In Reruns Now:
Funny You Should Ask
25 Words or Less
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2021 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|18 Days, $436,483
by Chico Alexander
Syn/YesTV: 7:30p/6:30c; also check listings
Host: Ken Jennings with Jimmy McGuire & Sarah
Mattea's run seems to be marked by periods of being smart, followed by periods of being lucky. Which one will she trend toward today?
|18 DAY CHAMPION
New York City
associate director of admissions
SINGLE JEOPARDY!: States' Most Populous Cities, Sitcoms, Newspapers & Magazines, The Language of Sport, The Atmosphere, Waits & Measures
Mattea starts wtih $200 the Language of Sport. Julian finds the Daily Double under $1000 Waits & Measures. He's going for it on this...
- WAITS & MEASURES for $2000: This name for a type of ounce used to measure gold comes from a city in medieval France, not ancient Turkey
"What is bullion?" No, it was a troy ounce. He recovers to $4200 to lead Mattea's $3400. Terri on $1200 gets the first go in...
DOUBLE JEOPARDY!: Politicians in Their School Days, Entertainment Awards, Fun with Cooking Terms, The 18th Century, Felines in Fiction, Middle P
... with $1200 Fun with Cooking Terms. Mattea finds the first Daily Double under $1200 The 18th Century. She wagers $2000 on this...
- THE 18th CENTURY for $2000: The 2 dynasties vying for power in the War of the Spanish Succession were the Habsburg & this French one
"Who are the Bourbons?" RIGHT for $7800! She also finds the other under $2000 Middle P. She goes for $4000 on this...
- MIDDLE P for $4000: 2 linked lines of verse.
"What is anapest?" No, it's a couplet, dropping her to $13,800. She recovers to $17,000 to $11,000 for Julain. Terri is all but out of it with $800.
- MUSICAL INSPIRATIONS: "Tuileries" & "The Great Gate of Kiev" were 2 of the artworks that inspired this classical work completed in 1874
Correct response: what is Pictures at an Exhibition?
Mattea is the only one correct to win $22,001, giving her $460,184 to round the week out on her 19th triumph.
| America Says
by Chico Alexander
Host: John Michael Higgins
Mcihael, Vanesa, Pam, Brett
|Master Escape Artists
Kristin, Katrina, Henry, Aaron
- Parent Crew: In our family, it's a tradition to (B, D, E, GTG, OP, P, S) on Christmas Eve. They eat and pray. The Master Escape Artists escape with open presents, go to grandma's, bake, drink, and sing.
- Master Escape Artists: Oh great... My neighbor's in college & he just invited the whole (B, C, D, F, FT, S, S) over! They get class, football team, fraternity, sorority, school, and band. The Parent Crew misses dorm to stay at 200 to 1100 for the Master Escape Artists.
- Parent Crew: A (B, B, C, DB, JS, K, R) is a vehicle you might rent on vacation. They get dune buggy, boat, kayak, car, jet ski, RV, and bike for the sweep to go to 3600!
- Master Escape Artists: I walked in on my husband in the tool shed using his (D, G, H, H, P, S, S). They get hammer, screwdriver, drill, pliers, and saw to go to 1600. The Parent Crew misses grinder and hose to stay at 3600.
- Parent Crew: My favorite cartoon duo is (BAR, MAM, PATB, RAS, SAP, SAS, TAJ). They get Tom & Jerry, Ren & Stimpy, Batman & Robin, SpongeBob & Patrick, and Mickey & Minnie for 1500, 5100 total. Master Escape Artists finish with Pinky & the Brain and Scooby & Shaggy for 2200.
- Master Escape Artists (need a sweep to win): Besides pizza, the word "slice" makes me think of (A, B, C, C, G, P, W). They get pie, apple, bread, cake, watermelon, cheese, and.... miss golf. Parent Crew wins, 5100-4000!
BONUS ROUND for the Parent Crew
- Q1: When I was younger, I'd go to concerts & bring the fun. Now I bring (E): Earplugs
- Q2: Birds can be found in (T, N): Trees, Nests
- Q3: A word you often hear before "day" is (B, G, P): Good, SKIP!
- Q4: The last time I went to a roller rink, I saw a lot of (S, K, F, S): Skates, Kids, TIME on falls and spandex.
Back to Q3, where they needed birth and pay.
by Chico Alexander & Gordon Pepper
ABC: Sunday 8p/7C
Host: Ryan Seacrest with Luke Bryan, Katy Perry & Lionel Richie
Last week on Idol, the top 11 performed for your votes. The judges end up saving Lady K, while Tristen Gressett was shown the door. Now the top 10 will perform AGAIN as we embark on our annual tradition... DISNEY NIGHT.
The top 10 visit Disneyland where they are greeted by today's mentor, singer/dancer/actor Derek Hough.
