Last week on the List, Mike Wending & Charysse
Harper defeated the reigning champions and won $25,000 in two games. Will they
push the streak to three?
$25,000, two games
Round 1: OSCAR-WINNING ACTRESSES 1927-2008.
This includes any winner of the Best Actress Oscar. This does NOT include
special awards. This is according to Oscar.org.
Darren tends to judge people on their looks.
Barbara eloped with someone you only knew for four months. That didn't last
long. They can go 10. Charysse & Mike... let'em have it.
1) Merryl Streep - CORRECT
2) Katharine Hepburn - CORRECT
3) Gwyneth Paltrow - CORRECT
4) Cher - CORRECT
5) Jodie Foster - CORRECT
6) Susan Sarandon - CORRECT
7) Barbra Streisand - CORRECT
8) Bette Davis - CORRECT
9) Hilary Swank - CORRECT
10) Elizabeth Taylor - This is for the round.... CORRECT! (Darren & Barbara
Round 2: PROPERTIES FOR SALE ON A MONOPOLY
BOARD. This is the original US Monopoly board based on Atlantic City
according to the official rules including stations and utilities.
(C-Note: being an avid Monopoly player, I can
name them all. Apparently so can Fred).
Charysse can name them all as well. She & Mike
start the bid at 22. Darren & Barbara... don't think so. The list goes to the
1) Short Line Railroad - CORRECT
2) Pennsylvania Railroad - CORRECT
3) Reading Railroad - CORRECT
4) B&O Railroad - CORRECT
5) Boardwalk - CORRECT
6) Park Place - CORRECT
7) Pennsylvania Avenue - CORRECT
8) Pacific Avenue - CORRECT
9) Marvin Gardens - CORRECT
10) Illinois Avenue - CORRECT
11) Indiana Avenue - CORRECT
12) New York Avenue - CORRECT
13) Tennessee Avenue - CORRECT
14) St. James Place - CORRECT
15) St. Charles Place - CORRECT
16) States Avenue - CORRECT
17) Water Works - CORRECT
18) Baltic Avenue - CORRECT
19) Vermont Avenue - CORRECT
20) Oriental Avenue - CORRECT
21) Connecticut Avenue - CORRECT
22) Mediterranean Avenue - For the match... CORRECT! (Tie match, 1-1)
We're going to a Shootout! The subject...
Round 3: MEN WHO HAVE WALKED ON THE MOON.
These are astronauts who have walked on the moon according to NASA.
The challengers are up first.
Darren & Barbara: Neil Armstrong - CORRECT
Charysse & Mike: Buzz Aldrin - CORRECT
Darren & Barbara: Alan Shepard - CORRECT
Charysse & Mike: John Glenn - ... INCORRECT!
Darren & Barbara are playing for the money, while
Charysse & Mike leave with $25,000, $12,500 each.
Next for Darren & Barbara, they're walking on the
moon to play...
The Money List: THE CHARACTERS AND FAMILY IN
THE TV SERIES "FRIENDS". These are parents, siblings, and children of the
six characters (and the six characters themselves) on the NBC series "Friends",
including any children conceived naturally, conceived through surrogacy, or
adopted, all according to IMDb. First and last names, please.
1) Monica Geller - CORRECT...
2) Ross Geller - CORRECT...
3) Joey Tribbiani - ... CORRECT for $5000!
4) Rachel Green - CORRECT...
5) Phoebe Buffay - CORRECT...
6) Chandler Bing - To double... CORRECT!
And thank you very much, but they'll take $10,000
and the challenge of...
banker & student
Round 1: ELTON JOHN'S BILLBOARD US TOP 40 HITS
- INCLUDING COLLABORATIONS, as of June 2008.
Young wanted to be partnered with "a bubbly young woman". Shannon can't sleep
anywhere without a cuddly toy. They start with 12. Darren & Barbara go 13. The
men in the other pod... give it to them. Thirteen songs.
1) "Rocket Man" - CORRECT
2) "Tiny Dancer" - ....INCORRECT (Young & Shannon lead, 1-0)
Round 2: HOST CITIES OF THE SUMMER OLYMPICS 1896-2008, according to the
International Olympic Committee.
Darren & Barbara need to win this list to stay in the game. They start with 13.
Young & Shannon think that if it happened once, it'll happen again. So the
champs control their own fate.
1) Los Angeles - CORRECT
2) Atlanta - CORRECT
3) London - CORRECT
4) Barcelona - CORRECT
5) Paris - CORRECT
6) Athens - CORRECT
7) Berlin - CORRECT
8) Sydney - CORRECT
9) Seoul - CORRECT
10) Beijing - CORRECT
11) Moscow - CORRECT
12) Madrid - ... INCORRECT! (Young & Shannon win, 2-0)
They almost had it with Helsinki, Melbourne,
Tokyo and Montreal... but Darren & Barbara leave with $10,000, $5000 each. While
Shannon & Young are headed to...
The Money List: DUSTIN HOFFMAN MOVIES
according to IMDb. Standard actor list rules apply.
1) "The Graduate" - CORRECT
2) "Meet the Fockers" - CORRECT
3) "Midnight Cowboy" - For $5000... CORRECT!
1) "Rain Man" - CORRECT
2) "Little Big Man" - CORRECT...
3) "Hook" - For $10,000... CORRECT!
And rather than risk the $10,000, they'll play
another team of challengers next time.
An unfinished list is unfinished business. To
view the lists on today's show in their entirety, go to