of 9: Their Own Personal Idols
Pelt got the proverbial football yanked out from before
her, leaving nine to take on the challenge of... their
own personal idols. And helping out in this endeavor,
Stevie Nicks. Surely someone will avoid being the
wandering "gypsy" to deliver a power performance.
1. Colton Dixon - Lifehouse
- Everything - His favorite Worship Song -
Here's the thing with this performance....while this is totally NOT my
style, I can totally get this performance. This is Colton being radio
ready and in the moment commercially. This was his best performance to
2. Skylar Laine - Miranda Lambert - Gunpowder and Lead - Yes, yes and
Yes. While this COULD be a "little girl, big story song", she totally
brought the song and the attitude. I loved the vocals and the
TRIO #1 - Colton , Elise, Philip - Landslide /Edge of Seventeen/Don't
3. Heejun Han - Donnie Hathaway - A Song For You - And again, Heejun
blows the song not taking Jimmy's advice. He sounds like the man from
the Christmas Story. Bottom 3. TROUBLE.
4. Hollie Cavanagh - Carrie Underwood - Jesus Take The Wheel - Here's
the problem, while Stevie Nicks believed her passion, I didn't. Her
oversinging, overblasting and passionless performance was terrible.
5. Deandre Brackensick - Eric Benet - Sometimes I Cry - When I heard
this...I heard a young Prince. Thats how good this performance was to
me. This was HIS best performance to date. SAFE.
6. Jessica Sanchez - Beyonce - Sweet Dreams - When you look back at this
season...you will look at this PERFORMANCE and say "I knew her then."
This is BRILLIANT. This could have been a trainwreck, if not for the
best performance we have seen so far this season. SAFE.
TRIO #2 - Heejun, Deandre, Joshua - Michael Jackson - The Lady In My
Life/Rock With You/PYT
7. Phillip Phillips - Jonny Lang - Still Raining - This is right in his
wheelhouse because it's a blues rock song. I didn't know it, and his
performance didn't thrill me. But it's wasn't as bad as Heejun or
8. Joshua Ledet - Mariah Carey - Without You(Harry Nilsson). YAWN. BORED
to tears with this performance. This reminded me of Jacob Lusk and his
sorry oversinging behind. TROUBLE.
TRIO #3 - Hollie, Skylar, Jessica - Madonna - Like A
9. Elise Testone - Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love - I was just kicked
in the nads by this kick ASS performance. She sang for her life and she
was rock and roll all the way. She ain't going home tonight. SAFE.
TROUBLE - Hollie, Joshua, Heejun
Bottom Two - Hollie, Heejun
Home - Hollie(with No Save)