In Reruns Now:
Funny You Should Ask
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2021 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|The Final Acts
| America's Got Talent
by Chico Alexander, Jason Block & Gordon Pepper
Peacock: streaming Wednesdays
Host: Terry Crews with Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Howie
Mandel & Sofia Vergara
I thought LAST WEEK was the final auditions - THIS WEEK is it! And it
starts with Bini the Bunny. https://twitter.com/BiniTheBunny -
Performing Rabbit - Not really but moves on 3-1.
Next is Savannah Robertson - singer - https://www.instagram.com/savannahrayne00/ - MOVES ON
Zac Taylor - singer - MOVES ON
Gabriella Laberge - violinist/singer -- Eliminated on the Voice France 2016 - Quarterfinals - MOVES ON
Medhat Mamdouh - plays the recorder - AND BEATBOXES! https://twitter.com/medhatbeats - MOVES ON
Sergio Paolo - juggler - https://twitter.com/sergiopaolo_p - MOVES ON
Erik and Shelly - dancers - https://www.erikandshelly.com/ - NOPE
Pasha and Aliona - comedy dance gymnastic act - MOVES ON. WOW.
Charming Bears - https://www.instagram.com/charmingbears/ - Dancing Bears - MOVES ON
Jonas Mcenfro - https://www.instagram.com/zupunkcirque/ - Nom de Plume of Jonas Woolverton - Actor and former Cirque du Soleil Perfomer - MOVES ON.
Anna McNulty - https://www.instagram.com/annaemcnulty/ - Social Media Contortonist - MOVES ON
The Science Wizard - https://www.facebook.com/thesciencewizard/ - MOVES ON
Lewberger - Finalists on Bring the Funny - Terry Crews helps - https://www.instagram.com/lewberger/ - MOVES ON
Dylan Zangwill - https://www.instagram.com/thedylanzangwill/ - MOVES ON
Rialcris - hand balancing gymnastic act - https://www.instagram.com/rialcris_/ MOVES ON
Mike Goodwin - comedian - -https://www.instagram.com/bowtiecomedy/ - MOVES ON
Anica - 51 yr old realtor singer - https://twitter.com/anica_aneeka - MOVES ON 3-1
Mary Bowers - Competitive Eater - https://www.instagram.com/eatbemary/ - NOPE - Eats her way out of a wedding cake.
Pizza Man Nick Diesslin - Pizza Tosser - https://twitter.com/pizzamannick - MOVES ON
KIDJAY - https://www.instagram.com/officialkidjay/ - Rapper from Detroit - 21 years old - MOVES ON
Dflex - https://www.instagram.com/officialdflex/ - Top 10 on Nigeria's Got Talent - Contortionist - MOVES ON
And with that - the auditions are DONE!
The judges head to Simon's house for Deliberations. We get to see a review of the season -
AND THE TOP 36 WILL BE AT THE DOLBY THEATER STARTING....AUGUST 10TH.
"America's Got Talent" will return after the Olympics.
| America Says
by Chico Alexander
Host: John Michael Higgins
|The Kazoo Band
Cindy, Mike, Jennie, Jason
Desiree, Janee, Joy, JJ
- The Kazoo Band: If I didn't have two left feet, I'd want to be a backup dancer for (B, BS, JJ, JL, S, TS, U). They get Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Usher, Shakira, Janet Jackson, and Britney Spears. The Mileys miss Taylor Swift.
- The Mileys: (AP, CEC, D, P, P, S, Z)is a place with a lot of kids. They get school, playground, zoo, and park. The Kazoo Band gets Chuck E. Cheese, but not amusement park or daycare to lead, 700-400.
- The Kazoo Band: Besides my phone number, I've also memorized my (A, BA, CC, DL, H, P, SS) number. They remember driver's license, address, Social Security, credit card, and bank account. The Mileys miss husband's and PIN.
- The Mileys: If Madison Square Garden were a real garden, there would be (D, D, G, R, S, T, T) on the basketball court. They get roses, trees, grass, and sunflowers. The Kazoo Band gets daisies, but miss tomatoes and dirt to lead, 1900-1200.
