The Election Is Over, and
Life Goes On
We start this week with a Veteran’s Day
shout out. As you know, November 11th is Veteran’s Day. And as you know,
the best thing to do is say THANK YOU. Thank you for them sacrificing
and doing what you did to allow me the right to complain, yell, and
comment about the game shows that I love so much. So, this Veteran’s
Day...thank a veteran. Lay a flag down at a Military Cemetery. Visit a
Veteran’s hospital. Do the little thing. And from me, THANK YOU.
Speaking of Veterans’ Day....I am going to say something nice about the
Price is Right. Yes, it’s true. They are doing a cool Veterans’ Day
Special on November 11th.
According to the Air Force News Service: Drew Carey was enthusiastic
about hosting the distinguished audience members for the special made in
conjunction with the Department of Defense Entertainment Media and the
Army and Air Force Exchange Service. "I think it's important for
everyone to show our support to the service members," said Mr. Carey, a
former Marine reservist. "We sponsored shows like this before 9/11. And
we've even sponsored shows specifically for each the four services in
the past. I only wish I could do more."
When asked how this idea came about, Mr. Carey passed the credit onto
his production team. "The idea came from Drew. He was very involved in
how to lay out this show, down to the prizes being awarded and games
selected," said Mike Richards, the co-executive producer for the show.
"It was really important for us to make the special 'extra special,'"
said Syd Vinnedge, the show's executive producer. "We wanted gifts that
were specific to military service members and we didn't want anyone to
leave empty handed. Thus, we are grateful for the support AAFES has
given this show. Without them, we couldn't have made it happen. This has
definitely been a 'win-win' for all."
AAFES provided six $1,000 gift certificates for online shopping at
aafes.com and six 1,000-minute phone cards for the contestants who made
it on stage. Additionally, 10 percent discount coupons were given to
everyone in the audience.
With the negative stuff out of Studio 33, I thought it would be cool to
say this is a FANTASTIC idea. This keeps the tradition of the Military
and Price is Right alive.
More reaction to the Jennifer Hudson
tragedy. Speaking to People magazine, Ryan Seacrest (the host of
American Idol) said, "We're praying for her. I sent her an email to
share my sorrow for what she went through and asked her if there was
anything we could do.” The radio/TV host continued his statement by
echoing the sentiments of everyone who has heard of and reacted to this
story. Said Seacrest, "It's horrible."
Seacrest also revealed that he’s been in touch with American Idol judge
Randy Jackson, to discuss the tragedy. Said Seacrest, "I talked to Randy
[Jackson] the other day about it. We're just thinking about her." While
he admitted that he hadn’t known Jennifer Hudson’s family well, Seacrest
said, "I know Jennifer and I always liked her spirit, her strength, her
charm, her charisma. She's a strong girl and a special girl."
Now to end this week, I am going to
comment about one of the most stupid contestants ever on the history of
Survivor. Her name is Sugar. Let me count the ways about how she just
doesn’t know how to play the game.
– She is sent to Exile Island and finds the Immunity Idol.. Sounds good
right? But when she gets back she basically screams that she has it and
then gives the Idol to Ace? HUH?
– Secondly, she sent into Exile Island two more times...and we all know
that Survivor has been known to put more than one Immunity Idol out
there. And what does she do? Sit on her rear end and not look for
– Then she believes that Ace is going to vote her out and use her. And
she is convinced to vote her biggest ally out of the game.
Now the question is...is she Marilyn Monroe and Paris Hilton combined or
is she playing us all for fools? Honestly, I don’t think she is that
smart or conniving. Watch her to be exiled from the game real soon.
– Condolences go out to the family of Ray Ellis who died this week at
85. Outside of being a hugely successful pop music arranger, he wrote
the music to Sale of the Century, and Scrabble.
- Itseasytowin.com opens a live game show website to win cash.
– Comcast matches a Deal or No Deal contestant’s winnings and makes a
total $176,000 donation to Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- Lacey Schwimmer becomes the latest casualty of Dancing with The Stars
as she gets sick with endometriosis as well.
– Tom Green, soon to be on “Celebrity Apprentice 2", hosts “Go For The
Green”, an environmentally friendly game show on Planet Green. It
debuted on November 8.
– Heidi Diamond of GSN talks up the Sunday Night Poker Party. And World
Poker Tour Enterprises released its third quarter performances figures.
It’s showed a decline in revenues to $2.8 million. That was compared to
the same period in 2007, when $4.4 million was achieved. That is over a
33% drop year to year.
– SciFi orders up an 8 episode series called WCG Gamequest in a search
for the World Best Videogame player.
– The Bravo replacement for “Project Runway” is called“The Fashion
– TV Week reports that NBC reality chief Craig Plestis could soon be
leaving the network, with BBC executive Paul Telegdy in talks to replace
– CBS and Mike Fleiss make nice for a 7 episode game show commitment.
– Anthony Badalamenti, a trainer on the Biggest Loser, is held on
$100,000 bond or $50,000 cash after being arraigned in First District
Court in Hempstead on charges of second-degree assault, possession of a
dangerous weapon and endangering the welfare of a child when he
allegedly beat up his girlfriend’s 6 yr old son. NOT cool.
– Matt Vasgersian is headed to the new MLB Network.
– ESPN is rumored to be getting into the MMA game with a reality show.
– The Meow Mix Game Show press run starts before it’s debut on GSN on
November 15th. Chuck Woolery, what were you thinking?
– Simon Cowell gets dumped after 6 years.
– Regis Philbin gets a contract extension with Disney through 2011...he
might not be doing much more outside of “Regis and Kelly”, but might get
a bump in his annual $21M salary! Good job!
– Gene Simmons goes to “5th Grader”
– The LA Kings Hockey Team tape segments for Price.
– The world is ending...The Bachelor comes back on January 5th along
with the new Ashton Kutcher/Tyra Banks reality show called “True
Jason's true beauty can be found in
his collection of suits. He can
be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org .