Home cooks from all over the country have a shot to become the
newest star in the culinary firmament. .
Recaps by Chico Alexander, GSNN
Franc Roddam (based upon "MasterChef")
Adeline Ramage Rooney
One Potato Two Potato (an
All3Media company) and Shine America
8p ET Tues, Fox
Copyright StatementElie fan pages;
production companies of shows this site covers retain all
rights to the sounds, images, and information contained
herein. No challenge to copyright is implied.
ALL ORIGINAL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 1999-2015 GAMESHOWNEWSNET.COM. All rights reserved.
No infringement of copyright is intended by thes
Web design by Jason Elliott. Logo by Chico Alexander.
Full Copyright Statement
Powered by 1&1 Internet
It started six years ago. Gordon Ramsay,
fresh off of dealing with his fair share of professional gourmands,
turned his attention to home cooks as he brought a tested format over to
American shores for the second time (the first time being a
self-contained half-hour on PBS). Six years and 99 episodes later, it's
time for the current crop - less Veronica and Jesse, who failed the
Elimination Test - to celebrate.
We're gathered 60 miles from the MasterKitchen in the rustic town of
Ranchos Palos Verdes for a special luncheon... to celebrate...
MASTERCHEF'S 100TH EPISODE!
TEAM CHALLENGE: #MASTERCHEF100
- Make a spectacular lunch for 100 esteemed luminaries of
the culinary world.
- 60 minutes to prep and serve one appetizer & one entree.
Your appetizer must feature exquisite Malpeque oysters with an accent of
caviar. Your entree must feature a duck breast.
Nick & Olivia, as winners of the Elimniation Test, will be captains.
- BLUE TEAM: Nick (captain), Amanda, Stephen, Sara, Charlie, Shelly,
- RED TEAM: Olivia (captain), Derrick, Katrina,
Chris, Hetal, Kerry, Tommy
The Blues are thinking a poached oyster with a pickled slaw with caviar
crème fraiche AND a Moroccan spiced duck. The Reds ... well, Olivia
wants to smoke oysters with a yuzu vinaigrette. And then a duck l'orange
with cauliflower puree. Too many ingredients.
Among the diners: season 5's Leslie Gillams & Daniel McGuffey, food
writer Eddie Lin, and season 3's Becky Reams & Christine Ha.
And the Red Team ruins all of their oysters by smoking them. They
could've easily grilled them, but NOOOOO. They end up serving two
oysters in what amounts to an amuse bouche.
The Blue Team is not without its fault, as Charlie burns all of his
carrots. Time to substitute.
- Blue: Butter Poached Oysters with Cucumber Apple Pickle & Caviar
- Red: Smoked Oysters & Caviar with Fennel & Grapefruit Salad
- Blue: Seared Moroccan Spiced Duck with Forbidden Rice & Roasted Fennel
- Red: Ginger-Orange-Butter Braised Duck with Cauliflower Puree &
Which of the mistakes will costs which team? Red raw duck tells the
tale. After Christina's cake is sliced and served... and we're all back
in the Kitchen...
WINNER: RED TEAM! They'll make it to episode 101. But for someone on the
Blue Team, it's going to be 100 episodes and GOOD NIGHT. But one person
will NOT face the Pressure Test. They'll have five minutes to decide
UNANIMOUSLY which one will be safe. If they cannot decide, ALL OF THE
BLUE TEAM WILL BE ELIMINATED.
They decide to save ... STEPHEN.
PRESSURE TEST: Birthday Cake
- 90 minutes to make a layer cake.
Every great cake has delicious layers (and you must have at least three
of them) and tasty frosting. In addition, your cakes must celebrate the
100th episode of MasterChef.
Charlie's cake flattens... while Amanda has to fix a raw cake.
- Nick: Sponge with Mascarpone & Blood Orange Icing with Toasted Coconut
- Amanda: Vanilla Sponge with Nutella Strawberry Filling & Strawberry
- Shelly: Mojito Rum Cake with Lime Zest.
- Sara: Yellow Spong with Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling
- Claudia: Tres Leches with Lemon Zest
- Charlie: Sponge with Blood Orange Icing.. It looks like crap, but it
does taste good.
The winner... CLAUDIA! Nick and Sara... join her, leaving the bottom
ELIMINATED: CHARLIE and AMANDA. That last cut hurt, because Amanda was
genuinely talented. She just had a bad night.
Next time, Gordon Ramsay's greatest hits. But for now, a toast... TO 100
EPISODES! AND TO 100 MORE!
To see this episode in its entirety OR to
apply to be a contestant, go to