A new group of athletes have come from all over the country to
take on the world's most brutal obstacle course. Who has what
it takes to become the first American Ninja Warrior?
Recaps by Chico Alexander, GSNN
Matt Iseman & Akbar
Ushio Higuchi (based upon "SASUKE/Ninja
A. Smith & Co. Productions &
8p ET Mon, NBC
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2014 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
The Qualifier courses have
been run. Our finalists have been chosen. Now it's all
about the second in the chase for six buttons and $1
million. The run to greatness begins again in Venice.
Venice Beach Boardwalk
The 30 finalists will face the Qualifier Course again,
PLUS four obstacles, two of which are making their ANW
- Quintuple Steps
- Mini Silk Slider
- Tilting Table
- Spin Cycle
- Hourglass Drop
- Warped Wall
- Salmon Ladder
- Rumbling Dice - Rotate a 30-pound box, then drop to
another weighing 50 pounds and rotate THAT.
- Clear Climb - Work your way across a 24-foot climbing
wall that is tilted 35 degrees back
- Invisible Ladder - Pump your arms upward like you are
climbing a ladder up 30 feet.
Again, it's win-and-in. Finish the course and you have
guaranteed your ticket to Vegas and Mt. Midoriyama. If
we do not reach 15, then the 15 who have run the
furthest in the fastest time will go to the final
- Rashad Richardson (30; Henderson, NV; motivational
speaker; Hourglass Drop) - FAIL Hourglass Drop (Course
- Ben Melick (33; Los Angeles; personal trainer;
Hourglass Drop) - FAIL Rumbling Dice
Three more tried to earn their tickets. Everest Ling,
Heath Burian, and Arnold Hernandez all failed.
- Jason Tirado (28; Carmichael, CA; nursing student;
Hourglass Drop) - Survived aplastic anemia. FAIL
Hourglass Drop (course out)
- Theo Agu (31; Corona, CA; tech support engineer;
Hourglass Drop) - FAIL Hourglass Drop
- Jackson Meyer (23; Seaside, OR; biology student;
Hourglass Drop) - the Ninja Scout has eaten roadkill
before. FAIL Hourglass Drop
- Almas Meirmanov (30; Las Vegas; circus performer;
completed) - orig. from Kazakhstan, born into the
circus. FAIL Salmon Ladder
Three rookies got their shot - Azeo Torre, Matthew Dodd,
and Nir Halfon - but all of them got wet. Middle of the
- Ryan Robinson (32; Folson, CA; highwire artist;
Hourglass Drop) - says the fear associated with highwire
walking keeps him alive. FAIL Rumbling Dice
Two more athletes - Shane Hernandez and Travis Weinand -
came out confident, left humbled. Now for every win on
this course, someone's gotta take a seat on the bus
- Dustin Rocho (36; Las Vegas; CPR instructor; Hourglass
Drop) - Nowadays, he's training four little ninjas
instead of three. FAIL Rumbling Dice. But with a time of
2:00 and 14 runners to go, he's assured of his place in
the National Final.
- Jessie Graff (31; Calabasas, CA; stuntwoman; Hourglass
Drop) - in the history of ANW, only three women have
made it up the Warped Wall. Jessie's hoping to be #4.
She IS! And she's the first to take on the Clear
Climb... which she FAILS, but she's guaranteed her slot
in Vegas and on the top of the board so far.
Trying to do the same are Michael Skiba, Johnnie Ho, and
Michael Burkett-Crist, but all failed. Burkett-Crist may
have a shot at it. Still no finishers.
- Alan "The Beast" Connealy (35; Concord, CA; gym owner;
completed)) - FAIL Hourglass Drop
- Grant McCartney (27; Honolulu, HI; flight attendant;
completed) - Last year, he lost his mother. FAIL Clear
- David Campbell (38; Scotts Valley, CA; audio/video
engineer; Hourglass Drop) - First to the Invisible
Ladder... where he FAILS. But wow, about 5 feet away.
Another three - Sam Goldstein, Alvaro Campos, and Travis
Brewer - took to the course. Only the first two will
advance to Vegas. Down to the final two.
- Nicholas Coolridge (26; Venice, CA; construction
worker; completed) - He lives in a van, he eats from a
dumpster, he trains like a beast. COMPLETE! (6:06.39) I
didn't think we were going to get a finisher!
Alan Connealy is on the bubble. The one man who can
knock him off...
- Kevin Bull (30; Scotts Valley, CA; stock trader;
completed) - With his :37 time, Alan is eliminated...
but can Kevin finish? Nope. FAIL Invisible Ladder. But
still, it's enough.
1) NICHOLAS COOLRIDGE (6:06.69)
3) Kevin Bull (Invisible Ladder)
2) David Campbell (Invisible Ladder)
4) Alvaro Campos (Clear Climb)
5) Grant McCartney (Clear Climb)
6) Jessie Graff (Clear Climb)
7) Dustin Rocho (Rumbling Dice)
8) Ben Melick (Rumbling Dice)
9) Ryan Robinson (Rumbling Dice)
10) Almas Meirmanov (Salmon Ladder)
11) Jason Tirado (Hourglass Drop)
12) Sam Goldstein (Hourglass Drop)
13) Michael Burkett-Crist (Hourglass Drop)
14) Azeo Torre (Hourglass Drop)
15) Theo Agu (Hourglass Drop)
Next time, we punch another 15 tickets to Vegas in
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety,
go to nbc.com/anw