In Reruns Now:
Beat the Clock
Funny You Should Ask
Just Like Mom & Dad
Let's Make a Deal
The Price Is Right
Some game logo captures appear
courtesy of Mike Klauss and Jay Lewis
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2018 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
| Family Feud Season Premiere
by Jason Huhn
Syn/YesTV: 3p/4c; also check listings
Host: Steve Harvey
||Year 20 of the Family Feud begins with...
Chaurita, Jeremy, Elizabeth, Tanisha, Kristian
Mike, Erika, Chris, Travis, Ben
This season, the car awarded for a 5-day sweep is a 2019 Toyota C-HR.
SINGLE: You're in a cemetery. You see somebody crawling out of a grave. What do you do?
1. Run!/Leave 50 5. Video/Boomerang it 5
2. Scream 11 6. Just watch 5
3. Call 911 7 7. Faint 4
4. Help out/Lend hand 6
SINGLE: The good news is you got a really cheap airplane ticket. The bad news is that plane hasn't got what on it?
1. Seats 31 5. Wings 8
2. Bathrooms 28 6. Engine/Propellers 3
3. Food/Drinks 12 7. Seat belts 2
4. Pilot/Crew 11 8. Fuel 2
DOUBLE: 100 women, if your man had a mating call, what animal would it sound like?
1. Wolf 25 5. Bird/Turkey 9
2. Monkey/Ape 14
3. Lion 11
4. Dog/Chihuahua 10
TRIPLE: Something a kid goes downhill on.
1. Sled/Sleigh 62
2. Bike 19
3. A hill/slope...duh! 4
4. Skateboard 4
Beards win again.
Gaines win it.
FAST MONEY: Ben & Chris play the first round of the new season. Ben gets two #1s for 150. Chris cleans up for $20,000, $40,000 for two.
Fast Money #1 answrs:
- 100 men, the worst thing to be wearing one size too tight: underwear (Ben)
- Someone who rarely compliments you: spouse/mate (Chris)
- The age when kids stop being afraid of the dark: age 10
- Something that's between your cheeks: mouth/lips (Ben)
- Fill in the blank: April _____: showers
In the nightcap, the Campbells meet new Friends. Two Campbell ladies are blind as bats on the first survey, but they got the pouints either way.
TRIPLE: Something in a town that might be crooked
1. Mayor/Gov't 46
2. The roads 20
3. Police/Sheriff 14
4. A sign/street sign 6
Friends do win on Family Feud.
Michael & Brittany make friends with $20,000 in Fast Money.
| Jeopardy! Season Premiere
by Chico Alexander
Syn/YesTV: 7:30p/6:30c; also check listings
Host: Alex Trebek with Jimmy McGuire, Kelly Miyahara & Sarah
||It's the 35th year for America's favorite non-cell-phone related quiz show! Our boy Rick has had six weeks to prepare for today. Let's see how he gets on.
| TWO DAY CHAMPION
aspiring English teacher
senior legislative assistant
MD & PhD student
Besides Alex's "Most Interesting Man in the World" beard, expect a lot of surprises in this landmark season. But you'll find out about those soon enough. For now, let's go to work...
JEOPARDY! ROUND: US Open 50 Years, Exercising: Your Options, Famous Threesomes, "In" the Dictionary, His Widow Lived On, Our State Looks Up to You
Rick gets the first pick of season 35 with $200 His Widow Lived On. At the TV timeout, Caitlin leads with $3200 to $2600 for Rick. Isaac has $1000.
Rick finds the Daily Double under $800 Famous Threesomes. He fronts his own threesome, 3 racks, on this: their names are Melchior, Balthasar & Gaspar. "Who are the 3 Wise Men?" Or the Magi, either is right for $8000. At the half, the champ is on $9000 to $4200 for Caitlin. Isaac on $2400 will get the board to start...
DOUBLE JEOPARDY!: Back to Basics, History, Business, The Movies, Literature, Colleges East of the Mississippi from K to Q.
... with the first Daily Double under $1200 Business. He goes all-in on this: aftera $26 billion merger in 2016, this business website might keep nagging Microsoft to update its resume. "What is LinkedIn?" FOR THE DOUBLER, $4800! Isaac also finds the other under $800 Colleges East of the Mississippi from K to Q. He wagers $5000 on this: it's about a 50-mile drive from Penn to this over Ivy League school that fits the category. "What is Princeton?" That's right... but he said "Columbia" to drop to $2600. He ends up with that much to Caitlin's $7800. But with $20,200, the game is Rick's to lose.
The next surprise: for the first time, Jeopardy! will be played in TEAMS! Visit Jeopardy.com for more info on Jeopardy!'s All-Star Games to be held in February 2019!
FINAL JEOPARDY! in "The Southern Hemisphere": to set a record for longest solo journey by kayak, 2010 miles, Helen Skelton traveled through this nation for a month. Correct response: what is Brazil?