We kick this off with the females singing "We Don't Talk About Bruno" from "Encanto", joined by Adassa and Rhenzy Feliz (C-Note: ... the guy from Runaways has pipes?!). The men join in as well.
So while Ryan as Magic Mirror calls Luke the fairest of them all... and Lionel the most talented, we get a wheeled-out Katy Perry in her annual cosplay best... as Ariel the Little Mermaid. And the Little Mermaid took a big fall. Woops.
Okay, on to the matter at hand. Voting is live via phone, app, text, and ABC.com. At the end, we will reveal the result.
- LADY K: "How Far I'll Go" by Auli'i Cravalho (from "Moana"). Lionel says this is the best she's sounded all season. Katy thought Vanessa Williams was on the stage delivering a "stunning" vocal. Luke says the judges were vindicated saving her.
- NOAH THOMPSON: "You've Got a Friend in Me" by Randy Newman & Lyle Lovett (from "Toy Story"). Katy's favorite song is reinvented. Luke thinks Noah has a bright future. Lionel loves the song choice.
- EMYRSON FLORA: "Carried Me With You" by Brandi Carlile (from "Onward") (C-Note: AKA the Disney movie that was released just as the world went all bat-guano insane). Luke enjoyed watching her have fun. Lionel thought she was top notch. Katy says she's come so far and that her voice was spectacular. Translation... meh.
- HUNTERGIRL: "I See The Light" by Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi (from "Tangled"). Katy is quick to say that if this is how everyone sounds by going to Disneyland, they should all go once a week. Luke says she carries the torch of country music (RIP Naomi Judd).
- JAY: "Remember Me" by Benjamin Bratt (from "Coco"). Katy says he used the stage better than anyone and was controlled. Luke says it was timeless. Lionel says Jay is a star.
- LEAH MARLENE: "When She Loved Me" by Sarah MacLachlan (from "Toy Story 2"). Luke thought she was an amazing singer. Lionel says she knocked it out of the park. Katy thought she was silky smooth.
- NICOLINA: "Poor Unfortunate Souls" by Pat Carroll (from "The Little Mermaid"). Katy... was genuinely terrified. She stole the show. Lionel thought this was the best Disney night ever.
- MIKE PARKER: "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins (from "Tarzan"). Katy could feel every moment. Luke thought he navigated the song masterfully.
- CHRISTIAN GUARDINO: "Circle of Life" by Elton John (from "The Lion King"). Luke thought he nailed it. Lionel thought he was in his light. Katy calls it his best performance yet.
- FRITZ HAGER: "Go the Distance" by Michael Bolton (from "Hercules"). Lionel says Fritz has stepped into his light. Katy wants America to vote... but time's up!
RESULTS: The top 7 in no particular order...
- LEah Marlene
- Noah Thompson
- Fritz Hager
- Christian Guardino
Which means that Lady K, Mike Parker, and Emyrson Flora have all been eliminated.
The top 7 will sing again NEXT WEEK, but on Monday, a celebration 20 years in the making.
Disney is the parent company of ABC.
| Chain Reaction
by Chico Alexander
GSN: Friday 5p/4c
Host: Dylan Lane
Natalie, Brian, Victor
Jenifer, Malia, Anthony
$100 CHAIN: DREAM - House - Dressing - R? - Tax - DEDUCTION. Brian gets ROOM to tie the game at $200.
- $100 SPEED CHAIN: STAINED - G - D - PRIZE. The Poetry Club gets GLASS DOOR for $300.
$200 CHAIN: PUBLIC - Square - O? - Third - Wheel - BARROW. The Poetry Club sweep with ONE for $1100.
- $200 SPEED CHAIN: BOXING - R - F - PUPPET. They get RING FINGER for $1300.
$300 CHAIN: ASKING - Price - Freeze - F? - Shop - MECHANIC. The Poets sweep AGAIN with FRAME for $2500.
- $300 SPEED CHAIN: CHECKERED - F - S - HENGE. They get FLAG STONE for $2800.
GAMBLING CHAIN: COKE - Zero - Down - River - C? - Line - DANCER. With the score favoring the Poetry Club $2900-$500, the Creative Pals have control... Jenifer bids $100 on CROSS... Not right. Natalie bets $400 on CROSSING... ALSO not right. Malia goes all-in on CRUISE... That's right, but the Poetry Club wins, $2500-$800.
BONUS ROUND for the Poetry Club
- WAKE - F - F - TRADER. They get FOREST FLOOR with 19 seconds left.
- SIRIUS - B - B - O - PAINTING. They get BLACK BEARD OIL with 10 seconds left.
