In Reruns Now:
Beat the Clock
Flea Market Flip
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2018 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|Back to the Kitchen
|Top Chef Jr. Season Premiere
by Chico Alexander
Universal Kids: Saturday 6p/5c
Host: Vanessa Lachey with Curtis Stone
The first season of Top Chef Jr. was a rousing success, so they're going to do it again. Another $50,000 is on the line as well as the title of Top Chef Jr.! Your season 2 hopefuls...
- Londyn: 11; Atlanta
- Ella: 13; Berwyn, PA
- Eric: 10, Spring, TX
- Kate: 12; Houston
- Rogers: 13; Corona, CA
- Tyler: 13; South River, NJ
- Nikki: 11; New York City
- Simon: 12; Los Angeles
- Olivia: 10; Long Valley, NJ
- Carson: 13; Ventura, CA
- Sophie: 13; New Orleans
And here's the first of over 25 challenges...
QUICKFIRE CHALLENGE: 30 minutes to make one perfect bite, which can only be made from ingredients that you can salvage from the buffet table that you just sampled. The good news is that if you win, you can't be sent home.
- Sophie: Honey Lemon Shrimp with Candied Apricots & Pecans
- Carson: Pesto-Toasted Bread with Fried Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Dijon Sauce
- Simon: Crispy Rice Patty, Crab & Cocoktail Sauce
- Olivia: Salmon & Caper Goat-Cheese Stuffed Baguette
- Kate: Strawbberry & Mushroom Crostini
Noah: Fried Prosciutto Grilled Cheese with Pesto Mustard Sauce
- Tyler: Seared Potatoes with Lettuce, Tomato & Ground Beef
- Ella: Oyster on Rice with Caramelized Lemon & Pineapple Tomato Salsa
- Nikki: Shrimp with Pineapple Kumquat Relish
- Eric: Almond-Crusted Fried Crab on Pita with Honey Bell Pepper Pesto
- Londyn: Pineapple & Soy Shrimp with Tomato, Roasted Pecan & Radish
- Rogers: Roasted Bell Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Crostini
ELIMINATION CHALLENGE: You're making food for the Top Chef Jr. Food Festival. You'll have 1 hour 30 minutes to cook your dish.
- Tyler: Meatball Parmesan Sliders with Melted Cheese on Toasted Garlic Bread
- Noah: Chipotle Coffee-Rubbed NY Strip, Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus
Ella: SMoked Paprika-Rubbed Ribeye, Cauliflower PUree & Portabella Mushroom
- Simon: Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich with Blue Cheese Coleslaw & PEpper Sauce
Sophie: Mushroom & Pork Pierogi with Mushroom & Cream Sauce
- Londyn: Grilled Lamb, Inespple Mango Coleslaw, Red Wine Cherry Sauce
- Eric: Creamy Shrimp Rolls, Spicy "Homemade" Potato Chips
Rogers: Deep-Fried Plantain with Mango-Jicama Sauce
- Nikki: Ricotta-Fried Wonton with Brown-Butter Sauce
JUDGES TABLE: Joining Vanessa and Curtis this week
are Tiffany Derry and Richard Blais. Each week, a chef that is up for elimination will
get to open an envelope with a message inside. If it says
"Safe", you are safe. If it says "eliminated", you're out. There
are only THREE saves in the entire competition.
- Sophie, Olivia, Simon and Eric... are all SAFE. They served
the favorite dishes of the night. WINNER: ERIC. As a prize, he is invited to join Richard on his podcast, Starving for Attention.
ELIMINATED: Tyler. He opens his envelope... and it's time for him to
"pack your knives and go".
| America Says
by Chico Alexander
GSN: Friday 5p/4c
Host: John Michael Higgins
Jake, Vanessa, Lauren, Amy
Liane, Delaney, Nick, Christina
- Salon: I moved in with my boyfriend and now we have two (B, C, C, D, K, T, T). They get cats, dogs, cars, kids, and beds. The Glampers pick up TVs, but not toothbrushes.
- Glampers: I (A, C, F, S, S, TU, W) so much when I was pregnant. They uncover cried, farted, and ate. The Salon team gets slept, but leaves threw up, weighed, and sweat to go to 600 to the Glampers' 400.
- Salon: My favorite fictional captain is Captain (A, C, H, JS, K, K, M). They score on Jack Sparrow, America, Kangaroo, Crunch, and Morgan (C-Note: who, by the way, is real). The Glampers clear the board wtih Hook and Kirk.
- Glampers: My kid goes nuts every time a (B, FT, GT, ICT, L, M, S) drives by. They get ice cream truck, fire truck, bus, and motorcycle. The Salon squad ends up with garbage truck and limo, but not a semi to go to 2000 to the Glampers' 1600.
- Salon: I look really good in a (B, C, D, H, S, T, U). They uncover bikini, dress, and hat. The Glampers steal tuxedo, suit, and uniform. No one steal convertible. Salon team still leads, 2900 to 2500.
- Glampers (2 stays in the game, 5 wins): My teenage daughter never wants me to look in her (C, D, D, E, P, P, R). They get purse, room, and drawers to go to 3400. The Salon team needs two to win. They get diary and phone to win, 3500 to 3400! The other answers: closet and eyes.
- Q1: (A) is below the equator - Australia
- Q2: I always smile when I see (D, P) waddle - ducks, penguins
- Q3: I always put a (C, F, JB) in my child's lunchbox - fruit, juice box, SKIP
- Q4: When I think of things you swing, I think of (A, B, GC, R) - bats, rackets, TIME on axes and golf clubs.
