In Reruns Now:
Beat the Clock
Funny You Should Ask
Let's Make a Deal
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2018 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|Hard to Handle
| America's Got Talent
by Chico Alexander, Jason Block & Gordon Pepper
Host: Tyra Banks with Mel B, Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum & Howie
|So far, two acts have been given the Golden Buzzer - Zurcaroh on week 1 and Michael Ketterer on week 2. Do they have a chance to win? We'll see. For now, auditions continue...
Sophie Fatu (5, West Virginia) is a baker of "sweets and treats, but not food or breakfast". She bakes her way to a rousing rendition of Frank Sinatra's "My Way". She wanted a Golden Buzzer from Simon, who called her "Happiness in a bottle", but will she settle for four yeses instead?
Remember David & Dania from season 1, the Quick Change artists? Well, get ready for their spiritual successors, Sixto & Lucia (Cuba), who take that act to the next level. Simon calls it one of the best versions he's ever seen. Mel thought it was slick and entertaining. All the judges give them a pass.
YouTuber Noah Guthrie parlayed his videos into a role on "Glee". Now he's striking out on his own with "Love on the Brain". The judges have praise on the brain. Howie said he was unique, Heidi calls his voice very sexy, and the judges give him the sweep.
Next, a caterpillar named Sethward (orig. Texas) tries to turn into a butterfly... and the judges all shove him back into his cocoon after he flashes everyone.
The Future Kingz (Chicago, dance troupe) are back together after a four-year hiatus, giving their hip-hop routine on stage. The judges say it was very current and ver now. Another sweep.
Front Pictures (VR artists) specialize in showing the dangers of technology taking over the world. Imagine a 90-second version of "Black Mirror" with wires and the backscreen as a live-action video game, and that's pretty much their act. The judges hit the continue button.
After 15 years, it's no surprise that Simon is still a little bit on the vain side. Enter Miss Trysh (57), a singer who lusts for the erstwhile sourpuss with "If I Were Your Woman". Of course he calls her the total package... and perhaps out of the fear of being fired, the panel puts her through. Here to congratulate her... her husband?!
Lord Nil, an escapist, promises that we've never seen his act before. He ziptied his hands to a prop, locked his head inside of a box, and gave himself 90 seconds to escape before 30 venomous scorpions lowered into the box with his head in it. He's out with one second to spare, and the judges are scared and awestruck at the same time. Simon wants to see alligators next. We'll see, because he's through.
Comedy tonight... and also tedium.
Hans proclaims that he's a star already, proving himself with a comedic performance on the accordion of "Proud Mary". We... don't know what to make of all of this, but the judges see enough to send him through.
A couple of interesting stories to end the show - Samuel J. Comroe, diagnosed with Tourettes, delivers a stand-up routine to turn his negative into a positive. Howie liked his delivery and the way he makes light of his serious situation. It's an easy yes.
Finally, we have Courtney Hadwin (13) a choir singer who breaks out into the Black Crowes' "Hard to Handle".. if it were done by Janis Joplin. Howie said that Clive Davis signed Janis on the spot. But he isn't here, so the best he can do is give him his.. GOLDEN BUZZER!
More auditions next week.
| Beat Shazam
by Chico Alexander
Host: Jamie Foxx with Corinne Marie Fox
|Tim & Bryan
|Tom & Marie
East Rockaway, NJ
|Jocelyn & Michael
siblings & best friends
- 2010s: "Chandelier", Sia (Tim/Bryan)
- SOUTHERN ROCK: "Sweet Home Alabama", Lynyrd Skynyrd (Jocelyn/Michael)
- RAP: "Big Poppa", Notorious BIG (Tom/Marie)
- NEW WAVE: "Whip It", Devo (Tim/Bryan)
- LOVE SONGS: "Your Song", Elton John (Tim/Bryan)
- ONE-HIT WONDERS: "Who Let the Dogs Out", Baha Men (Jocelyn/Michael)
- FAST TRACK for $4000 - TV THEMES: "Who Are You", The Who (from "CSI") (NOBODY!)
Tim & Bryan are in the lead with $6000 to $4000 for Jocelyn & Michael and $2000 for Tom & Marie.
Today's Categories Round choices are Summer Songs or Hip-Hop. By a unanimous decision... SUMMER SONGS is the topic.
