In Reruns Now:
Beat the Clock
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2019 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
|Now... Where Were We?
|Funny You Should Ask Season Premiere
by Chico Alexander
Syn: Check local listings
Host: Jon Kelley
||Back for a laugh or two is season 3 of the game where every question has a funny answer.
former operations manager for fitness facility
"Coming to the Stage"
producer of this show
"Best Ever Trivia Show"
ROUND 1: Questions still worth $100. Matias won the toss, so he gets to gauge Jon, Louie, and Jodi, getting one right for $100. Rozen gets Sherri, Byron, and Jamie, judging the top row correctly for $200.
ROUND 2: Questions are still worth $200 a piece. We swap the sides, meaning Rozen goes first with Jon, Louie, and Jodi. She gets two for $400, $600 total. Matias, left with the other three, sweeps for a total of $700 and the lead.
ROUND 3: Rozen trails by $100, so she goes first. She has $1200 to $1000, so he has to get this last question to Jamie right in order to win. The question: True or false: a museum in Vienna has created a funeral set with Lego to help teach children about death. Jamie says true. Matias goes right... and wins the game, $1300 to $1200!
BONUS ROUND: All you need is three for $5000.
- Q1: Which of the following may cause you to take your clothes off and try to get into tight spaces: hypothermia, tuberculosis, or tequila? He goes with hypothermia... That's one.
- Q2: When a person is obsessed with eating healthy food, it's known as... palorexia, orthorexia, monorexia, or ... (Louie: "Ridiculous.")? He says orthorexia... then changes to monorexia. Should've went with your instinct. Still, $1300 will buy a very durable blender.
| Jeopardy! Season Premiere
by Chico Alexander
Syn/YesTV: 7:30p/6:30c; also check listings
Host: Alex Trebek with Jimmy McGuire, Kelly Miyahara & Sarah
||It's been a long, hot summer. Even longer and hotter if your name is Jason Zuffranieri and you have six games under your belt. But now he has the honor of kicking off another great season of America's favorite quiz - the last one under the watch of our friend Harry Friedman. But enough about the future. Welcome to here, welcome to now, welcome... to season 36!
|SIX DAY CHAMPION
Colorado Springs, CO
|Victor C. Li
advanced analytics developer
First of all, congratulations to Alex for recently finishing with his chemotherapy and being "on the mend" enough to host this season. Here's to a continued recovery! Now... Y'ALL READY TO WORK? LET'S WORK!
JEOPARDY! ROUND: Motor Trend Car of the Year, Health Watch, Parts of Speeches, From Page to Screen, Kitchen Origins, Greek & Latin Prefixes.
Jason kicks off the new season with $1000 Parts of Speeches, finding the Daily Double under $1000 From Page to Screen. With a $2600 lead, he goes for $2700 on this: Emma Stone played aspiring writer Skeeter Phelan in this'60s-set film based on the novel of the same name? "What is 'On the Road'?" ... Not it, it was "The Help", leaving him with $700. He ends up recovering with $5500 at the half to Holly's $3000. Victor on $400 gets the board to start...
DOUBLE JEOPARDY!: Broadway Musicals by Character, The 1820s, World Currency, Last Name Flow-Togethers, Jack London, The "Bean" Stalk
... with $2000 World Currency. Jason finds the first Daily Double under $1600 The 1820s. He wagers $4000 of his $8100 lead on this: in 1828 explorer René Caillié became the first European to visit this city now in central Mali & to survive to tell the tale. "What is Timbuktu?" GOOD for $16,700! He also finds the other under $1200 World Currency. He wagers $2500 American on this: in 2018, its pres. Erdogan urged his people to take euros & dollars from under their pillows & convert them to native lira. "What is Turkey?" He's got it for $26,400! He ends up with $29,600. With Holly on $7800 to Victor's $400, it's the champ's game to lose.
