In Reruns Now:
Funny You Should Ask
25 Words or Less
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2020 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|Meet the AGT Class of 2020
| America's Got Talent
by Chico Alexander, Jason Block & Gordon Pepper
Host: Terry Crews with Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Howie
Mandel & Sofia Vergara
This week, AGT aired its 15th anniversary retrospective. In lieu of a recap of that, here is a list of the 44 acts vying for the $1 million & headlining show in Las Vegas (along with their Instagram handles).
- Alan Silva @alanjonessilva https://youtu.be/B6BG8qvaaMs Aerial Act
- Alex Hooper @hooperhairpuff https://youtu.be/uzqOV2nbyTY Comedian
- Alexis Brownley @puppypalsshow https://youtu.be/YZKd1X6dNR8 Animal Act
- Annie Jones @anniejonesau https://youtu.be/sxxPuBDhHTM Singer
- Archie Williams @ArchieWilliamsOfficial https://youtu.be/ShgOH1u78XA Singer
- BAD Salsa @badsalsagroup https://youtu.be/n7uMoKwPco4 Dance Act
- Bello & Annaliese Nock @bellonock Online Audition/No Link Available Daredevils
- Bello Sisters @BelloSisters https://youtu.be/9Q_dPJ0BZP4 Hand Balancing
- BONAVEGA @Bonavegamusic https://youtu.be/YrE16WX7da8 Singer/Musician
- Bone Breakers @bonebreakersofficial https://youtu.be/1ixvRe5nBRY Variety
- Brandon Leake @brandon_leake_ctm https://youtu.be/tdjIFkM-ohQ Variety
- Brett Loudermilk @Loudermilk https://youtu.be/A0b6hrWdi_A Danger Act
- C.A. Wildcats @CA_Wildcats94 https://youtu.be/Ospfvnn1neE Cheerleaders
- Celina Graves @Celinagravesofficial https://youtu.be/iMwAg9jrUJY Singer
- Cristina Rae @CristinaRaeSing https://youtu.be/dMGy_7iBTeE Singer
- Dance Town Family @dancetownfamily Online Audition/No Link Available Dance Act
- Daneliya Tuleshova @tuleshova_daneliya https://youtu.be/uP_xzn-QaEo Singer
- Divas & Drummers of Compton @divasofcompton https://youtu.be/etLVX2ZB6OA Music Act
- Double Dragon @doubledragontwins https://youtu.be/CW077YsJBQ0 Singer/Dancer
- Feng E @fengeofficial No Link Available Music Act
- FrenchieBabyy @FrenchieBabyy https://youtu.be/ryPhv35ob-4 Bone Breaking
- Jonathan Goodwin @jonathangoodwinofficial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik74SIZmcZA Daredevil
- Kameron Ross @KameronRoss https://youtu.be/HXD8Nqhv4cQ Singer
- Kelvin Dukes @kelvin.sings https://youtu.be/D_3HEuFUzyc Singer
- Kenadi Dodds @KenadiDoddsMusic https://youtu.be/DhmvYWK5KoI Singer
- Lightwave Theatre Company @lightwave.theatre https://youtu.be/qCa_EmnalFY Projection
- Malik Dope @malik.dope https://youtu.be/JwmAmCC2sMQ Music Act
- Max Major @itsmaxmajor https://youtu.be/PAWlVEHcpUk Mentalist
- Michael Yo @MichaelYo https://youtu.be/iCBTk8d5nHE Comedian
- Noah Epps @n0ahsart https://youtu.be/4lmEdjRK1hM Dancer
- Nolan Neal @nolanneal https://youtu.be/6WHNFIqh6V8 Singer
- Pork Chop Revue @porkchoprevue https://youtu.be/NHOfUBJyLrQ Animal Act
- Resound @Officialresound https://youtu.be/xdWt0SST3DY Singers
- Roberta Battaglia @RobertaB.Official https://youtu.be/MHscI4TK55s Singer
- Shaquira McGrath @ShaquirabbySings https://youtu.be/RtKW7wyaJa4 Singer
- Sheldon Riley @SheldonRiley https://youtu.be/pFzrq_C4V0M Singer
- Simon and Maria @SimonyMariaDance https://youtu.be/DFe90A01vdY Kid Salsa Duo
