Last time on MasterChef, the players fed the
troops, sending Stephani to defeat at the hands of a Blueberry Pie
Pressure Test. Tonight, though, it's all about a live ingredient as we
begin Round 2.
We begin with a bit
of news. Gordon Houston has fallen ill and must bow out of the
competition. The good news is that he is going to be fine.
ROUND 2 MYSTERY BOX
Inside the Mystery Boxes today... live ingredients. More specifically, a
net full of live crab, lobster, clams, oysters, prawns, scallops,
mussels, and seaweed. You will also have a limited pantry of ingredients
to compliment your proteins. The margin of error is small, but you will
have 60 minutes to cook an amazing dish.
- Francis Biondi: Spicy Seafood Broth with Seared Scallops
- Ahran Cho: Spicy Seafood Stew with Jasmine Rice
- Christian Green: Creole BBQ Shrimp with Cheese Grits
WINNER: ... AHRAN! She will get a huge
advantage in the next...
ELIMINATION TEST: Delicious Sweet Treats
First of all, Ahran is the youngest ever to enter the pantry and choose
the dish that everyone ELSE must cook out of... muffins... cookies... or
Ahran chooses.... doughnuts. Everyone
else must make a dozen stunning doughnuts in a box. And you have 90
minutes to do so.
And it looks like Ahran's plan may be
bearing some fruit, as Courtney needs to start her dough over... without
yeast. And yet Scottish Francis has an extra pack left.
Ahran has one more huge advantage...
choosing one more person to be safe and partake upon their doughnuts.
She saves... FRANCIS B.
- Courtney: Chai and Raspberry/Blood
Orange. The Chai is salty. The Raspberry is not light.
- Leslie: "Malibu Sunshine". They are perfectly shaped and perfectly
- Kira: Raspberry, Banana, and Glazed. The filled numbers aren't filled.
- Victoria: Lemon and Glazed.
- Christine: Chocolate Hazelnut. Visually uneven.
- Daniel: 16 donuts. He's a beast with sugar and yeast.
- Scottish Francis: 12 different flavors.
- Cutter: Chocolate Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Strawberry. Small
and uneven. With no filling.
The first standout box of donuts...
Scottish Francis. But the winner belonged to... the Silver Fox, Leslie.
Both are safe from elimination, and both team captains next week.
Now for the bad news...
Cutter's doughnuts let himself down big
time... but he's got another shot.
Leaving MasterChef tonight... KIRA.
Ahran's plan fails and Courtney is back at her station.
Next week, love is in the air at a
MasterChef wedding, but the cooks are ready for a divorce.
To see this episode in its entirety OR to
apply to be a contestant on season 6 of MasterChef, go to