It's a simple game show... Answer questions, win
money. The only thing is... you're on a roller-coaster... AND you don't know
you're on a game show until you're locked in your harness.
Strap yourself in and hold on tight, because you
have to be THIS smart to win on... BRAINRUSH!
Here's how it works. Surveillance cameras and
secret agents are hidden all the way throughout the park. Whoever sits in the
right seat at the right time will be chosen to play the game. In Level 1
tonight, three players will ride the Boomerang. The two who earn the most cash
go on to Level 2, the Silver Bullet, an even meaner coaster. Whoever has the
most money at the end of Level 2 goes on to the final coaster, Level 3's
Xcelerator, where they will have a chance to win over $5000.
LEVEL 1: BOOMERANG (Height: 11 stories;
Top forward speed: 48 MPH; Length: 875 ft; Loops: 6; max G's: 5)
Contestant #1 is Antwone, who likes playing
The first part of the ride is called "Quick
Quiz". For every question Antwone answers right, it's $25.
1) Who is the leader of the Fantastic Four?
- Mr. Fantastic. CORRECT ($25)
2) What does CIA stand for?
- "I don't know." (Central Intelligence Agency)
3) Vin Diesel: Actor or product?
- Actor. CORRECT ($50)
4) Tom Brady: professional footballer or
- Football. CORRECT ($75)
5) True or Bogus: The General Lee has five tires.
- Bogus. CORRECT ($100)
Next up is Hope, who likes to draw manga.
1) True or Bogus: Nick Cannon is Danica Patrick's
- Bogus. CORRECT ($25)
2) Who weighs more: LeBron James or Allen
- LeBron James. CORRECT ($50)
3) How many letters are in the word "seven"?
- Six (Five)
4) Sasquatch is another name for what monster?
- Bigfoot. CORRECT ($75)
5) Is "The Lonely Island" a vacation spot or a
- Comedy Troupe. CORRECT ($100)
6) Which is worth more: three dimes or five
- Three dimes. CORRECT ($125)
Finally, we have Jake, who is a twin.
1) What is the national language of Brazil?
- "I don't know." (Portuguese)
2) True or Bogus: Will Forte is a character on
- Bogus. CORRECT ($25)
3) How many time zones are there in the world?
- 50. (24)
4) What's longer, a yard or a meter?
- Meter. CORRECT ($50)
5) Is the character "Quagmire" from the Simpsons
or Family Guy?
- Family Guy. CORRECT ($75)
6) Who is the second President of the United
- "I don't know." (John Adams)
7) What Major League Baseball team plays in
- Diamondbacks. CORRECT ($100)
After Level 1, Hope is definitely moving on with
$125. Antwone and Jake are tied at $100. The tiebreaker question is about the
Boomerang. The answer is a number, and the person who comes closest to that
number over/under will go on.
TIE: What is the top speed, in miles per hour, of
CORRECT: ... 48. Jake moves on, but Antwone leaves with $100.
LEVEL 2: SILVER BULLET (suspended; cobra
rolls; zero G rolls; two corkscrews)
Jake goes first, since he is behind. This part of
the ride is called "Choose Your Destiny", because in each of Lamorne's two
envelopes is a different game.
Jake chooses red... "Streetwise" is the game.
During the ride, Lamorne will tell Jake five letters. For every letter he
remembers at the end of the ride, he gets $50. Then he has to unscramble them to
form a slang term for another $50. So if you do it right, there's $300 to be
The letters: N E S R T. Jake remembers... four of
them for $200.
Now to unscramble. Hint: another name for your
mom and dad.
Correct: RENTS. Jake doesn't make it, so he comes
out of level 2 with $300.
Hope's game is "The Regurgitator". On the slow
ride up, Lamorne will read a story. Then on the ride down, he'll read six $50
questions about the story, in this case, it's a story about the Megamouth shark
from Scientific American.
1) What animal was recently caught?
- Big Mouth Shark (Megamouth Shark).
2) How much did the megamouth shark weigh?
- 11,000 lbs (1100 lbs)
3) How many times have the megamouth shark been
- 31 (41)
4) When was the first megamouth shark spotted?
- 1976. CORRECT ($50)
5) In what country was the shark found?
- "I don't know." (The Philippines)
6) How long was the megamouth shark?
- 13 feet. CORRECT ($100).
At the end of Level 2.... Jake leads, $300 to
Hope's $225, meaning that for Hope, it's sayonara. But it's sayonara with $225.
LEVEL 3: XCELERATOR (blast coaster; top
forward speed: 82 MPH; 225 ft vertical arch)
This is a categories round with these categories
- ZAP-POW (Superheroes & comic books)
- PENALTY BOX (Sports)
- WATCH OUT! (TV/movies)
- KNOW IT ALL (general knowledge)
Jake goes with WATCH OUT!. NOW before he goes on
the ride, Lamorne gives Jake an offer... a cheeseburger. Should he eat it before
going on the ride, he'll win another $100 right now. Jake... eats it! And I
seriously hope it stays down.
Now Jake will only get one question, but it has
multiple answers. The more answers he gets right, the more money he takes home.
The question: Name as many Transformers
characters as possible.
- Bumblebee - $50
- Optimus Prime - $100
- Megatron - $150
... and that's all he can name. So he wins $300
more for a grand total of $600. But that bank can be doubled on one final
question on the Xcelerator. Answer correctly, and the Xcelerator will take off,
meaning he wins $1200 for a grand total of $1300 (can't forget that $100
burger). Answer it incorrectly... and no bonus ride, and the winnings are
Jake.. is playing the bonus! The final
IN THE MOVIE "FINDING NEMO", WHAT WAS NEMO'S
Jake guesses Marlon... And the Xcelerator is GO
for $1200, $1300 total!
Back next with with more sick rides, more
boggling questions, and more cash money. Until then... Thank you for riding the
Brainrush, and enjoy the rest of your day.
For more information on the show, including
never before seen footage, visit
www.cartoonnetwork.com, keyword Brainrush.