- Spyros Brothers @SpyrosBros https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAev0pLIliw Diablo Duo
- The Shape @whoistheshape Online Audition/No Link Available Dance Crew
- Thomas Day @ThomasDayMusic https://youtu.be/TxUvG740GQM Singer
- Usama Siddiquee @UsamaStandsUp https://youtu.be/TMkiML-uFGU Comedian
- Vincent Marcs @VincentMarcus https://youtu.be/VkHSJBCim1g Impressionist
- Voices of our City Choir @VoicesOfOurCityChoir https://youtu.be/DvSRZNtnMQk Choir
- W.A.F.F.L.E. Crew @WaffleNYC https://youtu.be/JYpJUhXGZq8 Dance Group
The Live Shows begin with Archie Williams, Bello & Annaliese Nock, Divas & Drummers of Compton, Double Dragon, Feng E, FrenchieBabyy, Michael Yo, Pork Chop Revue, Golden Buzzer Roberta Battaglia, Shaquira McGrath, and Simon and Maria NEXT WEEK!
by Chico Alexander
Host: Ted Allen
New York City
chef & food stylist
executive chef, Avvio
It's game day in the Chopped Kitchen! Joinig Scott Conant & Geoffrey Zakarian on the Chopping Block is retired NFL center Nick Mangold of the New York J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.
APPETIZER: First up out of the Yetis are... gameday subs, tri-color peppers, potato tot skewers, and coconut hot sauce.
- Mel: Fried Potato Cake with Tri-Color Pepper Giardinera
- Matt: Gameday Slider with Coconut-Chorizo Hot Sauce & Provolone
- Jackie: Loaded Potato Tot Crisp with Salami-Poblano Filling
- Greg: Italian Grinder Bruschetta with Potato-Bacon Cheese Sauce
ENTREE: Next for our surviving tailgaters are... chicken wings, spinach artichoke dip, tomatillos, and edible beef shooters.
- Mel: Chicken & Beef Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
- Matt: Spinach & Artichoke Pasta with Beef Meatballs
- Jackie: "Grand Slam Pizza"
DESSERT: Time for the 30-minute warning with... a watermelon helmet, game day cookies, a strawberry daiquiri, and spiced cereal mix.
- Mel: Cake with Fried Pineapple & Watermelon Daiquiri Sauce
- Jackie: Fried Taco with Watermelon Gelato & Strawberry Margarita Sauce
And the final score... $10,000 to... JACKIE!
| Chopped Sweets Season Premiere
by Chico Alexander
Host: Scott Conant
executive pastry chef, Vallozzi's
owner/pastry chef, House of Ice Cream
New York City
founder/owner, Squash Marshmallows
owner/baker, Pure Sugar
Today, we're dealing with some savory sweet mashups. On the panel for the premier match of season 2... Zac Young and Maneet Chauhan.
ROUND 1: First challenge is to make something FRIED with... a sloppy Joe donut, candy-coated sunflower seeds, tamarillos, and edamame hummus.
- Ruthann: Sloppy Joe Fritter & Edamame Ice Cream
- Rod: Edamame-Funnel Cake Taco "Funnel-aco"
- Katherine: Tamarillo-Raspberry Cheesecake Spring Roll with Chocolate Soil
- Mike: Edamame-Hummus Empanada with Candied Tamarillo
ROUND 2: Next up, something fruity with ... turducken, confetti cookie dough, blood oranges, and kalimotxo.
- Rod: Pineapple-Blood Orange Sorbet with Turducken Cookie Dirt
- Katherine: Vanilla & Blood Orange Cake with Cookie Dough Buttercream
- Mike: Kalimotxo Profiterole with Cookie Dough Fries
ROUND 3: For the $10,000, we need something ?? with ... brownie tacos, cotton candy art, plums, and pickle potato chips.