- The Kazoo Band: The house really looked spiffy once we installed the new (F, FD, L, P, S, T, W). They install windows, floors, pool, TV, and front door for 1500, 3400 total. The Mileys miss lights and shower to stay at 1200.
- The Mileys (need a sweep): Worst flight every! The person sitting next to me is eating (B, BS, C, F, G, HBE, O)! They get chips, onions, fish, garlic, and that's it. Kazoo Band wins, 3400-2400! The others: hard boiled eggs, Brussels sprouts, and beans.
BONUS ROUND for the Kazoo Band.
- Q1: When I hear a buzzing sound, I know a (B) is nearby: Bee
- Q2: At my monster mash party, multiple people dressed up as (M, B): Mummies, SKIP!
- Q3: To make a scrapbook, you need (T, P, C): Tape, Pictures, TIME on creativity.
Back to Q2, where they were missing Bigfoot.
| Capital One College Bowl
by Chico Alexander
Peacock: streaming Wednesdays
Host: Peyton Manning & Cooper Manning
Last week, the Auburn Tigers upset the Ole Miss Rebels to earn the first spot in the semis. Next two teams...
- CAPTAIN: Corbin Hines (psychology major)
- Alexa Davidson (architecture/classic civilizations double major)
- Paige Clark (nursing major)
- Tamarah Wallace (poli-sci/human rights major)
- Jake Fisher (comp-sci major)
- CAPTAIN: Shomik Ghose (comp-sci major)
FACEOFF ROUND 1: Oceanography, Theater Arts, America: the Prequel, Common Cents, What Could Be Verse
- THEATER ARTS: Writer Aaron Sorkin adapted what Harper Lee novel for Broadway in 2018?
Columbia, Jake: "To Kill a Mockingbird." CORRECT for 10! They get two bonuses for 30 total.
- WHAT COULD BE VERSE: "What happens to a dream deferred?" is the first line of what Langston Hughes poem that's named for a NEw York City neighborhood?
Columbia, Tamarah: "Harlem." GOOD for 10! They get two bonuses for 60 total.
- AMERICA: THE PREQUEL (EXTRA CREDIT): In 1607, the Virginia Company of London named their New World settlement after what English king?
Columbia, Shomik: "James I." RIGHT! First bonus goes dead. Second goes to the Lions to go to 100.
- COMMON CENTS: Of the basic monetary units in Europe, what sterling coinage from the Royal Mint fittingly has a name from the Latin word for "weight"?
Columbia, Jake: "Pound." CORRECT for 10. Tennessee steals a bonus for 10, while Columbia leads with 120.
FACEOFF ROUND 2: Basic Mathematics, Trade School, When in Rome, Fictional Linguistics, Study Break.
- BASIC MATHEMATICS: When spelling out the numbers 1 through 5, which has the same number of letters as its value?
Tennessee, Corbin: "Five." Wrong. Goes to Columbia, Jake... "Four" is right for 10. They get the two bonuses for 20 more, 150 total.
- FICTIONAL LINGUISTICS: Who created the building blocks of the Dothraki language in his novel series A Song of Ice and Fire?
Tennessee, Alexa: "George RR Martin." CORRECT For 10. They get one, but the Lions steal one. Lions lead, 160-30
- WHEN IN ROME: What fashion-centric city is home to Prada, Versace, and Armani?
Columbia, Shomik: "Milan." CORRECT for 10. They get both bonuses to take the lead, 190-30.
- TRADE SCHOOL (EXTRA CREDITS): Which tipe of current that powers household wall outlets periodically reverses direction?
Columbia, Shomik: "Alternating current." CORRECT for 20! Tennessee steals a bonus. Columbia gets one to lead, 230-50.
CAPITAL ONE MERIT AWARD - each week during the quarterfinals, Capital One will award a $5000 scholarship to a quarterfinalist who is making a difference in his or her community. This week, it's Columbia's Tamarah Wallace! CONGRATULATIONS!
FACEOFF ROUND 3: Unions and Mergers, Giants Among Us: Animals of the Earth, Oldies but Goodies, English Lit: The Works of Charles Dickens, Humanities.
- HUMANITIES: What Latin phrase was used by the Roman poet Horace to express the idea that one should enjoy life while one can?