- "Summer in the City", The Lovin' Spoonful (Tim/Bryan)
- "Vacation", The Go-Gos (Tim/Bryan)
- "School's Out", Alice Cooper (Jocelyn/Michael)
- "Surfin' USA", The Beach Boys (TIE - Tim/Bryan, Tom/Marie)
- FAST TRACK for $6000: "Summer Love", Justin Timberlake (Tim/Bryan)
With the last song, Tim & Bryan are out to a commanding lead with $21,000 to $7000 for Jocelyn & Michael. But with $5000, Tom & Marie are going back to East Rockaway empty handed.
SINGLE PLAY: Michael and Bryan are called out... and so is the master of POWER BALLADS, Michael Bolton!
- "Can't Fight This Feeling", REO Speedwagon (NOBODY!)
- "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad", Meat Loaf (Bryan)
- "With Arms Wide Open", Creed (NOBODY!)
- "Heaven", Warrant (Michael)
- FAST TRACK for $10,000: "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You", Michael Bolton (Michael)
Jocelyn & Michael narrow the gap, $22,000 to $26,000 for Tim & Bryan.
ROUND 4: '60S
- "Gimme Some Lovin'", The Spencer Davis Group (Tim/Bryan)
- "Where Did Our Love Go", The Supremes (NOBODY!)
- "Oh, Pretty Woman", Roy Orbison (Tim/Bryan)
- "Time of the Season", The Zombies (NOBODY... but a lock for Tim & Bryan)
- FAST TRACK for $20,000: "Sherry", The Four Seasons (Tim/Bryan)
... Well, at least you tried, Jocelyn & Michael. They leave with half of their bank, or $11,000. Tim & Bryan, on the other hand, have $66,000 to take to the final round!
BEAT SHAZAM: Shazam pays $25,000 a song, with the sixth & final song being worth $1 million or double the bank depending on how the first five play out.
1) '90s: "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone", Paula Cole (X) - And there goes the million.
2) BREAKUP SONGS: "Out of Touch", Hall & Oates (X)
3) POP: "Promiscuous", Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland (Tim/Bryan)
4) CLASSICK ROCK: "The Weight", The Band (X)
5) MAROON 5: "Misery" (X)
Tough round, but they end up with $91,000. They can walk with the cash or risk half for double on this category... MOTOWN. They decide... to walk with the $91,000. Had they gone for it...
6) MOTOWN: "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell ... They would've dropped back to $45,500.
by Chico Alexander
Host: Ted Allen
chef de cuisine, The Scott Resort & Spa
New York City
executive chef, Docks Oyster Bar
executive chef/owner, Eatt
chef/owner, Crepe Bar
Today features an added challenge, in that everything you plate today will have to be in bowls. Joining Geoffrey Zakarian and Marc Murphy on the panel, the new kid on the block, Martha Stewart.
APPETIZER: You have 30 minutes to make some sence out of... tuna loin, finger radishes, soy cooked eggs, and seven-layer dip.
- Chris: Black Rice Noodle Bowl with Seared Tuna & Seven-Layer Dip Espuma
- Carinna: Brown Rice Bowl with Seared Tuna & Soy Egg Dressing
- Yuri: Reconstructed Soba Sesame Tuna & Pickled Radishes
- Jeff: Nicoise Salad with Soy-Marinated Tuna
ENTREE: Your next bowl has to have... canned cheese ravioli, broccoli rabe, lime pickle, and pork secreto.
- Chris: Chimichurri-Rubbed Pork Secreto with Cheese Ravioli Coulis
- Carinna: Coconut Green Curry & Grilled Pork Secreto
- Yuri: Sauteed Pork Ravioli with Broccoli Rabe
DESSERT: Don't get bowled over in this round by... halo-halo, vincotto, blondies, and a candy-glazed kettle corn.
- Carinna: Apple Fan Crumble with Ube Ice Cream
- Yuri: Glazed Strawberry with Halo-Halo Whipped Cream
And who gets the big bowl full of $10,000? Congratulations... YURI!
by Chico Alexander
Syn/YesTV: 7:30p/6:30c; also check listings
Host: Alex Trebek with Jimmy McGuire, Kelly Miyahara & Sarah
||Leslie squeaked by yesterday. Can she do better than $599 today?
Santa Clara, CA
real estate agent
JEOPARDY! ROUND: Title People: How Novel!, I Need a Drink, Medical Words & Phrases, The Kiss Cam, HQ Trivia, The "IRS"
Catherine starts with $400 I Need a Drink. At the TV timeout, Rebecca has $4000 thanks to some SAVAGERY at Qs 7-11. Catherine & Jason are tied at $1400.