- Katherine: Pickle-Brownie Cookie Baked Alaska
- Mike: Brownie Taco Ice Cream Cupcake
And the first $10,000 of season 2 goes to.. Katherine!
|Hot Ones The Game Show
by Chico Alexander
Host: Sean Evans with Chef Willie Wallace
|Emergency Spicy Grandmas
Kelly & Belinda
|The Flaming Tail Feathers
Zac & Moose
BRAIN BURNER (at 112,000 SHU and a 7/10 on the Hot Ones Heat Index): Today, it's "Get organized". These questions are about organizations. The Flaming Tail Feathers sweep for $600.
EYE OF THE SCORPION (at 676,000 SHU and a 9/10 on the Hot Ones Heat Index): We're playing "You Know You You Look Like...?". Identify the famous sibling of the not-so-famous faces shown. Flaming Tail Feathers continue to sweep, $1800 to zip.
THE CONSTRICTOR (1.4 million SHU and a 10/10 on the Hot Ones Heat Index) is a blistering climb up MT. SCOVILLE. Answer the questions right, you bank the cash... and you get another bite of the Constrictor.
- $1000: I started off in California in 2006... The franchised expanded to another location 2 years later... One of its locations in Atlanta had some Leakes, Nene Leakes... Is it "Chipotle?" Nope. Beverly Hills & New Jersey are other hot spots for this reality show. The Grandmas... nothing. It was the "Real Housewives".
- $2000: You shouldn't do this in a relationship... You shouldn't do this in school... You shouldn't do this on a diet. The Flaming Tail Feathers chime in with "cheat" for $2000 and game. Let's just get this over with...
- $3000: I am a term used for bowling...I'm also a country whose flag depicts a crescent moon & a star.... Kids can draw me by tracing their hand. That's "turkey" for the win, $6800-ZERO!
THE RING OF FIRE: Zac will be shown a list of answers that he must communicate to Moose. They can pass if they want, but they'll have to come back to those words eventually. Land 5 in 60 seconds, and you win $25,000... AND "The Antidote", a plate of milkshakes. But if they fail... no milkshakes. "Milkshakes are for winners ONLY!" AND TO MAKE IT INTERESTING, they'll take on a shot one final sauce made of the previous 3 sauces AND... "The hottest $#*! you will ever have in your life", measuring 2 million SHU and an 11/10 on the Hot Ones Heat Index... a drop of "The Last Dab XXX". - They get slurpee, treadmill, flash, Destiny's Child, and baby shower for the $25,000 AND the Antidote! Tastes so good!
| Jeopardy!: The Vault
by Chico Alexander
Syn/YesTV: 7:30p/6:30c; also check listings
Host: Alex Trebek
|WILD CARD WATCH
- Claudia Perry: $17,400
- Rachael Schwartz: $12,401
- Frank Spangenberg: $6799
|Yesterday, Bob Harris secured season 1 in the 2002 Million Dollar Masters tournament semi. Now we return to 2002 New York City for the next one...
Jersey City, NJ
sports copy editor
JEOPARDY! ROUND: Art & Artists, My Favorite Films, Big City Life, Discovery Channel, World War I Vets, I'm in "Seventh" Heaven
Claudia drew the first position, so she goes with $200 Art & Artists. Kate finds the Daily Double under $600 My Favorite Films. She blows the whole nut on this: when you rent this 1970 biopic, watch for Tim Considineas the soldier who gets slapped. "I was watching it the other night. What is 'Patton'?" FOR THE DOUBLER, $2400! She ends up with $3800. With Claudia on $4400 to $5800 for Brad, Kate gets the board to start...
