In Reruns Now:
Beat the Clock
Let's Make a Deal
The Price Is Right
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2018 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|How It's Made
|Making It Premiere
by Chico Alexander
Hosts: Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
The former "Handmade Project" is now "Making It" onto NBC's schedule with two buddies from "Parks & Recreation" on board.
Also on board, expert crafter Dayna Isom Johnson and Barney's creative director Simon Doonan to judge.
ALSO on board... these 8 crafters...
- Joanna "Jo" Gick (37; Chandler, AZ; interior designer)
- Amber Kemp-Gerstell (37; Miami; craft blogger)
- Billy Kheel (43; Los Angeles; felt artist)
- Robert Mahar (46; Los Angeles; designer/maker)
- Khiem Nguyen (28; Austin, TX; woodworker)
- Jemma Olson (60; Rockwall, TX; hodgepodge crafter)
- Jeffrey "Jeff" Rudell (54; New York City; paper crafter)
- Nicole Sweeney (31; San Francisco; woodworker)
Each round has two parts - a Faster Craft and a Master Craft. In the Faster Craft, you'll have 3 hours to make something. In the Master Craft, you'll have more time to create variations on a theme. The winner of the Master Craft will win a merit badge. The last crafter standing wins $100,000. But each week, someone will be eliminated.
FASTER CRAFT (3 hours): SECRET BEAST - create a 3-D representation of yourself as an animal.
- Amber: Unicorn
- Billy: Townie Pig
Jeff: Sunflower Bee
- Nicole: Bee
- Jemma: Owl
- Robert: Shadow Puppet Theater
- Khiem: Turtle Shell
MASTER CRAFT: TWO PIECE, FAMILY HEIRLOOM. The first item is a photo album. The other is a quilt made from unconventional item. They will be judged on utility and how well they work with each other.
- Billy: Football
- Jo: Hearts
- Jemma: Needlecraft
- Khiem: Wood
- Amber: Papercraft
- Nicole: Wooden Stars
- Jeff: Wood/Totems
| America Says
by Chico Alexander
Host: John Michael Higgins
|The Theme Partiers
Ashley, Jacqueline, Megan, Nicole
Corey, Michael, Aaron, Josh
- Theme Partiers: A (B, B, L, R, R, S, T) is furry but it would make a bad pet. They come up with rat, lion, tiger, bear, raccoon, and badger. The Roomies steal skunk to clear the board.
- Roomies: (B, C, C, GB, NY, P, P) has the most die-hard sports fans of any city in America. They clear the board wtih New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Boston, and Cleveland to make it 1800 to 600.
- Theme Partiers: I love to sing while I (C, C, D, D, LTM, S, W). They come up with shower, work, drive, cook, clean, and listen to music. The Roomies clear their third board with drink.
- Roomies: When I think of Abraham Lincoln, the first thing that comes to mind is (B, CW, GA, H, H, LC, P). They get hat, penny, beard, and Gettysburg Address, but the Theme Partiers steal log cabin and Civil War to narrow the gap with 2200 to the Roomies' 2800.
- Roomies: It's OK to scream when you're at a (AP, B, C, D, HH, PR, SM). They get concert & amusement park for 600 more, 3400 total. The Theme Partiers score on haunted house, scary movie, ballgame, and dentist, but not pep rally for 1200 more, 3400 total. We have a tie game!
- Theme Partiers (at least four wins it): I take very good care of my (B, C, D, F, L, T, W). They get dog, lawn, family, car, and wife to win, 4900 to 3400! The others: teeth and body.
- Q1: My (P) won the blue ribbon at the state fair - pie
- Q2: Gold makes me think of (J, M) - jewelry, money
- Q3: Clouds look like they're made of (C, M, WC) - cotton, marshmallows, whipped cream
- Q4: Bees make me think of (F, H, P, WTP) - flowers, honey, pollen, and Winnie-the-Pooh for the win with 37 seconds to spare!
| America's Got Talent
by Chico Alexander, Jason Block & Gordon Pepper
Host: Tyra Banks with Mel B, Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum & Howie
|Another round of acts will have to face the judges one more time, and joining them this week country superstar Martina McBride. Who will join Voices of Hope and Angel City Chorale in the next round?