Tennessee, Alexa. "Carpe diem." CORRECT for 10! Tennessee gets a bonus, Lions steal the other to lead, 240-70.
- OLDIES BUT GOODIES: The mighty Persian empire was toppled by what great Macedonian king?
Columbia, Jake: "Alexander." RIGHT for 10. They sweep the bonuses for the 270-70 lead.
- ENGLISH LIT: THE WORKS OF CHARLES DICKENS (EXTRA CREDIT): In Oliver Twist, Jack Dawkins is better known by what name?
Columbia, Shomik: "The Artful Dodger." CORRECT for 20! The Vols steal one, the other goes dead. Lions lead, 290-90.
- UNIONS AND MERGERS: In the 1930s, Bonnie Parker went on a bank-robbing spree with her love and partner-in-crime who had what first name?
Tennessee, Alexa: "Clyde." RIGHT for 10! Tennessee gets another. The Lions steal the other to lead, 300-110.
DROPOUT ROUND: Name one of the 2019 top 30 most populous countries in Africa. Paige challenges Tamarah... she repeats an answer. Jake is wrong with Botswana. Paige is out with a repeat. Shomik is out with Libya. Tennesssee wins, and Columbia benching Tamarah. The list, by the way, are... Nigeria, Ethiopia, Egypt, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Algeria, Sudan, Morocco, Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Madagascar, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Zambia, Senegal, Chad, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Guinea, Rwanda, Benini, and Tunisia.
2-MINUTE DRILL: Available majors are ... History, Communications, Liberal Arts, Business, Sports & Fitness, Pre-Med. As a reminder, you may deliberate with your team, but the captain must ring in with their answer.
- Tennessee: LIBERAL ARTS - 11 correct + 125 bonus points = 510
- Columbia: HISTORY - 16 correct + 225 bonus points = 925
Congratulations to the Columbia Lions, you knock out the #2 seed and move on to the next round. Tennessee Volunteers, you're not going away empty handed. Each of you is going way with $10,000 in scholarship money courtesy of Capital One.
Next time, the Wolverines of Michigan meet the Alabama Crimson Tide.
"Capital One College Bowl" will return after the Olympics.
| Chopped Alton's Maniacal Baskets
by Chico Alexander
Host: Ted Allen
||The four winners from previous rounds have returned to play for $25,000 and the title of Maniacal Baskets champion
executive chef, Nova Restaurant
corporate executive chef, Estefan Kitchen
executive chef/owner, South+Pine American Eatery
executive chef, The Landing
This tournament will feature ingredients solicited by Alton on social media. Joining him on the panel tonight are Maneet Chauhan and Marcus Samuelsson.
Before we begin, Alton makes it $50,000 to go.
APPETIZER: First of Alton's Maniacal Baskets contains... pickled pig lips, rainbow carrots, gooseneck barnacles, and dried yogurt.
- Eric: Roasted Carrots with Pickled Pig Lip Cracklins
- Christina: Carrot & Ginger Soup with Pig Lip & Rainbow Carrot Medley
- Leia: Carrot, Red Lentil & Yogurt Soup with Crispy Carrots
- Alex: Frisee & Rainbow Carrot Salad with Marinated Barnacles
ENTREE: Next for our three survivors are... chocolate covered onions, capon, fava beans, and a roasted lamb head.
- Eric: West African Capon Stew
- Christina: Roasted Capon Breast Over Bean Cassoulet with Red Wine Reduction
- Leia: Pan-Roasted Capon with Chocolate Braised Lamb Head
DESSERT: This is for the money. We're dealing with...a snack cake wedding cake, durian, kale candy canes, and a vegan ham.
- Christina: Vegan Ham & Olive Oil Cake with Durian Ice Cream
- Leia: Durian & Kale Mousse with Snack Cake & Vegan Ham Crumble
And the winner of the $50,000... is.. CHRISTINA!
| Common Knowledge
by Chico Alexander
Host: Joey Fatone
| The Volleyballers
Larry, Zachary, Glenn
Mandy, Lisa, Shelli
Two teams who couldn't make it happen their first time out are getting another chance.