The last clue on the board, $1000 The Kiss Cam, goes to Catherine. She's going for it on this: after kissing Debbie Reynolds goodnight, Gene Kelly is elated & begins doing this, the film's title. "What is 'Singin' in the Rain'?" FOR THE DOUBLER, $8400 to $8800 for Rebecca. Jason's $2000 gives him the pick to start...
DOUBLE JEOPARDY!: Classical Favorites, The Four Seasons, 1812 Overtures, The Blue Danube, Fanfare for the Common Man, New World Symphony
... with $400 Classical Favorites, finding the first Daily Double under $1600 1812 Overtures. He bets $2000 on this: in 1807 Congress passed this Act forbidding exports to Britain. "What is the War Act?" No, it was the Embargo Act, leaving him with $1200. He can recover with the other under $1200 The Four Seasons. He goes for $1000 on this: it's the 7-word first line of "Richard III". "What is winter?" That... is only one word. It was "Now is the winter of our discontent", leaving him wtih $3400. He recovers to $7000, but Rebecca and Catherine are way ahead wtih $11,600 and $18,800 respectively.
FINAL JEOPARDY! in "Children's Lit": in 2017 the Maine farm & barn that inspired this classic 1952 novel were put up for sale. Correct response: what is "Charlotte's Web"?
Everyone's right, but Charlotte has the most to win $23,201, giving her a two-day total of $46,401.
| Love Connection
by Chico Alexander
Host: Andy Cohen
||The swiping stops and the dating begins with ARMOND (31; Alexandria, VA; gym manager), whose mother wants a nice girl for him. He's very charismatic with a busy life, but he's crazy. His three (along with their first
impression scores,hers on him/his
- Lauren: 25, Washington, DC, sales who is Jewish and fluent in Hebrew (10/4)
- Amanda: 26, Baltimore, NFL cheerleader who says people don't approach her because they think she's already taken (10/7)
- Erica: 27, Arlington, VA; marketing executive who wants a date to dress for every occasion (10/8)
Armond picks... AMANDA! Did the audience make that move as well? The audience picked... Lauren. No collection, but a love connection nonetheless!
Next up, GRACE (26, Dallas, claims associate), who can be classy AND country as the same time, having learned how to ride ATVs, shoot guns, and teach English in the south of Spain. She calls herself a "cultured redneck", and is looking for likewise. Her three (along with their first
impression scores, his on her/hers
- Weston: 24; Dallas, construction worker who built his own house when he was 20. (8/5)
- Gabriel: 36; Denton, TX; entrepreneur who spent a lot of time traveling central America, and would like to find a lady to hit the trails with. (9/9)
- Juan: 34; Dallas; marketing specialist who is originally from Colombia. He blames traveling for being single. (7/7)
Grace picks... GABRIEL! And with him, a yellow rose of Texas. But did the audience pick him? Nope. They went with Weston.
After the show...
- Armond & Amanda: Armond says mom will approve. Back in DC, they're keeping things casual, but Armond isn't inviting Amanda for Bible study any time soon.
- Grace & Gabriel: After a round of antiquing, both are excited to see where things end up going. In fact, back in Dallas, Gabriel moved to be closer. Could be the beginning of something real.
| The Price Is Right
by Chico Alexander
Host: Drew Carey with Daniel Goddard, Rachel Reynoldsr & George Gray
|Record today: 1-4-1
Record for week 39: 2-8-2
Record this season: 461-515-56
Total today*: $62,356
Total this week*: $114,166
Total this season*: $13,225,882
Perfect bids: 16/1032
Perfect Shows/Skunks: 4/1
$11K/$26K SCSD Spins: 6/3
Best week: Week 4 ($578,924)
$13M passed: 6/7/18
*totals are based on the MSRP of the prizes on the tape day and rounded
to the nearest dollar.
Magic number today? 14. That's how many shows we have until the Priceless Summer.
First up, Allison O'Keefe, Crystal McCoy, Jackie Huffman, and Amy Hals play for a set of Salvatore Ferragamo watches. The $1985 watches go to Amy, who can take them away in a Nissan Sentra in Lucky Seven. She has $3. The board has $19,8__. She goes with 4... but it's 7, and that's game over. The price was $19,872.