DOUBLE JEOPARDY!: The New York Times Magazine, Literary Movements, Middle Age Folks; Oh, No, It's Opera!; Monsters, Inc.; Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
... with $1200 Literary Movements. Brad finds the first Daily Double under $1200 Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid. He wagers the level on this: she could hae called her 1973 bestseller "Aviophobia". "Who is Erica Jong?" RIGHT for $13,000! Claudia finds the other under $800 Middle Age Folks. She goes for $2000 on this: his brothers Thorvald & Thorstein & half-sister Freydis also traveled to Vinland. "Who is Leif Ericsson?" RIGHT for $13,200! She ends up with $12,400 to $17,800 for Brad. Kate can spoil or perhaps go for wild card with $4200.
FINAL JEOPARDY! in "2001 News": in 2001 the zinc industry was up in arms over Rep. Jim Kolbe's bill calling for the phasing out of these. Correct response: what are pennies?
Claudia is right... but so is Brad to win with $24,801. "See you in the semis!" Hey, spoilers, Brad!
| Sugar Rush: Extra Sweet
by Chico Alexander
Netflix: season 3 available
Host: Hunter March with Candace Nelson & Adriano Zumbo
|| We're keeping it in the family for this MAGIC-themed edition of Sugar Rush. Our guest judge is the host of "Magic for Humans" on Netflix, comedian & magician Justin Willman.
|Tony & Vincent
|Tom & Caty
|Seema & Deb
|Ingrid & Ryan
CUPCAKES (3 hours): Optical illusions. EXTRA SWEET CHALLENGE: they need to look like a real version of something you'd find in the Extra Sweet box.
- Tony & Vincent: Lemon Pistachio Madeleine Cupcakes with Pistacio Paste & Raspberry Jam. EXTRA SWEET: Rose (DONE: 1:46:51)
- Tom & Caty: Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Mousse, Pean Soil & White Chocolate Carrot. EXTRA SWEET: Terra cotta pot (DONE: 2:07:39)
- Seema & Deb: Vanilla Chai Spice Cupcake with Cherry Compote Filling & Cream Cheese Buttercream. EXTRA SWEET: Baseball (DONE: 1:41:10)
- Ingrid & Ryan: Coconut Cupcakes with Guava Filling & Coconut Cream Cheese Swiss Meringue Buttercream. EXTRA SWEET: Candle (DONE: 1:35:37)
WINNER: Tony & Vincent ($1500)
ELIMINATED: Ingrid & Ryan.
CONFECTIONS (remaining time): Create an interactive confection. EXTRA SWEET CHALLENGE: Use magic ingredients from the Extra Sweet Box.
- Tony & Vincent: Blown Sugar "Egg" with Coconut Lime Mousse, Mango Passion Fruit Sorbet & Coconut Chocolate Nest. EXTRA SWEET: Magic Shell Egg with Chocolate Wand (DONE: :14:07)
- Seema & Deb: Chocolate Flower with Honey Pistachio Cheesecake & Indian Ghevar. EXTRA SWEET: Rosewater (DONE: :00:05)
- Tom & Caty: Isomalt Crystal Ball with Fudge Brownie, Coffee-Infused Ice Cream & Cinnamon Chip Smoke. EXTRA SWEET: Coffee Beans (DONE: :23:39)
WINNER: Tom & Caty ($1500)
ELIMINATED: Seema & Deb
CAKES: Create a magic themed cake. EXTRA SWEET CHALLENGE: Part of the cake must levitate via a magnet.
- Tom & Caty (3:23:39): Magician Suitcase Dark Chocolate Spice Cake with Dark Chocolate Buttercream, Strawberry Comporte, and Vanilla American Buttercream. EXTRA SWEET: Floating Magicians' Hat
- Tony & Vincent (3:14:07): Steamer Trunk/Box of Swords Devil's Food Cake in Raspberry Syrup with White Chocolate Mousseline with Raspberries & Dark Chocolate Crisp Pearls. EXTRA SWEET: Floating book
And the magical recipient of $11,500... by a vote of 2-1... TOM & CATY! That gives them a total of $11,500!