- STORM - W - ? - ? - M - STICK. They run out of time on WATCH CRYSTAL LIGHT METER.
| Family Feud
by Jason Huhn
Syn/YesTV: 3p/4c; also check listings
Host: Steve Harvey
|FOUR DAY CHAMPION
Darnell, Mesa, Terry, Jesse, Jazmin
Bryan, Emily, Garrison, MG, Faye
Friday's shows have two car opportunities.
SINGLE: 100 women, after being dumped, a bottle of wine pairs well with what?
1️ Ice cream/Food 71 5️ A good cry 3
2️ Another bottle 5 6️ Revenge 2
3️ TV/Movie 4 7️ A joint 2
4️ Gal pals 4 8️ Adele songs 2
SINGLE: Something a wife might smack her husband's bottom with.
1️ Hand 53 5️ Newspaper/Mag 3
2️ Towel 15 6️ Shoe 3
3️ Spatula/Spoon 11 7️ Whip 2
4️ Flyswatter 3
DOUBLE: Something a man who's self-conscious about his weight might do to look thin.
1️ Wear black 24 5️ Suck in gut 10
2️ Baggy/Untuck 23 6️ Skinny mirror 4
3️ Girdle/Tight garb 18
4️ Diet/Exercise 11
Both families were left in the dark on the #1 answer.
TRIPLE: Something you might be making when you're at home.
1️ Food/Tea 81
2️ Wild whoopee 11
3️ Cocktails 3
4️ The bed 2
The Longs deny the Curneys their car.
FAST MONEY: Bryan gets a #1 for 78. Garrison gets the family to $710.
- 1-10, how much does your dog understand you?: 8
- A kind of bell: Liberty Bell
- A sport for which men win trophies: Golf & Bowling were tied
- The biggest event in a teenager's life: Driver's license (Bryan)
- Something made out of rubber: Tire
In the nightcap, the Van Horns play for a car against the Evans family.
TRIPLE: Soemthing kids love to jump into a pile of.
1️ Leaves 86
2️ Pillows 6
3️ Snow 3
4️ Dirt 2
The Evans family ALSO deny the champs of a car.
FAST MONEY: Luke and Connor get $20,000.
| Is It Cake?
by Chico Alexander
Netflix: season 1 available
Host: Mikey Day
Last week, April, Justin & Steve competed for the second spot in the finale. April wins the garage sale sell-off and adds $10,000 in the Cake or Cash final. This leaves Dessiree, Hemu, and Sam to bake for the final spot.
Palm Bay, FL
cake designer & former samba instructor
celebrity baker in NYC
Today's theme: TOYS.
FIND THAT CAKE: Before you are six items related to today's theme. Five are real, one is cake. The first to find the cake will get to pick first. You have 20 seconds to observe.
2) Building blocks
5) Rubber duckies
6) Chess set
THE CAKE IS… The dinosaur! Everyone except Dessiree nailed it. Hemu found it fastest, so she gets the first pick.
IS IT CAKE?: the three chefs will have to choose one of the remaining items and bake a facsimile of it in 8 hours as close to real as possible.
- Hemu: Elephant - Dark Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Chocolate Ganache, Raspberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream, and Chopped Milk Chocolate
- Sam: Chess Set - Strawberry Cake with Crumbled Pop Tarts & Shortbread Cookies
- Dessiree: Rubber Duckies - Vanilla Cake with Cookies & Cream Buttercream, Brownie Chunks, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
On the panel for this round are…comedian/social media star Brittany Broski, from "Saturday Night Live", actor/comedian/Mikey's coworker Heidi Gardner, and from "Cobra Kai", culinary writer/actor/comedian Dan Ahdoot. They will have 20 seconds to confer and decide which of the items in the display is cake before locking in a guess.
- Elephant: They push the #2 button... NO CAKE! It's #5.
- Chess Set: They go with #2 again... NO CAKE! The cake was #3.
- Rubber Duckies: They pick #1... It's delicious CAKE. Dessiree is eliminated.
The judges will break this tie on taste. The winner and final finalist... HEMU! She gets $5000... and a chance for more!
CAKE OR CASH: Before you are two piggy banks. One is the $5000. The other… is cake. You have 15 seconds to decide which is which. Guess the cake, win the cash.
- HEMU GUESSES: #1. #2 is… CAKE! Hemu is up to $10,000 AND she's in the finale.
Next time, Andrew, April, and Hemu are baking for $50,000!