Back to Q3 for a moment... and cookies.
|BattleBots: Fight Night
by Chico Alexander
Discovery: Friday 8p/7C
Hosts: Chris Rose & Kenny Florian with Jessica Chobot & Faruq Tauheed
Judges: Derek Young, Naomi Kyle, Mark Setrakian
||Last week, a fight to rule the world went 3-2 to the USA. Now it's all about building a record to the knockout round.
Roboteers: Ian Lewis & Simon Scott
Roboteers: Jeff Vasquez/Fast Electric Robots
Newbury Park, CA
In the last three weeks, Warhead has not lost a single match. Will Whiplash change that after a stinging defeat at the hands of Tombstone?
WINNER BY KNOCKOUT: WHIPLASH (2:09). And Warhead is undefeated no more!
Roboteer: Tom Bales/Euclid Robotics
Roboteer: Tim Bouwens
Last time we saw Mohawk's pincer, it lost to Sawblaze. Tonight, it hopes to give Reality a reality check.
WINNER BY KNOCKOUT: REALITY (2:48)
Roboteer: Gary Gin
Roboteer: Rob Farrow/Western Allied Robotics
Both bots are coming off of big wins. Who'll notch up their next?
WINNER BY UNANIMOUS DECISION: WAR HAWK
| Witch Doctor
Roboteers: Andrea Suarez
Miami Springs, FL
Roboteer: Charles Guan/Team JACD
Last month around this time, Witch Doctor had the win, while Overhaul had the loss. Will history repeat?
WINNER BY KNOCKOUT: WITCH DOCTOR (1:20)
And now, ladies and gentlemen... THE MAIN EVENT!
Roboteer: Jerry Clarkin
Marco Antonio Meggiolaro
Rio de Janeiro
Subzero is looking to avenge a loss against Red Devil by taking it out on the mighty Minotaur.
WINNER BY KNOCKOUT: MINOTAUR (2:53)
by Chico Alexander & Jason Block
CBS: Sunday 8p/7c
Host: Julie Chen
||THE STORY SO FAR! Scottie was evicted before he could get used to being back in the house, leaving the status quo in place. Meanwhile, Kaycee beat back Brett for HOH. She would do best to tread lightly, because this week is a Double Eviction... but no one knows that yet.
With Scottie and Faysal in the jury, Haleigh is an army of one. Tyler is getting way too close to Angela for JC & Brett's liking. And Sam? She's in the crosshairs of Kaycee and Angela, who believe that their best game move now is to nominate her AND Haleigh for eviction.
Brett talks to Sam about being a pawn and remaining calm if asked to be one. Kaycee says to Sam that Haleigh is the next target... meaning that she's going to go home this week.
ELSEWHERE in the house, season 18 winner Nicole Franzel has returned to the house to host what she thinks is a "Luxury Competition"... and yet there are no houseguests to play it, because everyone is in the HOH room. All of a sudden, here comes Victor Arroyo, her boyfriend from season 18... with a ring. He isn't. Is he? Jesus, he is. Time to go to friend of the site Jenna for her take:
"So I really want to watch Victor propose to Nicole? Thought it was lame when Jeff & Jordan did it... and Tyler has lost some steam, you know, since Angela got him by the balls."
True on both accounts. And here to surprise the new couple... all-stars Derrick Levasseur, Paul Abrahamian, Josh Martinez, Britney Haynes, and Daniele Donato... and the remains of this year's motley crew.
That's pretty much the highlight of the week, so we go into...
NOMINATION CEREMONY #12
- MARKED FOR EVICTION: Haleigh Broucher, Sam Bledsoe
|TKO: Total Knock Out
by Chico Alexander
CBS: Friday 8p/7c
Host: Kevin Hart
||So far the time to beat is 4:14. Beat that, and you're in the Battle Royale for $100,000
pro parkour athlete
obscure sports champion
|Cory "Sauce" Brown
Heber City, UT
Muay Thai boxer
Each week, five people will challenge the course, which is divided into four zones, each with its own peril - and an opponent looking to capitalize on said peril by launching their own weapons at you.
- Zone 1 is a set of panes to walk on... while being pelted by a ball gun.
- Zone 2 is the "Unbalanced Beam", a wavy balance beam you have to cross while being hit with oversized flying discs.
- Zone 3 is a trio of tipping towers you have to cross while being hit with spike balls.
- Zone 4 is a rotating beam you have to cross while being hit with a set of oversized slammers.
Fall once in a zone, it's a Knockout, and you have to go back and try again. Fall twice, it's a Total Knockout, and you have to move to the next zone with a 1 minute penalty. However, you can gain 90 seconds back by grabbing the Time Capsule in Zone 4. Time is money in the game of TKO, because you win cash depending on how fast you are to the final bell:
2nd place: $5000
3rd place: $2500
4th place: $1000
5th place: NOTHING!
- Mina: 2 TKOs (zones 3 & 4) - 6:14
- Mark: 2 TKOs (Zones 1 & 4) - 6:02 (guaranteed $1000)
- Lorena: 2 TKOs (Zones 2 & 4) - 5:51 (guaranteed $1000)
- Brandon: PERFECT RUN - 2:06 (guaranteed $5000)
- Sauce: 2 TKOs (Zones 3 & 4) - 4:55
Forget the $50,000 for a moment.. because Brandon just became the favorite to win the whole thing!