Everyone's right, as Rick wins another $20,200, giving him $60,000 for three.
|Wheel of Fortune Season Premiere
by Jason Block
Hosts: Pat Sajak & Vanna White
|Total for Today -
Total for Week 1 -$74,956
Total for the Season: $74,956
Bonus Win Percentage: 1/1
Toss Up Sweeps/Group Misses:
Mystery Round Prizes hit/won/lost:
Car Wins: 1
1/2 Car Wedges hit/lost/total wins:
$1,000,000 Wedge Hit/Offered/Used/Lost: 1/1/0/0
Wild Cards Hit/Offered/Used/Lost: 0/1/0/0
Express Wedge Hit/Used/Crashes: 1/1/0
Bonus Prize Wedges hit/won/lost: 1/0/1
$2,500 Space Hit -
$3,500 Space Hit -
$5,000 Space Hit -
Bankrupt Space Hit - 4
Lose A Turn Hit - 1
O - 1
Missed solves - 1
Gift Tags hit/won/lost:
Free Play Hit: 1
$6,000 FINAL SPINS: 0/1
Bankrupt Losses: $14,950
Left on the Table: $10,550
Red Podium Win
Yellow Podium Win - 1
Blue Podium Win
BONUS CATEGORIES SELECTED:(offered/picked/win/lose)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? -
SHOW BIZ -
LIVING THING(s) -1/0/0/0
IN THE KITCHEN -1/1/1/0
FOOD & DRINK
FUN & GAMES -
ON THE MAP -
AROUND THE HOUSE -
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
|Jason Block here for Game Show News Net! It's the 36th Season Premiere week and Day 1 of "Teacher's Week!" Will there be more than just the $36,000 bonus round minimum increase? Let's find out!
The $1,000 Tossup is WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Georgeanne misses and Mitch Hino from Beaumont, CA solves INSPIRING YOUNG MINDS. He is married for 23 years and 3 kids. He is a middle school robotics teacher. Christina Heitnein is a 5th grade STEM teacher at an Air Force Base. She taught in Abu Dhabi and is married with 4 kids. Georgeanne Gednie from San Diego teaches special ed for an elementary school and was teacher of the year for San Diego.
The $2,000 Tossup is RHYME TIME. Georgeanne has $2,000 with STUDY BUDDY. She will start the first round but we add a WorldStrides trip to France worth $9,100. She starts PHRASE and hits Lose a Turn. Mitch loses $1,200 on Bankrupt. So does Christina. Georgeanne loses $3,200 on Bankrupt. Mitch hits Lose a Turn. Christina solves DIDN'T YOU LEARN THIS LAST YEAR? for the house minimum of $1,000. Everyone has cash!
The Consumer Cellular Mystery Round is started by Mitch. It's BEFORE & AFTER. He misses on the 1/2 Car. Christina picks up the France trip with an S. She hits a $1,000 N on the mystery wedge but doesn't risk that and her trip on the wedge but loses the trip and $1,450 on a very crappy Bankrupt. Georgeanne hits the MDW with 2 P's, and 2 $500 Free Play C's and solves SNAP CRACKLE POP QUIZ for $1,000 and the MDW. She has $3,000!
The Prize Puzzle/Express Wedge Round is started by Christina. It's EVENTS. She hits Lose A Turn. Georgeanna misses the solve. Mitch misses a vowel(O). Christina hits a $1,000 Express Wedge D and hops on. We start with 2 $1,000 N's, a $1,000 V, a U, a $1,000 S, an I, a $1,000 G, a $1,000 M, and a $1,000 Z. Christina reads AMAZING ADVENTURES for $7,600 and is going on of those to Barbados! She is staying at the Treasure Beach(part of the Elegant Hotels Group) worth $8,766! She has $17,366 in cash and prizes!
The $3,000 Tossup is ON THE MAP. Mitch has $4,000 with LAKE ONTARIO. He starts THING. We go right into a FINAL SPIN worth $1,700 a letter. Mitch solves SILENT READING TIME for $5,100 and leaves with $9,100 in cash. Georgeanne didn't get a chance to use the MDW, but leaves with $3,000 in cash! Christina is our first winner of Season 36 with $17,366 in cash and prizes including her trip to Barbados!
The pre-bonus round total is $29,466. Christina makes the first choice of Season 36 for her bonus round categories and it is IN THE KITCHEN over THING and LIVING THINGS.
Christina lands on the P in SPIN wedge. With the RSTLNE and her choices of P H G O we have:
_ _ _ _ N G
_ I S H E S
Christina wasted no time in bringing out her BAKING DISHES. She can bring them home in her 2019 Lincoln MKC SUV worth $45,490! She leaves with $62,856 in cash and prizes including her SUV and her trip to Barbados!
| Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Season Premiere
by Don Harpwood
Syn: check local listings
Host: Chris Harrison
It's a new season, with a new look for the logo and new graphics this time around. In addition, they're celebrating the fact that they'll have given away over $100 million throughout the show's syndicated run by the end of the season. In terms of gameplay, it's the same as it's been for the last few seasons: 14 questions, 3 lifelines (Ask the Audience, 50:50, Plus One), and $1 million for anyone who can correctly answer all 14.
