Last time, Darren & Barbara took out the reigning
champs to take home $10,000 when they themselves were taken out. Now with
$10,000 of their own, how long can Shannon & Young hold out? The run for the
banker & student
Round 1: MERYL STREET MOVIES, according to
the IMDB as of July 2008. Standard actor rules apply.
Robert wanted to partner with a confident younger male who's good at sports.
Anastasia became the man she wanted to marry, while transitioning from physicist
to writer. They go with 10 to start. Young & Shannon give it to them.
1) Mamma Mia! - CORRECT
2) Kramer vs. Kramer - CORRECT
3) Silkwood - CORRECT
4) The Devil Wears Prada - CORRECT
5) The French Lieutenant’s Woman - CORRECT
6) She-Devil - CORRECT
7) Death Becomes Her - CORRECT
8) Sophie’s Choice - CORRECT
9) Adaptation - CORRECT
10) The River Wild - This is for round one. It is... CORRECT (Robert & Anastasia
Round 2: NAMED CHARACTERS FROM THE BOOK "HARRY
POTTER & THE SORCERER'S STONE", according to the 2004 edition of the book.
Shannon & Young start the bid at six. The challengers say... name it!
1) Harry Potter - CORRECT
2) Ron Weasley - CORRECT
3) Fred Weasley - CORRECT
4) George Weasley - The other twin, CORRECT
5) Hermione Granger - CORRECT
6) Draco Malfoy - if right, we're going to a shootout. It is... CORRECT! (Tie
Round 3: MARIAH CAREY'S BILLBOARD US TOP 40
HITS - INCLUDING COLLABORATIONS, according to Billboard up to July 2008.
Robert & AnastasiCORRECT: Dreamlover - CORRECT
Shannon & Young: All My Love - ... INCORRECT! (Robert & Anastasia win, 2-1)
That was a complete shot in the dark, and it ends
up shooting them in the foot. Young & Shannon leave with $10,000. Robert &
Anastasia are headed to...
The Money List: EUROPEAN CAPITAL CITIES,
according to the Official European Union website as of July 2008.
1) Paris - CORRECT
2) London - CORRECT
3) Berlin - for $5000.... CORRECT!
4) Rome - CORRECT
5) Athens - CORRECT
6) Madrid - for $10,000.... CORRECT! Moving on...
7) Lisbon - CORRECT
8) Budapest - CORRECT
9) Vienna - for $15,000... CORRECT! Going on...
10) Copenhagen - CORRECT
11) Oslo - CORRECT
12) Helsinki - This is for the right to play for $50,000... CORRECT!
Will they stop at $25,000 or go for the big one?
... THEY'RE GOING FOR IT!
13) Riga - CORRECT
14) Vilnius - CORRECT
15) Tallinn - this is for the first ever BIG win on the Money List...
NOTHING.... or FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS...
Could've said... Amsterdam... or Moscow... or
Brussels... But we go with Tallinn...
... IT'S ON THE LIST! Robert & Anastasia are the
first EVER big winners on the Money List! AND they get to play until they lose,
so let's bring on another set of challengers.
cultural exchange manager
project manager for a nonprofit
Round 1: THE 100 GREAT STAND-UPS OF ALL TIME, according
to the 2004 Comedy Central TV series of the same title as listed in the IMDB.
Nora is very competitive and an expert on
dinosaurs. Allen has been married for 20 years. They open the bid at five.
Robert & Anastasia double to 10. Allen & Nora say... take it.
1) Steve Martin - CORRECT
2) Richard Pryor - CORRECT
3) Joan Rivers - CORRECT
4) Eddie Murphy - CORRECT
5) Chris Rock - CORRECT
6) Andrew Dice Clay - CORRECT
7) Lenny Bruce - CORRECT
8) Steven Wright - CORRECT
9) Andy Kaufman - CORRECT
10) Henny Youngman - for the first list, Robert & Anastasia are... CORRECT!
(Robert & Anastasia lead, 1-0)
Round 2: FEMALE GRAND SLAM TENNIS SINGLES
CHAMPIONS 1968-2008, that's a winner of the ladies single of the Australian
Open, the French Open, the Championships at Wimbledon, or the US Open since
1968, according to ESPN.
Robert & Anastasia decide to show some balls, opening at eight. Allen & Nora go
to nine. Robert & Anastasia... throw the dog a bone.
1) Serena Williams - CORRECT
2) Venus Williams - CORRECT
3) Martina Navratilova - CORRECT
4) Steffi Graf - CORRECT
5) Martina Hingis - CORRECT
6) Maria Sharapova - CORRECT
7) Pam Shriver - ... Lost to Chris Evert in 1978. INCORRECT (Robert & Anastasia
Can Robert & Anastasia win another $50,000?
Round 2: SONGS FROM THE ORIGINAL FILM
SOUNDTRACK OF GREASE, according to the credits of the film.
1) Greased Lightning - CORRECT
2) Grease (Is The Word) - ... It was just "Grease." INCORRECT.
They were looking for the titles, not the lyrics.
The good news is that they still have $50,000 AND they're going to play a new
set of challengers next time. Hope to see you then.
An unfinished list is unfinished business. To
view the lists on today's show in their entirety, go to