FINAL JEOPARDY! in "Biblical Archaeology": a site excavated since 1899, Tell es-Safi has been identified as this Philistine city, home to a giant warrior. Correct response: what is Gath?
We're kicking this one off rough as no one gets it. Ill matter anyway, as Jason wins another $29,200, giving him a seven-day tally of $166,500.
|Wheel of Fortune Season Premiere
by Jason Block
Hosts: Pat Sajak & Vanna White
Total for Today - $78,480
Total for Week 1- $78,480
Total for the Season: $78,480
Bonus Win Percentage: 1/1
Bonus Round Losses Cash:
Bonus Round Losses Cars:
Toss Up Sweeps/Group Misses:
Mystery Round Prizes hit/won/lost:
Car Wins: 1
$1,000,000 Wedge Hit/Offered/Used/Lost: 0/1/0/0
Wild Cards Hit/Offered/Used/Lost: 0/1/0/0
Express Wedge Hit/Used/Crashes:
Bonus Prize Wedges hit/won/lost: 1/1/0
$2,500 Space Hit -
$3,500 Space Hit - 2
$5,000 Space Hit -
Bankrupt Space Hit - 1
Lose A Turn Hit - 1
A - E- 1 I - O- U
Missed solves -
Repeated a letter/vowel -
Perfect Rounds: 1
House Minimums - 1
Gift Tags hit/won/lost:
Free Play Hit:
$6,000 FINAL SPINS: 0/1
Left on the Table: $16,400
Red Podium Win -
Yellow Podium Win - 1
Blue Podium Win -
M : 1
BONUS CATEGORIES SELECTED:(offered/picked/win/lose)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? -
SHOW BIZ -
LIVING THING(s) -
IN THE KITCHEN -
FOOD & DRINK -
FUN & GAMES -
ON THE MAP -1/1/1/0
AROUND THE HOUSE -
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
Welcome back to another season of recaps of Wheel of Fortune. I am Jason Block and a few things to address. The bonus round minimum increases to $37,000 and this is the final season of Harry Friedman as Executive Producer. Mike Richards takes over in 12 months time. But that is in the future! This is now and we start off with Day 1 of Teacher's Week!
The $1,000 Tossup is WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Dan Adams is TEACHING OUR KIDS. He is a 34 year veteran 4th grade teacher. He hosts Game Show Night at his school. Chriseni Pulse from Clarksville, TN is a 17 yr 1st grade teacher. She is married with 3 girls! Rachel Surbah is a newlywed from Raleigh, NC. She is a 5th grade Language Arts Teacher and Cheer Coach.
The $2,000 Tossup is THING. Rachel has $2,000 with PERMISSION SLIP. We add this to the wheel - a World Strides Trip to Costa Rica worth $7,500! It's PHRASE. She picks up the Costa Trip with a $500 H. She dominates and has the first perfect round of the new season with WE'RE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER for a total of $12,350 in cash and prizes! She has $14,350 in cash and prizes! We move on to....
The Gold Bond Ultimate Mystery round which is started by Dan. It's our crossword round round with the clue of SCHOOL _____. There are four words that fit the clue. He hits Lose a Turn. Chriseni misses on the $3,500 Space. Rachel solves BOARD ZONE BUS SUPPLIES for $600 which we bump to the house minimum of $1,000 per single player. She has $15,350 in cash and prizes!
The Prize Puzzle/Express Wedge round which is started by Chriseni. It's LIVING THINGS. She misses. Rachel hits the first Bankrupt of the Season. Dan misses and E. Chriseni hits a $3,500 N. She misses on the Gift Tag. Rachel solves BLOOMING SHAMROCKS for $2,300 and her second trip to Ireland! She is going to Ireland courtesy of Club Adventure powered by AAA Exclusive Vacations worth $10,000! She has $27,650 in cash and two trips!