- The Savitsky Cats are up first, as Svetlana and Marina have more cat tricks up their sleeve. Howie and Martina love it. Heidi thinks that it's incredible what the cats can do. Mel smiled. Simon thought it could go a bit further.
- Blue Tokyo promised new tricks to step up their game... but Simon & Mel only saw more of the same.
- OC Music & Dance concentrated on the performers rather than the collective, but the judges wanted more of the collective.
- PAC Dance Team wanted to wow Howie today, because they didn't get his vote the last time. Their fairy-tale-inspired routine will try for raves. Howie... still not feeling it, calling this show "more than just a high school dance team".
- Jeffrey Li and Angel Garcia become fast friends. But they have to take the stage on their own. Angel is first with a Spanish version of "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars. Everyone likes it... except Howie, who couldn't help but notice that his eyes were closed the whole time.
- Jeffrey is next with "One Moment in Time" by Whitney Houston.... and he slays it.
- Ms. Trysh... Kazi... and Bone Hampton... well, let's just say they're all digest for a reason.
- Quin & Misha do a little dance... and get a huge round of applause. How huge? Martina makes the GOLDEN BUZZER move!
- Noah Guthrie (who was on Glee before it was canceled) gets another chance at stardom with "Whipping Post' by the Allman Brothers. The judges like it better than what he came out with, which if you ask me was a poor song choice.
- Jules & Jerome had more acrobatics, but they were just so-so.
- Fratelli Rossi... well, they didn't fall this time. They raised their game, and Simon thought that the blindfold was a nice touch.
- Bensax International is cool, but not as cool as Oliver Graves, apparently, who like Steven Wright before him, offers up cool deadpan delivery.
- Udi Dance had another glow-in-the-dark act, and the creativity is once again on point.
- We Three sing "Lifeline" about "dealing with your demons" to a standing ovation. Mel thought that their lyrics matched their passion. Martina liked their talent, and Heidi loved their humility.
- Finally, it's the Sacred Riana... who once again just stood there like the kid from the Ring. She makes bloody handprints come out of nowhere before bringing her doll to life inside her dollhouse. Freaky.
Time to make the decisions... Joining Quin & Misha in the next round...
- The Savitsky Cats
- PAC Dance Team
- The Sacred Riana
- Udi Dance
- Noah Guthrie
- We Three
The last of the Judges Cuts next week.
| Beat Shazam
by Chico Alexander
Host: Jamie Foxx with Corinne Foxx
|Ana & Irena
|Ramun & Nick
Grand Rapids, MI
|Monica & Susie
Santa Monica, CA
- PARTY SONGS: "Get Low", Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz featuring Ying Yang Twins (Ramun/Nick)
- FOO FIGHTERS: "My Hero" (Monica/Susie)
- TEEN IDOLS: "Hold It Against Me", Britney Spears (Monica/Susie)
- COVER SONGS: "Baby I Love Your Way", Big Mountain (Monica/Susie)
- FUNK: "Living In America" (NOBODY)
- '50s: "Tequila", The Champs (Monica/Susie)
- FAST TRACK for $4000 - ELTON JOHN: "Tiny Dancer" (Monica/Susie)
Monica & Susie come storming out of the gate with $12,000. Ramun & Nick have $2000. Ana & Irena need to get on the board here.
CATEGORIES ROUND: The vote between 2010s and 1980s goes to... 1980s.
- "Take On Me", a-ha (Monica/Susie)
- "You Got It (The Right Stuff)", New Kids on the Block (Monica/Susie)
- "Automatic", The Pointer Sisters (Monica/Susie)
- "Pride (In the Name of Love)", U2 (Ana/Irena, welcome to the game)
- FAST TRACK for $6000: "True Colors", Cyndi Lauper (Monica/Susie)
Monica & Susie continue to dominate with $27,000 to Ana & Irena's $3000. Ramun & Nick, $2000 will not cut it today.