ROUND 1: At the Gym, Beauty Tips, Just Desserts, Tool Box
The Cul-De-Sac Crew has a perfect round to lead, 160-40.
ROUND 2: Cars, Fashion, Home Improvement, Staying Healthy.
The Volleyballers have a perfect round to lead, 360-280.
WRITE-IN ROUND: Cha-Ching, Around the World, Recreation, Farmer's Market
- Cul-de-Sac Crew: FARMER'S MARKET - With feathery green leaves, what herb is used in the brining of the most popular pickles? They say dill... RIGHT!
- The Volleyballers: AROUND THE WORLD - What is the official language of the most countries in the world? Both teams had Spanish... it's English.
- Cul-de-Sac Crew: RECREATION - In the Northern Hemisphere, ski resorts that face which direction tend to have the longest ski seasons? They say east... To the Volleyballers with North for the steal and the lead, 760-480.
- The Volleyballers: CHA-CHING for the win - What is the most counterfeited denomination of money within the US? They say the $20... WINNERS, 1160-480!
BONUS ROUND for the Volleyballers: Larry gets one but doesn't know that Wendy's was the first to offer a value menu. Glenn gets one, but doesn't know that LTE stands for "Long term evolution". Zac... doesn't know that the country who is the leading producer of bananas... is India.
by Chico Alexander
Syn/YesTV: 7:30p/6:30c; also check listings
Guest Host: Robin Roberts with Ken Jennings, Jimmy McGuire & Sarah
||Josh is playing for three today against...
|TWO DAY CHAMPION
North Hollywood, CA
As a reminder, Jeopardy! will match today's winnings and donate it to Be the Match.
JEOPARDY! ROUND: 1876, Homonyms, Internet Businesses, Geography, A Boring Category, We Need New Yogi Bears
Josh starts with $400 1876. At the TV timeout, the champ leads wiht $3600 to $2400 for Grace. Darwin has $400.
Out of the break, Josh finds the DAily Double under $1000 Geography. He bets $2400 on this:
- This pair of "larger" & "smaller" islands are in a group about 100 miles off the east coast of Spain
"What are... the Balearics?" No, it was Mallorca or Minorca, leaving him with $2400. He recovers to $2200 to $5800. Darwin on zero will get the first pick in..
DOUBLE JEOPARDY!: Poetry, TV Show Episode Titles, American Nicknames, Parts of the Oceans, 3 of the Same Consonants; Composers, Painters & Scientists.
... with $800 Poetry, finding the first Daily Double under $1200 American Nicknames. He fronts everything on this:
- Born in 1876, the author of several doggone adventures was known as the "American Kipling".
"Who is Jack London?" That's right... but Mark Twain zaps him. Josh finds the other under $1600 Parts of the Oceans. He wagers $2600 on this...
- The Agulhas & East Madagascar currents flow in this oceans.
the Indian Ocean?" RIGHT for $14,600! He ends up with $17,600 to $9800 for Grace. Darwin is left with $2400.
FINAL JEOPARDY! in "The 20th Century": The code name for a historic meeting at this city was Argonaut, after the heroes who searched for the Golden Fleece on the Black Sea. Correct response: what is Yalta?
Darwin is right, but wagers nothing. Josh is right to win another $19,605, giving him $66,405 for three!
by Chris Wolvie
Host: Will Arnett
Previously on LEGO MASTERS 2: LEGO HARDER, the remaining eight teams had a wicked balancing act on their hands, building from a single long brick hanging from the ceiling. It was Mark & Steven (The Ringers) who won the day and the Golden Brick to promise them immunity from elimination...and it was Randall & Syreeta (Hip Hip LEGO Artists) who came crashing down and had to leave.
The teams enter LEGO Masters Central to see Will next to a Lamborghini...that is, a SCALE "Lambo" made of LEGO. He tells them that their FIRST challenge (yes, there's more than one this week) is to build a replica of it...from MEMORY (since Will "accidentally" wrecked it), using the same pieces used to make the original. The one who gets closest to the build in four hours gets an advantage in the NEXT challenge.