Crystal wins a $1099 tablet with stylus. She can add a barbecue island, a rope hammock, and a pair of patio heaters if she knows whether she's Coming ($7305) or Going ($5037). She goes... in the wrong direction.
Leola Harkless wins a $1615 turntable with receiver & headphones. She can by up all the vinyl she wants with $20,000 if she wins the Hot Seat.
- mini fan - LOWER than $60
- rice cooker - HIGHER than $25
- wine opener - LOWER than $50
- pain relief - LOWER than $49
- jewelry cleaner - HIGHER than $35
Rice cooker is... $40. Fan... $23! Pain relief... $33! Cleaner... $80. And she stops at $10,000. The wine opener was $100.
Amy wins the first pop at the Wheel. Meanwhile, Allison can parlay a $2299 iMac into an Amazon Echo Show with smart home apckage, and a trip to Tokyo (6n @ Park Hotel Tokyo) at the Vend-O-Price.
- 7 Bush's baked beans
- 5 Sun-Maid raisin breads
- 3 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios
She goes with the middle. Beans are $2.49; $17.43 total. Cereal is $4.99; $14.97 total. Bread is $4.49; $22.45 total for the win!
Clarence Dukes wins a $1316 set of sunglasses and a shot at a 4KTV, an electric bike, a 130-game arcade machine, and a set of Adore handbags in Take Two. The target: $4375. He takes the TV and the bike. The TV is... $2300. The boke... $1300. Total: $3600. He trades in the bike for the video game... $3075 is too much. It was the video game and the bike.
One last bid for Jackie comes with an espresso package. The price: $1500. The winner... with the $500 bonus money, it's Melissa Jost. She'll play for a HondaHR-V in Money Game.
24 46 22
84 65 71
23 90 59
Miiddle number: 3. 22... FRONT! 59... money. 90... money. 65... money. Last pick is 84, and she wins... $298. The car was $22,371.
Allison meets Amy in the Showcase Round. First up, a trip to Santa Barbara (3n via limo @ Hotel Indigo), a hot tub, and a Bayline Bowrider. Top winner Allison passes, and Amy bids $27,000. Allison gets a trip to Australia (6n @ OakwoodHotel & Apartments) and a Ford Fiesta SE. She bids $31,082. Actual price: $24,888. Actual price of Amy's Showcase... $31,659 to win $33,644!
And then there were 13.
|World of Dance
by Chico Alexander
Host: Jenna Dewan with Derek Hough, Jennifer Lopez & Ne-Yo
Another six added to the Duels last week, bringing the roster to 12. The Qualifiers continue...
As a reminder, acts are divided into Upper (individuals/groups less than 4, aged 18 & over), Team (groups more than 4, aged 18 & over), Juniors (individuals/groups less than 4, aged under 18), and Junior Team (groups more than 4, aged under 18). Scores are on a 100 point range with 20 each based on Performance, Technique, Choreography, Creativity, and Presentation.
LINEUP (along with scores from Ne-Yo/Jennifer/Derek)
- UPPER TEAM: The Ruggeds (Eindhoven, NED, B-Boying) have worked with Justin Bieber & Rita Ora in the past. Performing to "Right Here Right Now" by Fatboy Slim (82/83/85) - 83.3 - IN.... BARELY
- JUNIOR: Josh & Taylor (Edmonton, hip-hop), partners for five years. Performing to "Bellyache" (Marian Hill Remix) by Billie Eilish (94/94/92) - 93.3 - IN
- UPPER TEAM: Lock N LOL Crew (Seoul, SK, pop-n-lock): (80/79/84) - 81 - IN... but only just.
- UPPER: Michael Dameski (Sydney, AUS; contemporary), who won Australia's version of "So You Think You Can Dance" AND had the lead in "Billy Elliot". Performing to "Mercy" by Shawn Mendes (90/95/93) - 92.7 - IN
- UPPER TEAM: LD Dance Company (Houston, samba): Performing to "Danza Kuduro" by Don Omar (79/73/71) - 74.3 - OUT
- JUNIOR TEAM: Rascals (Waipahu, HI; hip-hop): they can only afford to go to one ddance competition each year. Performing to "Let's Go" by Travis Barker (83/83/88) - 84.7 - IN
- UPPER: Elektro Botz (Tempe, AZ, popping): Performing to "Fireflies" by Owl City (93/88/86) - 89 - IN
More Qualifiers NEXT TIME..