SINGLE PLAY: With Smokey Robinson in the building it's going to be Monica vs. Irena in the battle of Motown.
- "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)", The Four Tops (Monica)
- "Working My Way Back To You", The Spinners (Monica)
- "Lady (You Bring Me Up)", The Commodores (NOBODY)
- "Touch Me In the Morning", Diana Ross (Irena)
- FAST TRACK for $10,000: "The Tracks of My Tears", The Miracles (Monica)
Monica & Susie continue to dominate (again) with $47,000. Ana & Irena have only $8000. They're going to need a sweep here...
FINAL ROUND: PINK
- "Raise Your Glass" (Monica/Susie)
- "So What" (Monica/Susie) - LOCK
- "Get the Party Started" (Ana/Irena)
- "Sober" (Ana/Irena)
- FAST TRACK for $20,000: "Don't Let Me Get Me" (Monica/Susie)
So Ana & Irena are taking half of their bank - or $14,000 - back home, while Monica & Susie are taking $87,000 to Shazam.
BEAT SHAZAM: Shazam pays $25,000 a song, with the sixth & final song being worth $1 million or double the bank depending on how the first five play out.
1) DIVAS: "Saving All My Love For You", Whitney Houston (X) - The million is out of play
2) PRINCE: "Little Red Corvette" ($25,000)
3) POP: "Team", Lorde (SHAZAM)
4) COUNTRY: "How Do You Like Me Now?!", Toby Keith (SHAZAM)
5) BREAKUP SONGS: "Listen To Your Heart", Roxette ($25,000)
So after steamrolling the main game, they only take another $50,000 for a total of $137,000. They can take that and split, but there's still one more song in the playlist - double or half. Right answer pays $274,000. Wrong answer pays $68,500. The category: 2000s. Monica's going for it! Let's see if she can ... BEAT SHAZAM!
6) 2000s: "White Flag", Dido... ... NOTHING. They leave with $68,500.
| Celebrity Fear Factor
by Chico Alexander & Gordon Pepper
MTV: 10p/9C & 11p/10C
Host: Chris "Ludacris" Bridges
|Abi-Maria Gomes & Sierra Dawn Thomas
playing for Cheer for Your Life
|Cody Calafiore & Zach Rance
playing for Ronald McDonald House
|Caleb & Blake Reynolds
playing for Give Kids the World
|Rachel Reilly & Brendon Villegas
"Big Brother" & "The Amazing Race"
playing for UCLA Lung Cancer Research
First up, it's REALITY SMACKDOWN.
ROUND 1: TUNNEL VISION. Separated by two tunners, both teammates had to describe a shape to remove from a board. They need to match three to stop the time.
- Abi-Maria/Sierra: 5'08"
- Cody/Zach: 4'31" - advances
- Caleb/Blake: 4'28" - advances
- Rachel/Brendon: 4'47" - advances
ROUND 2: UPSIDE DOWN: Hang onto a rope and flag for as long as you can. While hanging upside down. In a pool of water.
- Cody/Zach: 53"
- Caleb/Blake: 33" - advances
- Rachel/Brendon: 50" - advances
THE FINAL FEAR: Landing Zone. A helicopter will take each team to a truck, where you'll have to grab three keychains. Enter three numbers in the right order to start a detonation clock at 30 seconds. Then race back to the helicopter & escape before the truck blew up. Fastest time wins.
- Caleb/Blake: 2'05"
- Brendon/Rachel: 1'40"
Another game, another win. Brenchel prove it pays to face your fear, winning $50,000 for UCLA Lung Cancer Research..