Aaaaaand they're OFF to get their bricks on! Brickmasters Jamie & Amy admit they're giving them about one-fourth the time it would usually take to make this kind of memory build...but, hey, that's what the show's all about, right? Some teams like Zack & Wayne (Sushi Bros) have an advantage as Wayne has DRIVEN Lanmbos before. Caleb & Jacob (Twin Bricks) focus on details while Dave & Richard (The NYCHI Connection) go with their gut about how it should look. Lauren & Bryan (Brick Lagunas) REALLY wanna nail this to get whatever advantage they can get. Jamie says that Jen & Susan (Ute Moms) have the shape a bit off as Lambos are more angular. And Will notices that Philip & Maria (16 Years a Couple) has their model a bit higher off the ground that it should be. Michele & Natalie (DIY Moms) are doing a decent job for knowing nothing about cars.
Time's up and bricks are put down. The models are brought together...and they are shown an ACTUAL-SIZED Lamborghini made of LEGOs! The Brickmasters deliberate and the winner is...Caleb & Jacob!
Now, it's time for the REAL challenge: DEMOLITION DERBY! The teams are now given six hours to build a remote-controlled car out of LEGOs...which will then be pitted against the others in a battle where only ONE will survive and make the Top Two. The OTHER of the Top Two will be chosen by the Brickmasters based on aesthetics. Oh, and Twin Bricks' advantage...will be told later on.
For now...GET YOUR BRICK ON! The Microsoft Surface tablets get a-working. The Ringers like the idea...but, a third-of-the-way through the build, their having doubts about the strength. The Sushi Bros concentrate on winning the derby itself rather than making their ride "pimped". Other teams actually seem to be having fun with their builds. Ute Moms argue over particulars while NYCHI Connection decide on a more open-wheel design, the OPPOSITE of Twin Bricks' design which covers the wheels.
TIME'S UP...BRICKS DOWN! Will the Ringers cash in the Golden Brick? Nope; they're confident in their build.:
-Zack & Wayne's ride is PURPLE PUNISHER, a stocky car FULL of Technic Bricks that can withstand the punishment...they hope.
-Dave & Richard shows us their RAD DEVIL, a demonic-looking car with a ramp on the front for launching.
-Mark & Steven has TOXIC TITAN, something right out of a "Mad Max" with a nightmarish look to it out of "Wacky Raceland".
-Susan & Jen has MUSCLE SPROUTS, a tractor with a cow catcher up from and flames out the other end.
-Maria and Philip gets us the BIG BLUE BEAST, a boxy hot rod hauling TNT like a kamikaze Mario Kart racer.
-Lauren & Bryan's entry is BVEWARE THE BULL, a Taurus-shaped fighter which makes the competitors see fire red, like the flames atop it.
-Caleb & Jacob has SUNSHINE WAGON, an ironically-named tow truck with chains and a wrecking ball (Miley Cyrus not included).
-Finally, Michelle & Natalie presents FEAR THE HORN, a sportster with a unicorn vibe which will, hopefully, make Unikitty jealous of its looks and brutality.
The Brickmasters consider and the winner of the aesthetic building portion of the challenge is...Mark & Steven!
Now the actual Demolition Derby will begin! On the count of "GO", the racers will grab their remotes and get to wreckin'. If Jamie feels a car has taken too much damage or cannot movie, he'll wave the black flag and disqualify the racer. Last car standing faces Mark & Steven for the winner of the challenge.
Oh,...and Caleb & Jacob's advantage? They don't have to race for 30 seconds. The other seven will have to wreck each other for that time before the Sunshine Wagon is released.
Ladies & gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES! A five-car pile-up worthy of NASCAR short-track wrecks starts off the battle. The Big Blue Beast seems to be the primary target while Fear The Horn keeps its distance (sans horn). Toxic Titan takes a massive blow from Muscle Sprouts, so it's a good thing they're just playing for pride.
In comes Sunshine Wagon to try to wreck what's left...aaaaaaaaaaaand it drives RIGHT off the edge of the arena. Uh,......oops? Needless to say, they're black flagged and, most likely, will be ragged about this for the rest of their tenure.
