A new group of athletes have come from all over the country to
take on the world's most brutal obstacle course. Who has what
it takes to become the first American Ninja Warrior?
Recaps by Chico Alexander, GSNN
Matt Iseman & Akbar
Ushio Higuchi (based upon "SASUKE/Ninja
A. Smith & Co. Productions &
8p ET Mon, NBC
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2014 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by these fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
Last week, Mighty Kacy was
making a good go at the course when all of a sudden...
HEARTBREAK. But that's in the past. Now we concentrate
on the next qualifier, as we go to a little bit of
Hollywood in the middle of Florida.
Universal Studios Florida
A bit of background/disclaimer information. I was
actually on New York Street as they were taping the
episode. My sister and I would've stayed for the whole
thing if we didn't have a shuttle to catch to our hotel.
So I can tell you... this is a really tough course. Two
of the obstacles are making their ANW debut tonight.
- Quintuple Steps
- Rolling Log. Unlike previous versions, this one is
longer and narrower, meaning that contestants will be
spun around 6 to 8 times in a pass.
- Paddle Boards. A balance bridge with three pairs of
boards on each side.
- Tire Swing: Use your grip strength to make it across
three suspended tires.
- Double Tilt Ladder. Two sets of tilting monkey bars.
- Warped Wall. 14 feet, three tries.
This is a win-and-in situation. Anyone who completes the
Qualifier is guaranteed a spot in the City Final. If we
don't have 30 finishers, the rest of the board will be
occupied by those who traveled the furthest the fastest.
For two of the show's veterans, this is all about
redemption. But now, we start with...
- Bootie Cothran (46; Possum Kingdom, SC; church media
coordinator): COURSE OUT Paddleboards
- Devin "Dougie Fresh" Harrelson (30; Fuquay-Varina, NC;
tattoo artist): he says if he completes the course, he's
going to propose to Ms. Dougie.... who'll stay a Ms. for
a little bit longer. FAIL Tire Swing
- Marybeth Wang (33; Riverview, FL; gymnastics coach):
representing the working moms. HARD HIT after the
Rolling Log. FAIL Double Tilt Ladder
Over the break, Danny Adair, Mike Wright, and Jonathan
Sharp Brown... all failed. Speed kills.
- Ricky Vu (22; Hampton, GA; Chick-Fil-A team leader):
FAIL Double Tilt Ladder
- Casey Eischen (31; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; fitness coach):
Coach Casey underwent a prophylactic masectomy because
she is a carrier for BRCA2, the marker for breast
cancer. FAIL Rolling Log
- Chad Hohn (31; Archdale, NC; residential builder):
Took a HARD hit to the head, leaving a bleeding gash.
Jeff Brown and Jen Liam took premature exits, but Bart
Copeland at least took a faceplant. Now his sister takes
the course as the Minions watch on...
- Emily Durham (30; Orlando; wakeboarding champion): she
walked away from the sport to be a stay-at-home mom.
FAIL Tire Swing
- Nate Lieb (31; Lunchburg, VA; cell tower repairman):
FAIL Paddle Boards
- Hunter Sipes (21; Montverde, FL; missionary): The
Kingdom Ninja who gave his life to G-d. COMPLETE!
- Jonathan Ruiz (30; Valrico, FL; optician): His fiance
(now wife) has one piece of advice: "Don't touch the
wata!" FAIL Tire Swing. You had one job, Jonathan... ONE
- Shaun Murray (39; Orlando; wakeboarding legend):
Karly Streisfeld and Brent Ruffin were tossed by the
- Stephen France (33; Yulee, FL; truss builder): first
person to ever run the course with a prosthetic leg.
FAIL Tire Swing
- Jon Alexis Jr. (26; Waterville, ME; mill worker): the
tallest ninja to take the field. COMPLETE! (1:37.75)
Back on the course with Tiffany Stewart (Tire Swing),
Idoko Abuh (Double Tilt Ladder), Reko Rivera
(COMPLETE!), and this man...
- Jon Alexis Sr. (48; Waterville, ME; security officer):
FAIL Paddle Boards
- Travis Rosen (40; Franklin, TN; stock broker): The
first American to attempt Stage 4 back in USA vs. the
World. COMPLETE! (2:12.23)
Dana Linn Bailey hit the course... but the course hit
back on the Rolling Log.
- Asya Grechka (21; Charlotte; robotics student): she
likes robots AND rock climbing. FAIL: Double Tilt Ladder
- Alexio Gomes (22; Coral Springs, FL; motivational
speaker): one-half of the Brazi Bros. COMPLETE!
(4:19.51) His brother Lucas... not so much.
Adam Arnold and James McGrath beast the course. Now for
one of the best in the business...
- Drew Drechsel (26; Fairfield, CT; ninja coach): After
competing in the Sasuke 2015 and the World Cup in
Malaysia, he's looking to bring it back home. COMPLETE!
Kavon Sadler gets dropped by the Tire Swing. Adam
Williams figured out the flight path of the Warped Wall.
And JJ Woods is following suit, leading to the final run
of the night...
- David "Flip" Rodriguez (25; Miami; stuntman): Last
year... he touched the water. This year... COMPLETE!
1) JON ALEXIS JR. (1:37.75)
2) JAMES McGRATH (2:00)
3) FLIP RODRIGUEZ (2:09.45)
4) TRAVIS ROSEN (2:12.23)
5) CORY COOK (2:19.91)
6) NEIL CRAVER (2:22.72)
7) DREW DRECHSEL (2:29.14)
8) JJ WOODS (2:33.85)
9) ADAM ARNOLD (2:43.17)
10) HUNTER SIPES (2:50.30)
11) KENNETH NIEMITALO (3:12.08)
12) RICH SHOEMAKER (3:21.35)
13) JOJO BYNUM (3:24.72)
14) SOLOMON HARVEY (3:36.13)
15) EDDY STEWART (3:45.29)
16) REKO RIVERA (3:48.20)
17) JAMES BOGLE JR. (3:48.77)
18) LUIS ALEMANY (3:55.91)
19) STEPHENS NUNNALLY (4:06.55)
20) CHAD HOHN (4:09.23)
21) GORDON WHITE (4:16.95)
22) ALEXIO GOMES (4:19.51)
23) MATT JORDAN (4:21.05)
24) ADAM WILLIAMS (4:33.06)
25) SHAUN MURRAY (4:33.79)
26) Kyle Johnson (Double Tilt Ladder)
27) Sean Clayton (Double Tilt Ladder)
28) Matthew Schumann (Double Tilt Ladder)
29) Idoko Abuh (Double Tilt Ladder)
30) Jesus Fernandez (Double Tilt Ladder)
Next week, the steel course meets the Steel City as the
Pittsburgh Qualifier awaits.
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety,
go to nbc.com/anw