Malcolm Brooks (Pensacola, FL) is up first; he hopes to do better than his brother, Hannibal, who missed his $50,000 question and left with $5,000 on the Dec. 11, 2017 episode. Malcolm sweeps the first 5, then eventually, he calls on his dad, Larry, at $20,000, before asking the audience and using the 50:50 at $30,000. He then sees this...
The Beach Boys' 1968 song "Never Learn Not to Love" was a re-working of "Cease to Exist," written by what notorious aspiring folk singer?
A: Ted Kaczynski
B: Charles Manson
C: James Earl Ray
D: Jim Jones
Malcolm recalls A being the Unabomber, but doesn't remember anything about him wanting to be a folk singer. He remembers D being the leader of a cult, though he can't remember its name. He can't really see any of those guys wanting to be a folk singer, so he decides to walk with $30,000! As for the answer, it's B.
In the nightcap, Lissa Gregorio (West Hills, CA) polls the audience at $7,000 and uses the 50:50 at $10,000. Then, at $30,000, she brings in her husband, Deon, but neither of them know which two similarly-named countries have Kinshasa and Brazzaville as their capitals (it was the Democratic Republic of Congo & Congo), so Lissa walks with $20,000.
Brandon Leeberg (Wenatchee, WA) gets some help from the audience at $7,000 before hearing the horn; he'll be back for more tomorrow.
| America Says
by Chico Alexander
Host: John Michael Higgins
Kelvin, Toni, Jason, Sashani
Emily, Gonzo, Beverly, Phillip
- Detroiters: When I think of Winnie-The-Pooh, I think of (B, C, CR, E, H, P, T). They get Tigger, honey, bears, Piglet, Christopher Robin, and Eeyore. The Preciados clear the board with childhood.
- Preciados: (B, B, C, M, MM, S, W) gets served in its own special glass. They score on wine, beer, champagne, and brandy. The Detroiters go with a martini, but pass on the sake and the Moscow Mule for 700 to the Preciados' 500.
- Detroiters: You spend a lot of time on the phone when you're a (CSR, L, O, R, S, T, T). They get operator, customer service representative, and telemarketer. The Preciados add teenager, lawyer, and salesman. No one adds receptionist.
- Preciados: When I think about track & field, I think of (H, HS, O, PV, RR, S, SP). They find hurdles, pole vaulting and shot put. The Detroiters tack on Olympics and high school, but not running races or sweat to go to 1700 to the Preciados 1700! We're all tied up!
- Detroiters: You should never be late for a (A, CD, D, F, D, JI, W). They get wedding, appointment, date, funeral, and job interview for 3200. The Preciados steal court date and flight for 2300.
- Preciados (3 to tie, 6 to win): It's so hard to wash (D, G, G, G, I, P, T) off my hands. They get glue, grease, ink, paint, and dirt for 3800. Detroiters need these 2 to force sudden death. They get ... nothing! They missed garlci and tar. Preciados win!
- Q1: Picnics make me think of (A) - ants
- Q2: Everybody always complains about the service at the (D, PO) - DMV, post office
- Q3: Most home have more than one (B, D, TV) - bathroom, door, TV
- Q4: I just got a motorcycle, so I should probably get a (H, L, LJ, S) to go with it - helmet, leather jacket, license... TIME! They missed sidecar.
|American Ninja Warrior Season Finale
by Chico Alexander
Host: Matt Iseman & Akbar Gbajabiamila with Kristine Leahy
After Stage 1 of Mount Midoriyama, only 30 ninjas remain in the hunt for the title of American Ninja Warrior, and the $500,000 prize that goes along with it. We have not had total victory in America since season 7. Will tonight be the night?
STAGE 2: You have 4 minutes, 30 seconds to compete all six obstacles.
- EPIC CATCH & RELEASE: Similar to the obstacle in Dallas, the first bar is MUCH longer.
- Criss Cross Salmon Ladder
- DEJA VU: A fan-designed obstacle, competitors must grab the first tethered bar, swing it from one cradle to the next, then swing it again to a third set of cradles. Then go back to the second cradles, grab the bar, and swing to the landing.
- Swing Surfer
- Wingnut Alley
- WATER WALLS: Not only do you have to slide the doors, but you have to swim through them.
Finish within the alloted time, and you move on to Stage 3.
FINISHERS (time remaining):
- Drew Drechsel (:38.65)
- Sean Bryan (:21.70)
STAGE 3 focuses exclusively on upper body strength. As such, there is no time limit.
- Floating Boards
- EN GARDE: Slide and jump a bar that you must expand and contract between 3' & 2'6" across.
- Crazy Clocks: Unlike Miam, there's no horseshoe in between the clocks.
- Ultimate Cliffhanger
- Curved Body Prop
- Peg Cloud
- Cane Lane: the tracks are now in a zig-zag configuration.
- Flying Bar
All you have to do is finish.
- Sean Bryan: FAIL Ultimate Cliffhanger
- Drew Drechsel: FAIL Ultimate Cliffhanger
So this year's $1 million prize goes unclaimed, as the course claims all 100 hopefuls.