A new group of athletes have come from all over the country to
take on the world's most brutal obstacle course. Who has what
it takes to become the first American Ninja Warrior?
Recaps by Chico Alexander, GSNN
Matt Iseman & Akbar
Ushio Higuchi (based upon "SASUKE/Ninja
A. Smith & Co. Productions &
8p ET Mon, NBC
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2014 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
Kansas City Qualifier
Last week in Venice, the
search for the American Ninja Warrior began with a major
twist... Since no one completed the course last season,
the prize money has been rolled over to $1 million for
the person who gets to the top of Mt. Midoriyama the
fastest. Will we find a worthy contender in Kansas City?
Three of the obstacles our competitors will face today
have never been seen on American Ninja Warrior before:
- Quintuple Steps
- The Big Dipper: A downward-curved pipe slider that
ends with a rope ladder to the next obstacle
- The Floating Tiles: A series of bungee-suspended
- Modified Ring Toss: Make your way across a bridge of
peg hangs using only two rings.
- Bungee Road: Four sets of bungee cords, followed by a
- Warped Wall: 14 feet, three tries.
Once again, it's win-and-in. Anyone who finishes the
course is guaranteed a spot in the City Final.
- Lars Hanson (21; Olathe, KS; youth sports coach): FAIL
- Tyler Brayton (35; Littleton, CO; former NFL lineman):
FAIL Big Dipper
- Annie Dudek (35; Independence, MO; PE teacher): FAIL
Three more competitors - Andrew Rowland, Paul Kartchner,
and David Mytyk - all came and went quickly.
- Franklin Bain (23; Sullivan, MO; goat farmer): FAIL
- Steven Moul (21; Grand Rapids, MI; student): ANW helps
him cope with his autism. FAIL: Big Dipper
- Cassie Craig (25; Wichita, KS; graphic designer): an
experienced gymnast, karateka, and athlete... FAIL
- Dennis Lappin (39; Livonia, MI; firefighter): last
year, he suffered a double ruptured Achilles....
COMPLETE! (2:48.35) Welcome back, Dennis!
Robyn "Sasquatch" Fog, Kristy Welch, and Trent Jarrett
took to the course... and all ended up getting wet.
Still to run the course: Brian, Noah, Isaac & Ian, aka
- Tavares "The Neon Ninja" Chambliss (33; Chicago;
emcee): COMPLETE (2:49.95)
The first Wolfpackers Noah Kaufman & Ian Dory completed
the course. Alan Adams...joined them, bringing the
number of finishers to five.
- Kirsti "The Machine" Meyer (21; St. Louis; college
student): FAIL Big Dipper
- Isaac Caldiero (33; Fort Collins, CO; professional
rock climber): the 3rd member of the Wolfpack...COMPLETE
(1:53.42), joining the other two Wolfpackers.
More runs in a moment, but right now we must pause 10
seconds for station identification. This is American
Ninja Warrior on the Red Network of the National
Back on the course, James Fenby completed his run.
Nicole Martinez didn't. Brendan Couvreaux was stopped by
the Warped Wall... until his final try.
- Lance "Cowboy Ninja" Pekus (28; Salmon, ID; rancher):
COMPLETE! (1:21.69), the fastest time of the night!
- William "LOU Fitness" Adams (30; Ferguson, MO;
personal fitness): FAIL Ring Toss
Amy Pajcic and Laura Kisana did not have an answer to
this course. Will the final two women to run this course
tonight have one?
- Caitlin "Shuks" Shukwit (21; Springfield, MO; college
student): she suffers from OCD and Tourette's... FAIL
Three more athletes try.. Donavan Metoyer, Lutalo
Sephers, and Marc Pearce tried, but Sephers finished.
- Jon Stewart (53; Washington, UT; construction
foreman): coming off of a nasty shoulder injury,
surgery, and rehab... COMPLETE! (2:57.01) Now he is the
oldest person to ever complete a Qualifier.
- Brian Arnold (37; stay-at-home dad; Brighton, CO):
During the USA vs. World, he became the only American to
complete Stage 3... COMPLETE! (2:51.75)
- Michael Stanger (31; South Weber, UT; insurance
agent): a wait in the walk-on line spurred by his wife's
terminal illness, Elhlers-Danlos Syndrome. We don't know
how much longer she has, so she wanted to share in his
Three more rookies - Brandon Berrett, Kevin Hogan, and
Zac Eddington - all join the ranks of the City
- Paul Kasemir (29; Longmont, CO; software engineer):
- Lorin Ball (28; Golden, CO; gym owner): COMPLETE!
(:58) With this run, we have exceeded the minimum number
of finishers! So in order to get to the City Final, you
MUST complete the course, leading to the final run of
- Meagan Martin (25; Boulder, CO; rock climbing coach):
the first female to complete the Jumping Spider &
Halfpipe Attack on the Vegas course....COMPLETE! (4:00)
LORIN BALL (0:58)
PAUL KASEMIR (1:03)
ZAC EDDINGTON (1:17)
LANCE PEKUS (1:21)
JAKE MURRAY (1:22)
KEVIN HOGAN (1:23)
TJ SANDERSON (1:36)
DAN YAGER (1:41)
JOSH COOK (1:42)
ALAN ADAMS (1:44)
ISAAC CALDIERO (1:53)
DAN BANURA (1:55)
BRANDON BERRETT (1:57)
JASON WILLIAMS (2:03)
MICHAEL SILENZI (2:06)
BRANDON MEARS (2:09.3)
SPENSER MESTEL (2:09.4)
JAMES FENBY (2:12)
BRIAN BECKSTRAND (2:14)
DAN POLIZZI (2:17)
ETHAN SWANSON (2:18.0)
KARSON VOILES (2:18.2)
DAVE CAVANAGH (2:23)
MIKE McKENZIE (2:25)
CHRISTOPHER LANGE (2:38)
IAN DORY (2:40.2)
MICHAEL STANGER (2:40.3)
DAN HOLGUIN (2:44)
DENNIS LAPPIN (2:48)
TAVARES CHAMBLISS (2:49)
BRIAN ARNOLD (2:51)
JON STEWART (2:57.0)
ROBERT TAYLOR (2:57.7)
LUTALO SEPHERS (3:02)
BRENDAN COUVREUX (3:07)
NOAH KAUFMAN (3:35)
MEAGAN MARTIN (4:00)
GABE BLOMGREN (4:26)
Next week, they've been called the power couple of ANW.
Brent Steffensen & Kacy Catanzaro will take to the
course in Houston!!
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety,
go to nbc.com/anw