Season 3 is available in its entirety on Netflix. Another recap follows tomorrow.
|Wheel of Fortune
by Jason Block
Host: Pat Sajak & Vanna White
Total for Today - $44,198
Total for Week 32 - $126,359
Total for the Season: $8,309,539
Bonus Win Percentage: 56/157
Bonus Round Losses Cash: $2,861,000
Bonus Round Losses Cars: 2 Chevy Blazers, 3 Mazda CX-5s, 2 GMC Terrain SUVs, 1 Toyota RAV4, 1 Ford Edge, 3 Buick Encores, 2 VW Beetle Convertibles, 2 Ford Escape SUVs, 3 Mini Coopers. 2 Cadillac XT4s, 2 Mercedes SUV, 1 Jeep Compass SUV
Toss Up Sweeps/Group Misses: 5/3
Mystery Round Prizes hit/won/lost: 34/10/25
Car Wins: 19
$100,000 Losses/Wins: 3/0
$1,000,000 Wedge Hit/Offered/Used/Lost: 40/157/12/25
Wild Cards Hit/Offered/Used/Lost: 81/157/22/42
Express Wedge Hit/Used/Crashes: 39/33/14
Bonus Prize Wedges hit/won/lost: 76/37/24
$2,500 Space Hit - 45
$3,500 Space Hit - 97
$5,000 Space Hit - 8
Bankrupt Space Hit - 427
Lose A Turn Hit - 108
A -30 E- 32 I - 35 O- 26 U -5
Missed solves - 11
Repeated a letter/vowel - 23
Perfect Rounds: 77
House Minimums - 36
Gift Tags hit/won/lost: 85/42/38
Free Play Hit: 124
$6,000 FINAL SPINS: 6/157
Best Week: America's Game(week 29) - $366,157
Best Player(s) - Dave Andrade - $113,055
Bankrupt Losses: $849,698 + 6 Trips of Unknown Value
Left on the Table: $2,045,422 + 15 Prizes of Unknown Value
Red Podium Win - 48
Yellow Podium Win - 59
Blue Podium Win - 48
Worst Week: Bed and Breakfast - $207,937
$8M Passed - 04/27/2020 - 151 Shows - (19 + 19 + 18 + 20 + 21 + 21 + 18 + 15)
A : 10
M : 11
E : 9
I : 7
E : 9
& : 3
I : 8
* - 5
** - 6
*** - 5
BONUS CATEGORIES SELECTED:(offered/picked/win/lose)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? -32/24/6/18
SHOW BIZ -2/1/0/1
LIVING THING(s) - 45/13/4/9
IN THE KITCHEN -
FOOD & DRINK -24/12/4/8
FUN & GAMES -13/7/2/5
ON THE MAP -1/1/1/0
AROUND THE HOUSE -9/3/1/2
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? 12/6/4/2
OCCUPATION(s) - 1/1/0/1
One of the 2 Make Good weeks of Season 37 is here - it's Day 2 of UK Getaway Week!
The $1,000 Tossup is PLACES. Sarah Gillespie from Highland, NY solves ROYAL PALACES. She works for a credit union. She is married with 2 sons. Jeremy Glenn from West Hollywood, CA is a copier salesman. Jeff Baker from Hollister, CA is a Navy Vet who was a Military Policeman. He is in hospitality in a resort in Carmel, CA!
The $2,000 Tossup is WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? Sarah has $3,000 with RAINCOAT AND RAIN BOOTS. We start the next round, but we add this Collette Vacation to the wheel! It's a tour of Scotland worth $9,898! Sarah starts PHRASE. She misses a vowel - A. Jeremy picks up the $500 Pajamagram GC with $500 in cash with a $500 T. He solves THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS for a total of $4,050 in cash and GC. We move on to...
The Consumer Cellular mystery round which is started by Jeremy as well. It's BEFORE & AFTER. He Bankrupts. Jeff passes on a $4,700 Mystery round Risk(which was a good idea it was revealed to be $10,000). He would have been really mad because he would have lost that on his next spin. He loses $4,450 on Bankrupt. Sarah hits a Free Play A then Bankrupts. Jeremy misses on the $3,500 wedge. Jeff Bankrupts. Sarah risks $3,100 and nails the $10,000 mystery round prize with one letter left to fill in the puzzle. She solves TRAFFIC COURT JESTER for a total of $12,100 in cash! She has $15,100! And since she won the mystery round prize of $10,000 - someone at home does the same- it is the person with the SPIN ID number of TK2779808! We move on to...
