250! That gives Walter a final
score of $2625 PLUS the $100 bonus. BUT he can double or halve that total. Will
he take on the Bonus Question? Sure. The question for either $5250 or $1312....
The Final Question: Who was the youngest golfer
ever to win a career Grand Slam?
LAUNCH IT! Walter's going home with $5250, plus
the $100 bonus, giving him a total of $5350! He's the reigning king of BrainRush,
but the queue lines are packed with people waiting to take his crown.
Until next Wednesday, thanks for riding Brainrush, and we hope you
enjoy the rest of your day.
For more information on the show, including
never before seen footage, visit
www.cartoonnetwork.com, keyword Brainrush.