The third tossup round is our new wrinkle in Season 37. It's called the TRIPLE TOSSUP. We have three tossup puzzles and each will be in the same category. All three players are eligible. Each puzzle is worth $2,000. The person who gets the third puzzle will start the next round. Dan gets HAMBURGERS & FRENCH FRIES along with SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS for $4,000 total. He has $5,000. Rachel starts this round because she adds $2,000 to her total with PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY. She has $29,650 in cash and prizes. She starts FUN & GAMES and leads us into a FINAL SPIN worth $1,500 a letter. Chriseni finally gets on the board with TALENT SHOW IN THE AUDITORIUM. She leaves with $1,500 in cash! Dan leaves with $5,000. This was Rachel's night and is the first person in the bonus round with $29,650 in cash and prizes including her trips to Ireland and Costa Rica!
The pre-bonus round total is $36,150. Rachel picks ON THE MAP over THING and PHRASE.
Rachel lands on the M in AMERICA'S Wedge. With the RSTLNE and her choices of M D C O we have:
_ O _ S E
_ D _ _ O
This will play in BOISE IDAHO. One show, one bound round win and one 2020 Ford Edge SUV in her driveway worth $42,330! That means Rachel leaves with cash, an SUV and two trips worth $71,980! What a way to start the season!
| America Says
by Chico Alexander
Host: John Michael Higgins
Denise, Joel, Karen, Mario
Gabi, Sara, Rachelle, Elizabeth
Quick note before we begin - "America Says" enters syndication next Monday, so if you missed any of season 2, you can catch it on your local station.
- Junk Foodies: Yuck! Don't kiss me after you've just eaten (C, F, G, H, J, O, S). They eat garlic, onions, fish, jalapeno, sardines, and horseradish. The Life Coaches can't come up with clams.
- Life Coaches: Oh no! I caccidentally left my (CC, K, L, P, S, S, W) on the roof of my car! They leave their coffee cup, keys, and phone. The Junk Foodies steal wallet and soda, but miss sunglasses and lunch to go to 800 to the Life Coaches' 300.
- Junk Foodies: When I think of something that jumps, I think of a (C, F, F,K, M, R, S). They jump on kangaroo, frog, rabbit, and monkey. The Life Coaches can't come up wtih cricket, spider, or flea.
- Life Coaches: My favorite TV show with a character name in the title is (D, F, GA, ILL, M, MP, S). They turn on Seinfel, Grey's Anatomy, and I Love Lucy. The Junk Foodies add Frasier, but not Magnum PI, Dexter, or MacGyver to go to 1800 to 900 for the Life Coaches.
- Junk Foodies: My psychich said there was a lot of (C, F, GF, H, L, M, T) in my future. They score on money, love, good fortune, happiness, change, trouble, and fame to win, 6900-900! Nice!
- Q1: It's hard to (H) in high heels: Hike
- Q2: If you're planning a party, make sure you make a (G, S) list: Guest, SKIP!
- Q3: When I was a teenager, I made money taking care of my neighbor's (L, P, C): Lawn, Pets, Children
- Q4: If I were a rock star, I'd have a (C, HT, MT, T): Hot Tub... and time on chef, massage therapist, and trainer.
Back to Q2, and they were missing shopping.
|American Ninja Warrior
by Chico Alexander
Hosts: Matt Iseman & Akbar Gbaja-Biamila with Zuri Hall
So far, 28 ninjas have completed Stage 1 in Las Vegas. Now they're one step closer to the cash, the glory, and the ultimate title of American Ninja Warrior.
The LAS VEGAS National Finals course consists of four stages of increasing difficulty. Stage 2 consists of seven more grueling obstacles. Contestants have 3 minutes to finish.
- GIANT WALK THE PLANK - Like the original obstacle, this involves a rope at the start to reach the plant, which are bigger and longer than the original.
- EXTENSION LADDER - A new Salmon Ladder with two wall sets and a transition, but one of the walls has pegs at the top. In order to reach the other, you'll have to use those sets of pegs.
- Snap Back
- SWING SURFER - Just like last time, but the rope has removed and the wall has ledges.