Purple Punisher is destroying Toxic Titan (payback for Mark & Steven taking the Golden Brick from Zack & Wayne) and the Ringers get the next black flag. Beware the Bull is mata-done, Big Blue Beast is bust, Muscle Sprouts wilted and Fear the Horn becomes an "imaginary" winner. It's Rad Devil vs. Purple Punisher...but Punisher gets stuck on a loose tire. With one last push, the winner is RAD DEVIL!
So...who wins the challenge as a whole: the good-looking Ringers or the still-running NYCHI Connection. The winner is...
DAVE & RICHARD! No one expected their ride to survive to the end so they get the accolades of best build of the week.
The BOTTOM two teams are not necessarily the Twin Bricks and Ute Moms; one was a terrible driver, the other was not as good looking as the others. The ones being towed away this week are...
Susan & Jen!
The Mormons are morning as the prides of American Fork got the fork stuck in them. The custom Mini-Figs are placed in Consolation Row, but they leave with their heads held high as to how much they accomplished. And Caleb breaks down in tears for losing another "LEGO family member".
OK, the rest of you, hit the bricks. When you come back, you'll be building the latest craze in renewable energy...and it'll HAVE to take the pressure of a tropical storm for you not to be blown out of the competition!
| Mental Samurai Season Finale
by Chico Alexander
Host: Rob Lowe
(C-Note: this season of Mental Samurai was shot in Portugal during the COVID-19 pandemic with all protective measures advised in place at the time)
Last week, Laith Wallaschleger got far enough fast enough to win the game and the trip to the Circle of Samurai. Now he has one last shot at the big money, but he also has five people breathing down his neck.
As a reminder, the player who completes his or her game the fastest will be the champion and go on to the Circle of Samurai for $100,000. If no one has completed their game, then the player who goes the fastest the furthest will win.
- Hercules Magnus (38; orig. Sao Paulo, BRZ; real estate agent): FAIL Q5 (Knowledge - FACTFINDER)
- Caroline Glymph (24; Torrance, CA; twirling doctorate student): FAIL Q10 (Sequence - MEASURE UP)
- Anya Lester (49; Las Vegas; CSI): FAIL Q7 (Knowledge - REALITY CHECK)
- Jeromy Robert (45; Oakridge, OR; former Navy cryptologist): TIME OUT Q10 (Knowledge - SNAPSHOT)
- Joshua Florence (22; San Francisco; pre-med student): FAIL Q10 (Puzzles - GRIDLOCK)
- Laith Wallaschleger (CHAMPION, $24,500): FAIL Q8 (Sequence - TIME WARP).
Joshua was too slow, so Caroline wins! Laith leaves with $28,000.
CIRCLE OF SAMURAI:
- Sequence - TIME WARP: Arrange these parts of a three-piece suit in the order a man puts them on from first to last: jacket, vest, shirt. She says shirt, vest, jacket... RIGHT!
- Memory - PAY ATTENTION to this podcast:
What type of animal was Herman: potbellied pig, hedgehog, or wild boar? She says hedgehog... RIGHT!
- Knowledge - SPECIAL EQUATION: Add the # of letters in our alphabet with the # of letters in the word "alphabet". She says 34... RIGHT!
- Puzzles - DOUBLE CROSSED: Complete this crossword to identify a holiday:
A: Male parents - * - - - - -
D: There are 24 hrs in one - * -
She says "FATHER'S DAY"... RIGHT!
- Memory - BLACKOUT: Study this clip carefully. What type of shop was she in: wine, donut, or coffee? She says coffee... RIGHT!
- Puzzles - GRIDLOCK: Find three things associated with a judge.
C A W O T J
I R L B S U
G A V E L R
O E C N U Y
S T E C D A
N U F H A R
She says gavel, jury, and bench... RIGHT!
- Knowledge - SNAPSHOT: What celebrity is represented by these images:
She says Cardi B... RIGHT!
- Sequence - RECORD BREAKER: Arrange these comedians by how many
they hosted the Oscars, from fewest to most: Billy Crystal, Seth MacFarlane, Whoopi Goldberg. She says Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Seth MacFarlane... backwards. But she does have $17,500, plus the $4500 from earlier, giving her $22,000 for the night! And who knows? If Fox decides to renew the show, she may come back for more! But that is it from Portugal!