Welcome back to the park for more BrainRush. More
big money, more big rides, and more big players hoping to face off with both.
LEVEL 1: BOOMERANG (Height: 11 stories;
Top forward speed: 48 MPH; Length: 875 ft; Loops: 6; max G's: 5)
Player 1 today is Kaitlin, who is a varsity
swimmer for her high school. Here's her Quick Quiz.
1) Which animal is known for building dams?
- "I don't know!" (CORRECT: Beaver)
2) How many positions are on a professional baseball field?
- "11?" (CORRECT: 9)
3) Is "Flavor of Love" a dating show or a cooking show?
- "Dating show." ($25)
4) How many days are in the month of May?
- 31 ($50)
5) Is Hot Topic a TV show or a clothing store?
- Clothing store ($75)
6) Is Gambit a superhero or a super villain?
- Supervillain (CORRECT: Superhero)
7) Is quiche a perfume or a food?
- Food ($100)
8) What precious metal is stored in Fort Knox?
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: Gold)
9) TRUE OR BOGUS: Paul Blart is a move about the Clone Wars.
- "I don't know." (A: Bogus)
She craps out on half of her questions more or
less for $100.
Next up on the Boomerang Quick Quiz is Trevor,
who likes lobsters and hates rollercoasters. Well, he should be right at home,
1) How many positions are there on a basketball
- "12." (CORRECT: 5)
2) Is Chris Rock a comedian or a singer?
- Comedian ($25)
3) Is "The Human Torch" a superhero or a super villain?
- Superhero. ($50)
4) Who's older- Michael Phelps or Dustin Pedroia?
- "Michael Phelps" (CORRECT: Dustin Pedroia)
5) What's the largest human organ?
- Skin ($75)
6) TRUE OR BOGUS: The number 4 has four letters.
- True ($100)
7) Which planet is bigger: Mercury or Uranus?
- Uranus ($125)
8) TRUE OR BOGUS: Malia & Sasha are Barack Obama's daughers.
- True ($150)
9) How many suits are there in a deck of cards?
- Four ($175)
$175 is more than pretty good. It's enough to go
into the next round.
But will Kaitlin join him, or Darnell, a gamer
and a children's book writer?
1) Which professional hockey team is based in Los Angeles?
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: Kings)
2) How many Hobbits are there in "The Fellowship of the Ring"?
- 4 ($25)
3) Is Andre 3000 a rocket ship or a musician?
- Rocket ship. (CORRECT: Musician)
4) Is "Blades of Glory" a movie or a TV show?
- Movie ($50)
5) TRUE OR BOGUS: The band My Chemical Romance is from New Jersey.
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: True)
6) How many points is a safety worth in a football game?
- 6 (CORRECT: 2)
7): What ocean borders the East Coast of the U.S.?
- "I don't know." (CORRECT: Atlantic)
So much for the writer, but he does get $50 for
LEVEL 2: SILVER BULLET (3125 ft of suspended
metal; top speed: 55 mph; cobra
rolls; zero G rolls; two corkscrews)
First up is Katilin, and her game is "Represent". She will be told three words.
She has to locate three pictures representing those three words. Every picture
or word is worth $50.
WORDS: Mohawk... Headphones... Chainsaw.
PICTURES: Key... Peace Sign... Banana.
She gets all of the words and two pictures for
$250 more, $350 total.
Trevor is playing the Regurgitator, Hit Man on a
roller coaster. Today, he'll try to be an instant expert on the San Francisco
Giants at LA Dodgers' home opener (from ESPN.com).
1) How many runs did the Dodgers score in the game?
- 19. (CORRECT: 11)
2. What team did the Los Angeles Dodgers play?
- San Francisco Giants... eventually ($50)
3. What is hitting a home run, a triple, a double and a single, all in one game?
- "An overall ... something!" (CORRECT: Hitting for the cycle)
Did we mention that Trevor doesn't like
rollercoasters. He has another reason to hate them, as he leaves the game with
LEVEL 3: XCELERATOR (blast coaster; top
forward speed: 82 MPH; 225 ft vertical arch; max G's: 4)
This is a categories round called "Motor Mouth" with these categories
- ZAP-POW (Superheroes & comic books)
- PENALTY BOX (Sports)
- WATCH OUT! (TV/movies)
- KNOW IT ALL (general knowledge)
Kaitlin goes with "Watch Out!" But before she
goes on the Xcelerator, here is a funnel cake. Eat it in 30 seconds, and you get
$100 no matter what. She... doesn't. Folks... You eat a funnel cake like you
And now.. the question. Remember, the more
Kaitlin names, the more she earns.
The question: Name as many "American Idol" top 10
finalists from any season as possible.
- Kelly Clarkson - $50
- Ruben Studdard - $100
- Clay Aiken - $150
- Diana DeGarmo - $200
- Kellie Pickler - $250
That's five for $750, giving her a total of
$1100! But now comes the hard park. Will she go for double or half on the Bonus?
She's going for it!
For $2200 for $550...
WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THE SEQUEL TO THE MOVIE
She... doesn't know. It was "Evan Almighty." No
victory ride and no doubler, meaning that Kaitlin leaves with $550. But still...
we launch the ride anyway, because we're nice like that.
Back next with with more sick rides, more
boggling questions, and more cash money. Until then... Thank you for riding the
Brainrush, and enjoy the rest of your day.
For more information on the show, including
never before seen footage, visit
www.cartoonnetwork.com, keyword Brainrush.