- GRIM SWEEPER - three sickle-shaped blades you must transfer yourself across.
- Water Walls
Dave Cavanagh, Mathis "Kid" Owhadi, Michael Torres, and Karson Voiles still have a Safety Pass that can be used in exchange for an extra life. Of the four, Kid dropped out on the Grim Sweeper, Karson fell on Snap Back, and Dave failed the Giant Walk the Plank. Michael, on the other hand, cleared the stage, rendering his Safety Pass null and void.
Kid and Karson cleared the course... but Dave dropped at the Extension Ladder.
THROUGH TO STAGE 3
- Daniel Gil (1:05.57 seconds remaining)
- Josh Salinas (1:03.80)
- Tyler Smith (1:02.67)
- Ethan Swanson (54.60)
- Joe Moravsky (48.07)
- Karsten Williams (36.38)
- Tyler Gillett (36.32)
- Drew Drechsel (35.34)
- Kevin Carbone (31.56)
- Adam Rayl (30.80)
- Hunter Guerard (28.94)
- Chris DiGangi (28.36)
- Casey Suchocki (24.03)
- Lucas Reale (23.73)
- Ryan Stratis (16.31)
- Seth Rogers (15.27)
- Michael Torres (11.86)
- RJ ROman (11.81)
- Mathis "Kid" Owhadi (11.53) - SAFETY PASS USED
- Karson Voiles (9.72) - SAFETY PASS USED
- Nate Burkhalter (1.96)
Next week, the 21 remaining ninjas face the epic conclusion of this year's tournament.
| Common Knowledge
by Chico Alexander
Host: Joey Fatone
Kristin, Jason, Bridget
Latoia, Xandrea, Kimberly
ROUND 1 Categories: At the Gym, The Backyard, Fashion, Staying Healthy
Going into the back end, the Festive Parents lead, 10-0. They pick The Backyard - Which of the following makes a great garden mulch: a) beer cans b) wine corks c) red Solo cups? They all say B... they're right for 80. Over to the Super Moms at the Gym - For most people, walking 10,000 steps per day is about the same as walking how many miles: a) two b) five c) seven? They say B.. They're right to trail, 90-80.
ROUND 2 Categories: Beauty Tips, Family Pets, Good Eats, Science
No commonalities this round, as the Festive Parents lead, 170-160.
WRITE-IN ROUND: America, Business, Sports, Holidays
- Super Moms: HOLIDAYS - What is the first US federal holiday of the year? They say New Year's Day... RIGHT for 200.
- Festive Parents: BUSINESS - What craft shopping website got its name when the founder mishead some Italian dialogue in a Fellini film? They say "Etsy"... Another 200!
- Super Moms: SPORTS - In a Grand Slam singles tennis match, what is the minimum number of games you must win in order to win a set? They say 5... to the Festive Parents, who have 4. It's 6.
- Festive Parents: AMERICA to win - Which of the compass directions does not appear in the name of a US state? They say "east"... GOOD to win, 770-360.
BONUS ROUND: Bridget gets one, but doesn't know that there's an actual course in TREE CLIMBING that you can earn a credit in at Cornell. Jason is one-and-done when he doesn't know that BEES are kept in an apiary. Kristin doesn't know that velaterapia is the process of using a candle to help repair SPLIT ENDS.
| So You Think You Can Dance
by Chico Alexander
Host: Cat Deeley with Laurieann Gibson, Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy & Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval
Last week, favorites Madison Jordan and Ezra Sosa were eliminated, leaving Gino, Bailey, Sophie, and Mariah to perform one more night for America's vote. Who will leave it all on the line in advance of next week's grand finale?
Tonight on a special two-hour episode, each dancer will perform one solo and two pairs dances - one with a contestant and one with an all-star. That's a lot of dancing, but two hours is a lot of time. Voting opens after the show via phone, text, and through the Fox Now app. You're allowed 20 votes per method.
