There are over 250,000 gas stations in America. There's only one that will
not only fill up your tank, but fill up your wallet. Pull up to your petrol, and
if you find Greg Fitzsimmons there, he'll quiz you while you're getting your
gas. The more answers you get right, the more cash you earn, but if you're
running on fumes, it's game over.
It's Cash Cab in a gas station. Let's get Pumped! (presented by Sunoco...
EAST MEADOW, NY
Lorenzo Inglese is first. He only has to answer ONE question correctly for a
$50 Sunoco Get Gas card. "The name of what Chevy compact car can be translated
into Spanish as 'doesn't go'?" Is it the Nova? Yep! He gets help from sports
bloggers Juice, Jared, and Sanford (2005 GMC Yukon), who gets to play the game
The rules: You start with an empty gas tank. Round 1, or Regular, questions
are true/false for $25 and a quarter of your game tank filled. If you
answer a question wrong, you will not lose any of your gas, but you have to get
two right in order to continue on in the game.
1) In football, the "nickel" defense consists of five defensive backs.
- TRUE (1, $25)
2) In 2010, the most popular car color worldwide was black.
- FALSE (2, $50)
3) As of 2010, Subway has more locations worldwide than any other restaurant
- TRUE (3, $75)
4) In "The 12 Days of Christmas," the gift on the ninth day is "ladies
- TRUE (FULL, $100)
Next is round 2, the Plus round. Each question is multiple choice worth $50.
Get one wrong, you lose a quarter tank of gas. Get to E, and your game is over.
Get a correct answer on a full tank, it's called and overspill, and Greg hands
you a Daily Extra of another $50 Sunoco Get Gas card.
The trio pick up another $150 including the Daily Extra.
4) Which one of these Indy 500 drivers does not share the record of four
a) AJ Foyt
b) Rick Mears
c) Mario Andretti
d) Al Unser
They go with B... but it was A. But they still have the $250 in their tank...
Bonus Round time, in this case, it's Bumper to Bumper. The guys are given
five movies (The Straight Story, Around the World in 80 Days, Das Boot, The
Rocketeer, and Black Sunday) and five modes of transport (jet pack, lawn mower,
blimp, submarine, and hot air balloon). Match the mode with the movie within 30
seconds. $50 for each correct answer. Their answers:
- The Straight Story: BLIMP (wrong, lawn mower)
- Around the World in 80 Days: HOT AIR BALLOON
- Das Boot: SUBMARINE
- The Rocketeer: JET PACK
- Black Sunday: LAWN MOWER (wrong, blimp)
So another $150 in the bank for a total of $400!
Round 3 is the High Octane Round. Each question is worth $100. They answer
their first two correct to pin the tank with $600...
3) Nicknamed "Smoke", who is the only NASCAR driver to win a race as a
driver/owner since Ricky Rudd in 1998?
- Richard Petty... is wrong (Tony Stewart). Down to 3/4 their tank.
They end their game with $700, but do they care to double it up with the
Top-Off Challenge? If they want to answer one more question, they can double
their bank to $1400. Get it wrong, you halve your bank to $350. The guys... are
GOING FOR IT!
TOP OFF CHALLENGE: The bull on the Lamborghini log was inspired by what
Scared money don't make money. They say B... It's B! That's $1400!
JEFFERSON VALLEY, NY
Melinda Rose Vazquez (2011 Mitsubishi Evolution) is next to play. She's a
newlywed of one year.
REGULAR for $25: Melinda goes 1 for 3 for $25....
4) The founder of Chevrolet was from the United States
- TRUE... (False, Switzerland).
Game over, but she ends up with $25 and a wedding gift from us, a $50 Sunoco
Get Gas card.
Still in Jefferson Valley with Gabe Thorn (2006 Honda Civic).
REGULAR for $25: Gabe has 1 for 3 for $25...
4) Fifty different astronauts have set foot on the moon.
- FALSE.... Only 12! He's still in the game for $50.
PLUS for $50: Gabe gets a question on Joe Montana, a question the Mercedes
Benz Superdome, but misses a question on Tony Stewart's "Smoke Pit".
4) Which of these carmakers has won the Indy 500?
A... is right for $200 and a full tank.
BONUS ROUND: Search Warrant. There's a 1973 Dodge Challenger. It's a hot car,
but what's inside is important, clues for a car brand. Find the car brand on the
first clue... $200. Second clue, $100. Third clue: $50. Final clue: $25. You
have 60 seconds... from NOW!
- Clue 1: Malibu.... Chevrolet.. IS RIGHT for $200!
HIGH OCTANE for $100: Gabe overspills for a $50 gas card. He's sweeping it...
4) What pastry is associated with a driving maneuver in which a car's rear
tires leave a series of circular skid marks?
- Donut... Hi, Don. He sweeps the High Octane round for $800!
Will he top it off for $1600? He will!
TOP OFF CHALLENGE: Held in Munich, what annual fall festival is the world's
largest beer festival?
Gabe says "Oktoberfest"... HE'S RIGHT FOR $1600!
In total, $3025 is pumped from the first show... but we've got another!
To see this episode in its entirety, go to