Season 1 of "Is It Cake?" is available in its entirety on Netflix. The finale recap follows next week.
|| The Price Is Right
by Chico Alexander
Host: Drew Carey with Manuela Arbelaez, Alexis Gaube, Devin Goda, Amber Lancaster, James O'Halloran, Rachel Reynolds & George Gray
Record today: 2-4
Record for week 31: 13-16-1
Record this season: 412-448-44
Total won today*: $59,640
Total won this week*: $367,352
Total won this season*: $11,851,098.15 + 1 trip of unknown value
Perfect bids: 32/894
Perfect Shows/Skunks: 2/0
$11K/$26K SCSD Spins: 10/5
Best week: Week 1 - $861,435
Best player: Melissa Perrigo - $159,040
$11 million passed: 4/11/22
*totals are based on the MSRP of the prizes on the tape day and rounded to the nearest dollar
Wenonah Washington, Miska Kajanus, Niabi Goyette, and Megan Bottoms play out the Friday show with a car entertainment system on offer. The $1100 system goes to Miska, who gets to install it in a Kia K5 LX... with $1500 from H&M and $3000 from Cozy Earth besides in MASTER KEY. He... gets NO keys.
Megan hopes to parlay a $1976 set of fitness equipment into a tour of Morocco (15d @ Exodus Travels) in RANGE GAME. She stops it at $14,574. The price.. $14,738, and she's just a bit short.
REx Chou gets a $630 pair of cameras. Next up, a refrigerator/freezer, an electric scooter, a Kate Spade accessories, and a PC. The DANGER PRICE is $2499. The scooter... guess what price it is.
Megan wins the first spot in the Showcase. Meanwhile, Jennifer Lass wins a $1605 turntable and a chance at a Nissan Sentra SV in DICE GAME. The first number is 2. She rolls a 1 (auto-high), a 6 (exacta), a 3 (higher), and a 5 (exacta). The actual price... $22,615.
Niabi gets off the schneid with a $793 inflatable jet with booster ball & tow rope. That goes well in Maine (6n @ Balance Rock Inn) if we have a winner in SIDE BY SIDE. Is it $6283 or $8362? Niabi goes with $8362... GOT IT!
Wenonah has one more go with a David Yurman jewelry set. The price: $2195. The winner.. Rita Morales, who gets to run for money in TIME IS MONEY. On offer...
- Daisy cottage cheese
- NatureMade vitamin C
- Kellogg's graham cracker crumbs
- Bumble Bee tuna
- Lemon Pledge
She goes cottage cheese and tuna low, graham cracker crumbs middle, and polish and vitamins high.. START THE CLOCK. She moves the cottage cheese to middle... STOP THE CLOCK! That's a $17,704 win! She adds on another $1000 on the Big Wheel as she meets Megan in...
... the FABULOUS SHOWCASES! First up, fun with fruit... and vegetables.
- Pickleball equipment
- Living room with 85" smart TV
- Tour of Blue Cave in Croatia (6n @ Vila Nepos)
Top winner Rita passes, and Megan bids $21,235. Rita has a grand old time with...
- $2000 cash money
- Trip to the Grand Canyon (5n @ Best WEstern Premier Canyon Squire Inn)
- Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
She bids $28,000. Actual price... $31,819, a difference of $3819. Actual price of Megan's Showcase... $24,275, a difference of $3040, and by $800 give or take, Megan wins a total of $26,251.
by Chico Alexander
Nick/Paramount+: Friday 8:30p/7:30C
Host: Jerry Trainor with Rama Vallury as "NICKY the AI Robot"
lacrosse & comic gamer
ROUND 1: Middlemost Post Particulars, The Last Earbender, Get Loud; The Good, The Bad and the Smurfy; Big Nate's Big World
- MIDDLEMOST POST PARTICULARS: Answer questions based on what you see for 100.
- GET LOUD: They're talking. You're listening.
- THE LAST EARBENDER: What are these Nicktoons doing for 100?
Fia leads with 400 to 300 for Landon and 200 for Alexis.
IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION: Memorize everything you see from this clip in "Kamp Koral". In total yards, how far did Sandy toss her anchor? Fia says 10, Alexis goes with 7, and Landon picks 75. Correct answer... 510! Landon leads with 500.
- LENI LOUD's LOOK BOOK: Look at these accessories and answer for 200.
- SPONGEBOB'S BUBBLE BURST: Identify these bubbles for 200.
Going into All the Answers, Fia retakes the lead with 800 to 500 for Landon and 600 for Alexis.
ALL THE ANSWERS are... hurricane, tamales, thunder, Libby, Amity PArk, Cynthia, cookies, Tentacle Acres, tornado, fries, Royal Woods, Debbie.
- Fia and Alexis are tied at 1600! to end the game!
TIEBREAKER: What is Eliza Thornberry's sister's name? Alexis fires with Debbie... for the win!
CLIMB OR SLIME: Alexis ends up getting one for $250.
|25 Words or Less
by Chico Alexander
Syn: Check local listings
Host: Meredith Vieira
|FIVE DAY CHAMPIONS
Erica & Courtney
Carmel, Roku TV, Belize, $20,000
|Charlie & Lynn