We start with a group number inspired by the upcoming theatrical release of "Cats", choreographed by Mandy Moore.
ROUND 1: Duets.
- Sophie Pittman & Gino Cosculluela: JAZZ to "All Nite Sander Kleinenberg's Everybody's Club Mix)" by Janet Jackson, choreographed by Ray Leeper. Mary thought Sophie was unbelievable. D-Trix agreed, but he was waiting for a kiss. Because of course he was. Laurieann loved how they "fearlessly attacked" it. Nigel thought the "primitive chemistry" was brilliant.
- Mariah Russell & Bailey Munoz: JAZZ to "16 Tons" by LeAnn Rimes, choreographed by Jonathan Redavid. D-Trix was blown away. Laurieann thinks they'll inspire anyone. Nigel thinks Bailey had the biggest journey of the season. Mary thought Mariah was amazing and full of soul.
Gino breaks with a solo CONTEMPORARY performance to "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" by Andrea Faustini.
ROUND 2: All-Star Duets.
- Sophie & All-Star Marko Germar: CONTEMPORARY to "90 Days" by Pink featuring Wrabel, choreographed by Talia Favia. Laurieann called it a "world-changer". Nigel praises her strength. Mary thought she was "peaking at just the right time". D-Trix says it's her best performance of the season.
- Bailey & All-Star Comfort Fedoke: HIP HOP to "Tell Me When to Go" by E-40 featuring Keak Da Sneak, choreographed by Luther Brown. Nigel thought it was genius with light and shade. Mary says it "couldn't get any further down in the pocket". D-Trix thought he "did it correct".
Sophie's CONTEMPORARY solo is to "Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding.
Now let's switch it up...
ROUND 3: Partner Swap
- Mariah & Gino: QUICKSTEP to "Bad Boy Good Man" by Tape Five featuring Henrik Wager, choreographed by Artem Chigvintsev & Sharna Burgess. Mary thought it was respestable. D-Trix liked it despite the difficulty. Laurieann loves them together. Nigel thought they brought it home.
- Sophie & Bailey: BOLLYWOOD to "Butterfly" by Pritam, choreographed by Nakul Dev Mahajan. D-Trix says "great job". Laurieann liked the storytelling, but got lost in details. Nigel seems to remember them doing better. Mary thought there was no attention to detail.
Mariah's CONTEMPORARY solo is to "If You Let Me" by Sinead Harnett featuring GRADES.
Back to All-Stars.
- Gino & All-Star Melanie Moore: CONTEMPORARY to "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi, choreographed by Jaci Royal. Laurieann, who's been praying for Gino to lower his guard, says he's limitless. Nigel thinks he's broken through. D-Trix says Gino showing his vulnerability is a win in and of itself.
Bailey performs a B-BOY solo to "Don't Touch Me (Throw Da Water On 'Em)" by Busta Rhymes.
- Mariah & All-Star Robert Roldan: CONTEMPORARY to "Grey" by Ani DiFranco, choreographed by Mandy Moore. Nigel she Mariah has amazing talent. Mary calls it dance heaven. D-Trix says it was wonderful. Laurieann wants her to own her victory on the stage, all but crowning her the winner.
Next up... another swap.
ROUND 4: Partner Swap 2
- Gino & Bailey: BROADWAY DANCE to "The Girl From Ipanema" by Nat "King" Cole & Gregory Porter, choreograped by Al Blackstone. Nigel thinks that this is the best top 4, and Mary is ready to board the HOT TAMALE TRAIN! (HOT TAMALE COUNT: 3).
- Mariah & Sophie: HIP-HOP to "Sally Walker" by Iggy Azalea, choreographed by Luther Brown. D-Trix loved the "bench twerking". Laurieann loved the "shadiness" and "ratchetness". Nigel thought it was incredibly. Mary thought they brought the whole house down.
And now it's in your hands, America. Who is your favorite dancer? We'll find out... NEXT WEEK!