In the nightcap, it's a battle of the bachelor/ettes with Alexis & Nicole, Corinne & GG, Rachel & Bryan and Vanessa & Danielle. It's down to Vanessa & Danielle (playing for No Better You) and Rachel & Bryan (playing for Hurricane Relief Effort) in...
THE FINAL FEAR: CRASH COURSE: wearing drunk goggles, you'll have to stuff two duffel bags wtih 20 pieces of clothing, then get to a car and drive through a shed to stop the time.
- Rachel/Bryan: 1'54"
- Vanessa/Danielle: 1'40"
That's the game and the money to Vanessa & Danielle!
| Chopped: Grill Masters
by Chico Alexander
Host: Ted Allen
pitmaster/co-owner, Fergolicious BBQ
pitmaster, Ultimate Tailgate
pitmaster/co-owner, The Slabs
This year's Grill Masters Tournament is about to begin with four cities battling for grillin' rights and $50,000. Today, it's all about Kansas City.
On the panel with Geoffrey Zakarian and Amanda Freitag... brand ambassador & pitmaster Moe Cason.
APPETIZER: First on the grill, you have...burnt ends, nettles, double-cut pork chops, and gingerbread cookie sandwiches
- Jeremy: Burnt End & Pork Taco with Nettles
- Katey: Chipotle-Nettle-Grilled Sausage Crostini
- Craig: Pork Chop with Nettle & Burnt End Hash
- Stephanie: Stephy-Style Lettuce Wraps with Netle Pico de Gallo
ENTREE: Next up to meet the heat... strip steak, green tomatoes, soda pop, and spicy black beans.
- Katey: Grilled Strip with Sweet & Spicy Black Bean Sauce
- Craig: Marinated Strip STeak with Charred Broccoli
- Stephanie: "Wow Up Your Cow!" Strip Steak with BBQ Glaze
DESSERT: Now make the lines out of... pig ears, banana pudding, pineapple, and pound cake.
- Katey: Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Pineappe Sauce
- Stephanie: Sweet & Spicy Fruit Salad with Pound Cake
And the first finalist into the grand finale... congratulations STEPHANIE!
| Love Connection
by Chico Alexander
Host: Andy Cohen
Time to get to the loving.
First up, it's TIFFANY, a 27-year-old dominatrix from Long Island. She swears she has a good girl side, and she's going to school for her masters in psychology. Let's see if we can't whip her lovelife into shape. Her three (with first-impression scores on him & her):
(28; Jersey City, NJ; audio book developer), who lost his V-card on a Tinder date (6/5)
- Jeff (26; New York City; sales), who is recently single and is over dating apps (9/10)
- Anthony (26; Astoria, NY; sales), who lives in Manhattan and thinks people dating him are just after freebies (6/8)
Looks like Jeff might just win this. Let's see what Tiffany went with... JEFF! The audience picked... JEFF! It's a $10,000 Love Connection!
Next up, we have AHMED, a 24-year-old accountant from Dallas who owns his friend's cat. He's not your typical accountant. For one, he's a ball of energy who likes parkour. He's looking to escape the friend zone. His three (with first-impression scores on her & him):
- Katie (26; San Antonio, CA; animal trainer), who loves animals and had her last relationship end when he was allergic to cats (9/1)
- Alyssa (25; Lake Balboa, CA; MRI technologist): her parents were on the original show. (9/8)
- Lucy (23; Dallas; plus-size model): she has a loud mouth, and the people who are into it are "narcissistic psychopaths" (8/8)
He picks... the second-generation LC alum ALYSSA! Where does the audience go... they went with KATIE. Again, once in a while, the audience gets it SPECTACULARLY WRONG.
On the dates...
- Tiffany & Jeff learn about each other. Once Jeff learned what she did for a living, he couldn't hang. So Tiffany's search for love continues.
Ahmed & Alyssa are happy on their second date. After the show, they made their separate ways... but they haven't stopped talking. Hoping this one is a love connection that repeats itself.
| Paid Off with Michael Torpey
by Douglas Crawshaw Jr.
Host: Michael Torpey