The Prize Puzzle/Express Wedge Round which is started by Jeff. It's THING. He misses on the WC! Sarah hits 3 $1,000 Express Wedge N's and hops on. We start with 3 E's, 2 $1,000 S's, and Sarah makes a fatal mistake by called the T which was already called and missed. That means she loses $4,750 on the Express Wedge Bankrupt. Jeremy solves AWE-INSPIRING SCENERY for $2,250 and a Collette Tour of Austria, Bavaria and Switzerland worth $10,198! Jeremy has the lead now with $16,498 in cash and prizes!
The Triple Tossup category is IN THE KITCHEN. Jeremy has $2,000 with FOOD PROCESSOR. Jeff has $2,000 with COFFEE GRINDER. Jeremy starts the next round with his $2,000 quick solve of ICE CREAM MAKER. He has $20,498 in cash and prizes including his GC and tour of Austria, Bavaria and Switzerland! Sarah has $15,100 in cash. Jeff has $2,000 in cash! Jeremy starts WHAT ARE YOU DOING? and we go into a $1,650 a letter FINAL SPIN. Jeff is IMPRESSING MY FRIENDS for $6,600. He leaves with $8,600 in cash! Sarah leaves with $15,100 in cash! Jeremy hangs on with $20,498 in cash and prizes!
The pre-bonus round total is $44,198! Jeremy picks FOOD & DRINK over THING and WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? Jeremy lands on the E in AMERICA'S wedge. With the RSTLNE and his choices of D M H I we have:
_ _ _ E T I _ I N _
D I S H
He had the dish but it wasn't APPETIZING. He loses $37,000 but leaves with $20,498 in cash and prizes!
Oh, if you want to win $1,000 and $1,000 for a local food bank during this pandemic - take APPETIZING DISH to wheeloffortune.com and enter to win!
|World of Dance
by Jason Block
Host: Scott Evans with Derek Hough, Jennifer Lopez & Ne-Yo
The Duels are over - it's time for the Semi-Finals on the Main Stage.
We are down to 12 semi finalists - 6 will compete and 2 will move on to the FINALS. All three judges will score each act. The scores will be added together and divided by three for an average score. The top 2 scorers move on to the finals. They are graded in 5 categories on a 20 point scale including PERFORMANCE, TECHNIQUE, CHOREOGRAPHY, CREATIVITY and PRESENTATION.
They are - THE YOUNG CAST, SAVANNAH MENZEL, JEFFERSON AND ADRIANITA, GRVMNT, CURTIS SPRUNG and GEOMETRIE VARIABLE.
THE YOUNG CAST are first. Ne-Yo grades them 89, J-Lo 90 and Derek 93 - for an average of 90.7.
SAVANNAH MENZEL gets and 89 from Ne-Yo and a 91 from both J-Lo and Derek. That averages to 90.3.
JEFFERSON AND ADRIANITA get 92 from Ne-Yo, a 95 from J-Lo and a 96 from Derek. That averages to a 94.3 which means Savannah Menzel is OUT.
Next is GRVMNT who get 89 from Ne-Yo and J-Lo and a 91 from Derek which puts them at 89.7. Not good enough.
KURTIS SPRUNG gets 89 from Ne-Yo, 92 from J-Lo and Derek gives him a 90. That averages to a 90.3. Close but he is out. We have one more act left.
At this point, JEFFERSON AND ADRIANITA are locked in for the finals.
Finally GEOMETRIE VARIABLE gets 95 from Ne-Yo, 94 from J-Lo and 93 from Derek which averages out to a 94.0.
That means GEOMETRIE VARIABLE and JEFFERSON and ADRIANITA move on to the World Finals in 8 days.
Next week, the other 6 semi-finalists perform for a shot at the $1 Million World Final!