Last week was about one
word: redemption. Many American all-stars looked for it
at Universal Studios... and found it. But do they have
what it takes to scale Mount Midoriyama for $1 million?
We'll find out down the road. Right now, the Ninja tour
A former blast furnace on the shores of the Monongahela
River is where we have set up shop for the night. Two
of the obstacles are making their ANW debut tonight.
- Quintuple Steps
- Log Grip
- Snake Crossing: Cross two S-shaped beams that tilt in
order to make it to the other side..
- Wind Chimes: Suspended poles require both grip
strength and lower body strength
- Devil Steps
- Warped Wall. 14 feet, three tries.
This is a win-and-in situation. Anyone who completes the
Qualifier is guaranteed a spot in the City Final. If we
don't have 30 finishers, the rest of the board will be
occupied by those who traveled the furthest the fastest.
- Matt Scoletti (31; Pittsburgh; financial advisor):
FAIL Log Grip
- Brianne McLaughlin (28; Moon Township, PA; Olympic
hockey goaltender): COURSE OUT Snake Crossing
- Miles Avery (56; Asheville, NC; gymnastics coach):
FAIL Warped Wall
Over the break, Shannon Mulholland... Anthony Cohen...
and David Hunt... all take a seat.
- Chris Wilczewski (26; Mount Laurel, NJ; gym owner):
FAIL Snake Crossing (DQed on a back-track)
- Amber Holbrook (30; Findlay, OH; stay-at-home mom):
her daughter was diagnosed with severe autism at 18
months. FAIL Wind Chimes
Three experienced ninjas - Mike Needham, Dan Galiczynski,
Matt Zacharkow - ALL make early exits.
- Jeff Kraebel (44; Rocky
Point, NY; lumber mill worker): FAIL Devil Steps
Following Jeff to the
exit signs: Alexi Matousek, Aaron Himelright, and Scott
- PJ Granger (28; Bedford, IN; construction worker): in
the midst of a turnaround in his life. COMPLETE!
- BJ Reynoso (26; Bronx, NY; swim coach): FAIL Snake
- Zamira Doar (34; Conshohocken, PA; graphics designer):
competing for her father. FAIL Log Grip
- Felice "Little Bulldog" Herrig (30; Crystal Lake, IL;
UFC fighter). Was a contestant on "The Ultimate
Fighter". FAIL Quintuple Steps
- Jamie "Captain NBC" Rahn (27; Barrington, NJ; gym
owner). If he scales the Warped Wall, our hosts will
adopt his trademark style. THERE IT IS! (6:06.95)
Halfway through the
Qualifier, and the course is breathing fire.. especially
- Mike Bernardo (35; Washington, DC; firefighter):
Over the break, Abby
Majesky got bit by Snake Crossing, but Brian Wilczewski
finished. Ron Schmidt followed... Brian.
- Ryan Ripley (26; St. Charles, MO; Walmart retail
worker). Called the CF Warrior due to his cystic
fibrosis. FAIL Devil Steps
While we were away, Tim
Mitroka failed, Joe Archambault succeeded, and Geoff
Britten... well, Akbar put it best. "Britten's Got
Talent!" We see what you did there, Akbar.
- Luciano Acuna Jr. (26;
Brooklyn, NY; stuntman): COMPLETE! (2:40.04)
- Elet "The Natural" Hall (24; Cavetown, MD; survival
guide): COMPLETE! (1:22.71)
On the course, Matt Esser
touched the water, Justin Kydd stitched a fast run, and
Dustin Sanderson joins him. Now... it's Warnky Time!
- Michelle Warnky (31; Worthington, OH; gym owner): FAIL
Devil Steps. OUCH.
And we're down to the
final run of the night.
- Joe "The Weatherman" Moravsky (26; Sherman, CT;
meteorologist), who has a little weatherman on the way.
1) ELET HALL (1:22)
2) JOE MORAVSKY (1:34)
3) DUSTIN SANDERSON (1:47)
4) JUSTIN KYDD (2:10)
5) MIKE MEYERS (2:34)
6) LUCIANO ACUNA JR. (2:40)
7) DANNY JOHNSON (2:41)
8) PAVEL FESYUK (3:01)
9) ADAM GROSSMAN (3:03)
10) BRIAN WILCZEWSKI (3:20)
11) PJ GRANGER (3:31)
12) GEOFF BRITTEN (3:41)
13) ADAM MIHM (3:44)
14) ALEX DELL'AQUILA (3:45)
15) RON SCHMIDT (4:10)
16) JOE ARCHAMBAULT (4:15)
17) MIKE BERNARDO (4:25)
18) JAZON KHAZI (4:33)
19) KELLY MOHLER (4:41)
20) TODD MITCHELL (4:51)
21) SEAN DARLING-HAMMOND (5:32)
22) JAMIE RAHN (6:06)
23) Miles Avery (Warped
24) Chad Sanderson (Devil
25) David Bozak (Devil Steps)
26) Tim Mitroka (Devil Steps)
27) Aaron Himelright (Devil Steps)
28) Ryan Ripley (Devil Steps)
29) Michelle Warnky (Devil Steps)
30) Scott Maxson (Devil Steps)
Next week, a very special episode from the USS Iowa in
San Pedro, CA, we ANW salutes the troops.
For more information on the contestants,
including never-before-seen footage, or to watch this episode in its entirety,
go to nbc.com/anw